Reviews for Harry Potter vs Mr Potato Head
Corwyn chapter 1 . 8/18
:cackle:

Thanks for sharing this bit of delightful silliness - which is completely true.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 1 . 8/17
Not everyone is Batman dude or Robin
BabbyGirl93 chapter 1 . 7/12
I love this it's brillant
RHJunior chapter 1 . 5/5
That's probably why Harry's relatable. Be honest, do you feel like YOU are the initiator of events in your life? Or, like most people, are you constantly in the position of merely dealing with whatever comes hurtling your way as best you can?
vysirez chapter 1 . 3/13
I have to say I agree with this. It's one of the things I dislike about the cannon books. Harry is very passive throughout the whole series. Then after book 4 it's like JKR realized she was in danger of having an above average protagonist and so stopped all development, not that there was a lot before that.
LiveForeverOrDieTrying chapter 1 . 1/28
So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.

But maybe a talking potato-that-lived could have convinced the lazy lout of a weasly to go fight the troll, then weasly pisses himself in terror and throws the hairy potato at the troll, distracting it and saving Hermoine. No change. It's a magical world, why not have a creepy-ass sentient Mr Potato Head that beat a dark lord?

I may have to write a one-shot along those lines if I get really bored.
Saissa chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Excellent analysis - No wonder I stopped reading the books after the Tri-wizard tournament - they were becoming very REPETITIVE!
thedwo chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
LOL! This is one of the best ways to describe canon!Harry I've ever seen. Much better than calling him a lazy doormat.

Also one of the big reasons why I refuse to do anything with canon HP anymore.
nutmuff chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Whoa, you make a really good point! Then again, you have to take into consideration Harry's personality, and how, in effect, it managed to secure the loyalties and help from all the aforementioned characters. Without being the kind, caring child he was, Harry would not have had Ron to carry him around, Hermione to get past trials and tribulations, Hagrid to give him info or any of the other characters that performed actions to help Harry along the way. Granted, most of the help Harry received was automatic, like his mother's protection, and the centaur defending him, which could be extended to any child, not just Harry. The point I'm getting at though is that although Harry himself did not project any special skills or knowledge (aside from flying and speaking to snakes), if he had not gathered together select individuals and made use of them correctly, the situation could have very well deteriorated well beyond what did happen: namely, Voldemort getting the stone and returning to full power. Thousands would have been killed and the world plunged into another dark age of magic.
So while I completely agree with your assessment that Harry should be related to a doll in terms of his actual participation in the events in the story, his involvement does not stop merely there. What should be said about Harry is that, while not a hero (who IS at 11 years old?!), he is instead a charismatic and good LEADER. He assembled people who could accomplish what couldn't be done by their strengths individually, and proved to be the glue that stuck such odds and ends people together (like Loony Luna, Neville, Hermione, Dobby...). He was the ONE person who accepted anyone, indiscriminately. And while this may be seen as a doll-like characteristic (passively accepting any friendly person who came along), maybe in the end, being a doll wasn't such a bad thing.
quadraticutie chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
oh my god this is ridiculous you are completely correct
Neilru2 chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
... why you do this
accursed-editor chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
"We are here at Hogwarts, where we've secretly replaced the fine Harry Potter they usually serve with Folgers Crystals. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference!"

Quidditch is omitted, obviously.
fantassymaniac17 chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
This was really great! It highlighted the main thing that bothers me in Harry Potter! Great job!
NightWithMoon chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
Sadly, I mostly agree... The older I get the less and less impressed I am with the harry potter characters - doesn't stop me from reading tons of fanfiction where they aren't so pathetic though!
Eating Upside Down chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
He's 11 years old, thrust into a culture he can't comprehend, told the world he believed in is false, made his first friend, committed his first kill, learned more information on his parents who died for him to live, and on top of that is a child celebrity. That's a tall order for anyone to get over, especially when he's only socialized with bullies. Most child celebrities end up fucked mentally, so the fact that he can do all this and save someone on his parents death funeral is amazing. Harry is a more real hero than the ideal. So cut the kid some slack.