Reviews for From the Ashes: A New Hope
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 13 . 8/21
This story is amazing.

This story is beautiful.

This story is every facet of epicness that makes literature a part of the arts.

Please don't let this wonderfully written and impressively well thought out story be at it's end. It says that the story is complete, that you haven't updated it since 211, but I BEG you to please pick back up your imaginary pen and write some more. I crave more of this fine art like I need to breathe.

It's really, really amazing, what you've done here, and even if you never finish it I'll always be so happy that you got this far. Thank you for putting this out into the world. *hugs*
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 12 . 8/21
And here come the tears.

I'm sad now. Really sad. Poor Aang. Poor Yue. Poor Zuko. Poor everybody. I hope everything turns out alright...

This is just a really amazing fic, you know. It's really, really lovely. I'm so glad I found it again. :)
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 11 . 8/21
OOOoooh! Spirit World! This makes me both excited and sad, cause I know what is to come if everything goes according to plan...

OOooh! Azula! Again, the way you write her is amazing. She's so cunning and witty and all cold intelligence, enough so that I am impressed and awed by her even though I hate her for even thinking about hurting Aang.

And Zuko! Only Zuko would respond to a heartfelt thank you over saving a life with such small words. I love him so much. :)

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING writing as always. I am so impressed by you and your brilliant work! *hugs*
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 10 . 8/21
I really like how you described the camp. Like, the rebels don't have much, but one can see that the place is most definitely home. And I like how Yue's status isn't forgotten, even though there isn't much to distinguish it. It's the little things. :)

And Yue's reaction towards the idea of the Moon Spirit inside of her was really well written and completely believable. As was Aang's response to it. Amazing job on that.

I think my favorite part of the fic was definitely he very ending though. It was something very beautiful and simple all at once, and the terms used were really beautiful and respectful of the various cultures.

Amazing. This story is really, really amazing.
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 9 . 8/21
Oh. Oh... Zuko, baby. Zuko, honey, I'm so sorry.

This chapter made me awfully sad, even though the last little bit with Aang and meeting the swamp made me smile.

Excellent as always, of course, and now I'm eager to read onwards.
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 8 . 8/21
Haru! Haha! Yes! Haru! Haru, I like you! :)

But seriously, you write these war torn people so well. Their hearts have been broken and their spirits battered, and you show that with your words and their reactions. Brilliant.

And I love how you have Unshi and Aang being friendly, cause they're kids, and because they're willing to love and forget and forgive.

And Aang. Aang is too pure for his own good. Oh, precious baby. And now I worry for him and Zuko because Oh NOOOOOO! ARE THEY HURT!?
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 7 . 8/21
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Love it love it love it. Excellent writing once again, and is that a little bit of foreshadowing I see there!? Ooh lala!

Once more, I must mention how I love how you wrote your Yue, and you have Uncle Iroh and his proverbs down pat. Excellent job!

Nooooo! Let them in! Let them in! Trust them, my friends! THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE!
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 6 . 8/21
Aaaahhh! I always love these scenes. Introductions and suspense building! Awesome sauce. Loooove it!

And the Swamp! Oh my goodness you are so creative! I'm uber impressed with your choice. Like. You are so smaaaaart! And I love how there aren't any loose ends that you aren't tying up. You're making sure t cover all your bases, like how the Fire Nation blimp improvements and how the base survived the air attacks, Excellent writing.

And I really love the scene where Yue is talking to Aang about hi scap and his responsibilities. The entire scene was very much in character and I could really get behind it as major character development and motivation. It was very Aang, wanting to be normal even though the world required him to rise, and I loved how you incorporated his cartoon backstory into your story. It really adds to the essence of how this is the same world, except where everything went wrong.

Really, really great so far! Just as amazing, if not more so, as the last time I read it forever ago. :)
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 5 . 8/21
AVATAR STATE! YIP YIP!

Oh my goOOOSHHH! You wrote the Avatar State so well! *swoons* I'm uber impressed. And Aang! Poor Aang, he fell unconscious and he had to be carried and the mental image is surprisingly adorable...

Again, EPIC fight scene. Again, I love the characterization of Azula, and her dynamic with Zuko and is dynamic with her is just brilliant. I love the way he distracts her with his claims to rule. That's just... it's so in character for her to want to prove her worth, and so in character of him to still focus on honour, even if it is in a different sense now then it was in the show.

Yue is brilliant yet again. LoOVED her. Loved her, loved her, loved her. She was grim and desperate, but still very much herself, still royalty and brave and strong. Ilove that one sentence where she thinks about carrying Aang and how the 'princess she was' wouldn't have been able to but the 'woman she had become' could. Just brilliant.

And Iroh! Yes! IRRRROOOHH! I love the little conversation at the end, and how Yue and Zuko kind of just pitched Aang into the water. :)

So excited to read more!
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 4 . 8/21
LET'S GET THIS PART STARTED! HERE'S THE ACTION! HERE'S THE EPICALLY WRITTEN BATTLE SCENES I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! AAAAAAHHH! EXCITEMENT!

And of course there's more majestic snark, and of course poor precious smol bean Aang is trying to talk with the soldiers instead of fight them. That's such a him thing to do.

Also, the bit with the fruit made me smile, and how Zuko ended up accepting it made me smile even harder.

Excellent chapter, as always! :D
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 3 . 8/21
HAHAHA! YAAAAASSSS THE PLOTLINE THICKEEEENNNSSS!

Okay, but like, I love how you portray Azula. Because you can still see this fourteen year old girl from the show, on the cusp of insanity but still so evil and mean and cruel, lying and backstabbing and treacherous and DANGEROUS. Like, she's so smug. She's everything I imagine Azula would have been, if Ozai had succeeded. Brilliant Job!

And Yue and Aang and Zuko. I can already feel the happiness sparking in my soul as Zuko and Yue have their snark fests, both maintain protective boundaries on the oblivious precious smol bean Aang, and just holding daily battles in sassy one liners.

And Yue gossiping with Aang in the midst of the potential deadly situation. Priceless!

And her reaction to figuring out Aang was the AVATAR. It was perfect! Not overdone, but still everything it needed to be. This was the person destined to save the world, someone Yue had been praying for, but he was also just a kid and just-

The dynamic, the way you write, all of it. Beautiful. Can't wait to read more! :)
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 2 . 8/21
I forgot how much I freaking LOVED how you wrote Yue. You write her so... amazing! Like, I can completely and utterly see the Northern Water Tribe Princess from the show, I can see her, but I see her as you see her, hardened by situation and circumstance, still honourable and brave, but a bit desperate, too; no longer held back for stupid reasons, willing to FIGHT! It's Yue, but her polite decorum has been worn down by the war and by the rebellion, and you've just aged up and wised up her character so well. Brilliant job with her!

And Zukoooooo... Zuko, baby, I love you so much, you and your angsty angry ball of fluff ways. And that bit where Aang was like "Where did you learn to bake?" Made me laugh out loud. This story is so deep and funny and well written with such an articulate plotline and story ideas and brilliant characterization all at once.

And I forgot about Appa! And Aang, so torn, thinking of Appa as his family and so convinced no one would ever hurt him. Just, Aang, you smol precious bean, I love you SO MUCH.

I am so in love with this fic. I'm so glad I found it again. :)
Mashpotatoe Queen chapter 1 . 8/21
YES. YEEEEES. YES YES YES YES. I HAVE FOUND IT. I HAVE FINALLY, FINALLY FOUND IT. IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS BUT I'VE FINALLY FOUND THIS STORY AGAIN! YEEEEEEESSSS!

My gods, I love this fic. My blurry memory has been reminding me of its epicness all this time, and now that I have finally found it I am so excited to rediscover all the amazing writing and characters again.

And oh my GOSH. I forgot how much I loved Aang and Zuko's interactions. Aang is like a tiny little puppy yapping around Zuko, who is either a larger dog or a cow. I don't know. But it's great. Zuko is just so DONE.

And his interactions with his uncle! Oh my gosh, this is the BEST. I love the counting bit. :)

Brilliant job of an introduction. of introducing your world and the situation and the characters and just like- explaining everything and drawing the reader in all at once. Brilliant. I'm so excited to read more!
Mandarin Fiend chapter 2 . 4/29
hhahahahahah omg this is brilliant! I love Zuko as the long-suffering older brother figure to Aang's exuberance. The pigeonrat thing made me burst out laughing.

It was a big pideonrat... hahaha
SockMage chapter 4 . 3/30
This is actually really interesting so far. I thought this chapter was giving off star wars vibes (with Zuko acting much like Han and Aang like Luke) and then I got to the part when Yue comments on Aang's height :)
I'd say that was a well executed reference.
Can't wait to see what happens