Reviews for Anything But Elementary
louisesnape chapter 23 . 6/10
Kyaaaa so good! Love it
Elendil-sama chapter 23 . 8/13/2014
I loved your story, none of the characters felt off and the intrigue was great! I loved your Sherlock who kept his personality and it was one of the few stories that handled them crying very well. They didn't feel weakened or worse. So yeah, thank you for writing that and for sharing!
Elendil-sama chapter 11 . 8/12/2014
"You're the best decision I've ever made." Well if that's not some kind of "I love you", I don't know what is! I really really like your fic so far!
Guest chapter 23 . 12/20/2013
This is quite possibly my favorite fanfiction I've ever read. The characters were completely in character, John's and Sherlock's relationship took time and felt natural, and the new storyline was intriguing and sadistic! You are truly an amazing writer for 15 years old! I've already recommended this story to my sister. :)
Lilybet chapter 23 . 9/16/2013
Really enjoyed this story. I liked the way you took the development in their relationship slowly. Nice portrayal of Sherlock.
DezziRay44 chapter 23 . 7/24/2013
Love the story, well written and the story line was amazing! Thank you for writing such an amazing story.
NicoleCollard chapter 9 . 7/19/2013
I just finished chapter 9 and I'm willing to go on reading. The story is wonderful. Very nice plot and great writting skills. Thanks for the entertainment you've produced! :)
OnceInaBlueMoon7 chapter 23 . 4/13/2013
Wow, where the hell did my day go?! This is brilliant, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
OnceInaBlueMoon7 chapter 16 . 4/13/2013
Wow, that was an intense chapter! Firstly, I love the reference to Moriarty's quote in the show, 'I will burn the heart out of you'. I think it links in with the actual episode well but it's fantastic how you've made it your own. I like the representation of the relationship between Sherlock and John with the bodies. It's almost as if Moriarty knows exactly what's going on and is almost warning Sherlock not to act upon his feelings because he has changed in John's presence and no longer believes that 'sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side' and Moriarty wants to remind him. And - Oh, I'm babbling. Anyway, I've spent my entire morning reading this and it is fantastic. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this amazing fanfiction. It was just what I was looking for.
kamelion chapter 19 . 3/13/2013
So...John just burst free and left Lestrade behind? Huh.
baie-baie chapter 23 . 3/5/2013
Lovely. Nicely-paced, slow character development and mature writing. Thank you for a lovely story and best of luck on your next ones!
kattennella chapter 23 . 3/2/2013
brilliant, just brilliant!
firiette chapter 23 . 1/27/2013
I'm sorry I haven't posted any reviews on any of these chapters, but I wanted to save up all my opinions until I read it all. Now, enough rambling, I want to dive right in and say, first of all: This was nice. You have a very fluid form of writing, and also use uncommon words that grabbed my attention. I liked that quite a bit. It made each sentence unusual and unique. I was, however, a bit saddened to find your work lacks some grammatical editing. Sometimes a sentence would be worded in such a way that the reader doesn't fully grasp right away who's talking. There was a lot of unnecessary commas where periods should have been and so on, but that is easily fixed, so please don't take my criticism harshly. I was also disappointed by the fact that you reused some events at the beginning of your story from the actual show, though I completely understand where you were trying to go with it, and you even acknowledged in your author's note that you indeed would be taking a few things from the show, which I appreciated you letting your readers know. The reason for my disappointment is that you are such an obviously outstanding writer that I wished to see your own take, your own beginning, on the cliff-hanger of The Great Game. But no matter; this is simply food for thought. And please, if I come off wrong, don't think for one second I'm trying to be harsh. I did really enjoy this story. The scenes with the fake Sherlock Holmes and fake John Watson, how the bodies are described and how they're found, plus the impact it has on the real two men, mesmerized me. It was described so haunting and grotesque that I could imagine exactly how they looked and what was happening at the time. Your Moriarty was exactly how I picture him: volatile, cruel, and utterly out of his mind. Perfect. His taunting while he tortured Sherlock Holmes in chapter eighteen was absolutely terrifying and equally perfect for Moriarty's insane character. And John and Sherlock's interactions with each other were both hilarious and charming as they were sombre and the development of their relationship was realistic as well as satisfying. There were no gag-worthy moments of unbelievable romanticism which, as you stated yourself, definitely does not suit them. All in all, I enjoyed this spectacular story and I believe you've done justice to the Sherlock series. Well done!
GeekIsShowing chapter 23 . 1/9/2013
Brilliant :D
Doni chapter 23 . 12/3/2012
Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed your take and twist on the events from season one. Great read!