Reviews for Dismantle Repair
Lolly chapter 1 . 8/28
Wow, this is an incredible well written story. But it made me so mad. The thing that I hated the most was the fact that Draco thought he loved Credic. It's obvious he loves Harry more (and not because this is a Drarry). Better sex, more feelings and more depth than with Cedric. Harry and Draco's relationship is NOT healthy at all. Based on cheating, the only thing they did was having sex, fighting, coming back to their boyfriends, let a few weeks or months pass, and repeat. This is why I never feel sorry for people on abusive relationships. Nobody deserves that, but they are causing it themselves as well, cause they keep coming back to that who is wrong for them. All and all, starting relationships from cheating will only result on more cheating. Good story with a lot of realism.
unnameme-N chapter 1 . 6/21
First off, I sincerely hope that no one reading this fic is romanticizing Harry and Draco's relationship. It is one of the most unhealthy and abusive relationships portrayed and that's including the whole Harry/Oliver thing.

Otherwise, this was a generally well written fic. Character portrayals were great, and non-romantic relationships were brilliant. A tad bit heavy on angst but I got through it.

The exploration of abusive relationships and behavior is very well-done and I commend you for that. Your portrayal of the psychological—and hence behavioral—cause repercussions of abuse was mildly disturbing in its accuracy.

My biggest problem is basically Harry and Draco's relationship. It's unhealthy and abusive, and horrifying how they treat each other and call it love. I especially hated how Draco was to blame for all of Harry's actions. Both of them had latent abusive behavior (Draco more so than Harry, since Harry's isnt really latent is it) due to their past. But Harry was the main problem really. He isn't in any psychological shape to be in a relationship or even think about one. He was the one who started and kept going after Draco and he was the one to leave, leaving Draco less sane, yet everyone looks accusingly at Draco, even Harry himself. That part was disgusting; how Harry himself didn't notice that he was perpetuating his abusive relationships.

I also did not like how Harry's friends behaved with regards to Harry's abusive relationships. They were supportive of Harry/Draco and that's appalling. Their inaction with Harry's relationship with Oliver leaves much to be desired.
ToMyMuse chapter 20 . 5/26
Loved this heartbreaking, angst-filled story.
ToMyMuse chapter 18 . 5/25
Declarations of love at last. Yes!
ToMyMuse chapter 7 . 5/24
I know this was supposed to be a lighter chapter, but I the whole Draco/Cedric/Harry situation is painfully sad. I can't stop reading though.
ToMyMuse chapter 6 . 5/24
Tough time for both of them. Fragile relationship. I'm dreading the dinner at Pansy's, too.
ToMyMuse chapter 5 . 5/24
I have to say I'm not too happy with Harry right now. Draco breaking down and admitting how sad and lonely he's been was gut wrenching. Very well written. :'(
ToMyMuse chapter 3 . 5/24
Wow. This story is amazing. So heartbreaking.
chels chapter 6 . 4/24
Wow.. first of all, you are an amazing writer, this story is becoming to be one of my all time faves! And secondly, OW! This fic is hitting me hard in the feels haha. Love it!
Herondale18 chapter 20 . 4/9
Awww! This story had more angst than I'm used to, but you put it together perfectly and I fell in love with the characters all over again!
ClaireBouldwin chapter 20 . 4/4
Well worth the read. Thanks for writing, you did a phenomenal job :) 3
flight of the mockinjay chapter 20 . 3/24
Wow. Honestly all I can say is wow.
I was up until nearly 6am last night reading this because I just couldn't stop. Then first thing I did today upon waking up was devour the last few chapters. I just love this story so much, it was an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. I never in a million years thought I would be shipping Draco and Cedric but you made it possible. Of course, Draco/Cedric has nothing on Draco and Harry, but for a little while there, I actually wanted them to be endgame

I honestly don't know where I'm going with this review so I'm just going to stop because I don't think it's coming across right. But this was amazing and thank you for sharing it with the world
Phe Phe Nix chapter 20 . 11/7/2015
God, this was the most beautiful yet heart wrenching story I have ever read.
eris8656 chapter 20 . 7/15/2015
I totally loved this story! Very well written!
You had me on a roller coaster! I am a die hard 'Harry everything' person and at times you made me want to punch him! At times you got me to really struggle with who Draco should end up with! I was surprised how much I sided with Draco and how much I enjoyed reading just from his point of view! This is story is going right in my favorites!
Guest chapter 15 . 6/27/2015
I don't usually do this, but there are few things I need to get off my chest with regards this story.

First off, people need to realize that Draco and Harry's relationship is NOT healthy and would definitely not be ok in the real world. A relationship that revolves around sex, returning back to an abusive partner, emotional upheaval, apologies, and then sex again is not-and never will be-healthy.

Secondly, I don't know why Draco keeps getting blamed by Sirius and other people for his and Harry's relationship, when in fact Harry continues to be the instigator. I understand that Harry's been through some tough shit, but that doesn't excuse his behavior towards Draco. He will hook up with Draco-knowing that Draco wants to be together with him and later on, that Draco is trying to be in a committed relationship with Cedric-and then return back to Oliver, thereby hurting both Draco and himself time and time again, all because Harry is psychologically not alright and can't help himself. He needs therapy to sort out his issues and I'm glad that he eventually does get it even if the details were glossed over quite a bit, but he should have gotten it a lot sooner than he did.

While this story was well-written and the characters generally quite likeable, The constant angst, flip-flopping of emotions, and Draco/Harry getting together/"breaking up" (if you can't even call it that because they were never really together in the first place) proved too exhausting and ultimately aggravating for me. Nevertheless, I hope they end up happy together. Everyone deserves a happy ending.