Reviews for From the Ashes: A New Hope
MooPopuP
Ginipig chapter 13 . 7/29
Hi. So, I found this wonderful piece of brilliance because I'm kind of a super (creepy?) shadydave fan, and I read her awesome sequel to this ("From the Ashes: Hope Awakens"), and that pointed me here. I devoured it, but that was a while ago, and I realized I didn't actually, you know, comment or anything. But I am back to rectify that mistake.

This is just ... ugh, there aren't really words. "Insanely clever" comes to mind. First, I love love LOVE the way you wrote Yue. In ATLA she was kind of a dishrag ("Oh, I love you, Sokka! Oh, I have to marry someone else! Oh, now I have to become the moon! Oh, sadness!"), but you've given her depth and agency and just so much awesomeness that she was my favorite in this.

Second, this is a ridiculously believable way things would have turned out if Aang hadn't been defrosted when he had, all other things being equal. I mean, I'm not super into zombies, but I buy it!

Finally, the prose is out of this world (no pun intended, Star Wars and all that). This has stuck with me since i read it (and it's been embarrassingly long since I read it): "She ran off into the mist and felt the spark of Tui within her sing out, engulfing her and bringing her into a new world." Like, I want to make love to that sentence and its imagery.

Also, you really nailed the essences of both Sokka and Katara in a single exchange:
"Sokka!" cried Katara. "It's back!" [#hope]
"Well, then kill it!" he yelled over his shoulder. [#everythingawesome]
Still giggling. Nicely done!

In conclusion: amazing. Wonderful. Clever. I'm running out of adjectives, but I just loved this :)
CalliopeMused chapter 13 . 4/14
Such a great retelling! Older!Zuko is just as adorably cranky as I'd expect, your Yue is wonderful, and all the hinting about story to come sounds great.
HipsterL chapter 13 . 12/27/2015
i only disappointed that the story was never furthured, but at least this is a pretty good mid-point to end. all in all: it was a great read and it will be fun imagining an ending for myself.
DarkJosey66 chapter 13 . 9/8/2015
Please please please do a sequel this story is awesome
Oneofthosepeople chapter 13 . 7/23/2015
. ! There is no other way of describing it. I know you probably won't read this but I've been reading Fanfictions for over a year and yours is the best I've ever read. I would trade a meeting with my favourite character from different fandomes just to read one more chapter of this fic. You kept the characters in character but still managed to surprise me with how they and the plot developed. Don't stop writing, it's a gift
bronzed topaz chapter 13 . 7/6/2015
Wow! I missed the siblings something great, but I loved this! I wish there easier with Zuko knowing, and it felt a little short, (we want Appa back!) but it was still great!

I think the thing that's killing me would be that Katara is ten years older than before, which means no Aang/Katara...still loved the friendship between him and Zuko.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/21/2015
Probably pointless to say it now, but please finish this!
InsanityIsClarity chapter 13 . 6/17/2015
This was great! Kind of depressing, but great.
PyroET chapter 12 . 4/12/2015
This is really well written, I'm sad to see it unfinished.
Icy Cake chapter 13 . 3/22/2015
Excellent story! I enjoyed each and every chapter. The different twist on the Avatar world was a good, refreshing read. The character interactions were excellent and the friendship between Zuko and Aang was adorable.

Thanks for writing this!
sat1 chapter 13 . 1/4/2015
Great story ! I would love to read more of it
Kiki1770 chapter 13 . 12/13/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. It's a shame it was never finished.
time2read chapter 13 . 9/19/2014
Update soooooooooooon! Loving this adult zuko lol! I look forward to seeing how u continue the saga
time2read chapter 12 . 9/19/2014