Reviews for L'Amie de l'Abaissé: A Girl of the People
Flitpix chapter 6 . 5/31/2011
I really like this story and I wish it would continue. The titleis a bit inappropriate. I was hoping for coufeyracxeponine but this is good too.
randomtastic7 chapter 6 . 1/25/2011
I really love this story so far! There are far too many Eponine fics without any realistic inner turmoil. Marianne sometimes seems like a pushover but that might just be me. Keep on writing!
Feuilly chapter 6 . 12/29/2010
Hi. I know that you didn't ask for it, but here is what I would do here. Do the classic " three months later" and have Eponine run into Marius and have him not reconize her. It would be a good start to another part of this story. I like what you have done here and have created a very beleivable story line.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 6 . 12/19/2010
Gorgeous as usual, my dear. And yeah, the parallel (finally learned how to spell that!) is actually quite cool. I lvoe it!
RoseWeasly16 chapter 4 . 11/30/2010
I love this story (I do admit to being a bit of an Eponine fan) but the story is good and so far everything is moving very well. Please update and keep the good work!
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 4 . 11/22/2010
Must say, while Marianne is really quite a gem so far, Eponine's just a bit too...unfortunate. She's drifting far too much towards Misery!Sue territory, a place where far too many fanfic authors loose all 's correctable, and you've only just dipped your toe into the Misery!Sue ocean...hehehe, at least there wasn't any kinky knife-play...that automatically puts you in knee deep!
Orestes Fasting chapter 4 . 11/21/2010
Oh dear. I know, based on the summary, that I shouldn't be rooting for femmeslash, but... oh to hell with it, I'm totally rooting for the femmeslash. XD

Love the little details, like Eponine never picking up basic life skills in a life that went straight from "pampered middle-class darling" to "urchin." A couple nitpicks (newspaper savings a diet that includes meat would probably not be within a grisette's budget, and the newspaper might've only been available by subscription anyway), but like the HCA shoutout, the historical flavor is more important than the fiddly details of dates and prices. And the historical flavor rings true in terms of what everyday life was like.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 2 . 11/1/2010
I'll admit, I was a little nervous that this would be the overused, under imaginative trope where a girl enters Les Amis, but this is actually quite good so far. I'll have to keep reading, but Marianne, other than the rather expected name, is not very Sue-ish at all. As far as the name goes...well, Marianne is a rather large symbol in France's history...I forget why though.
Mlle Patria chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
This is quite good, especially for your first attempt at fanfiction! When I read the summary I was quite sure that Marianne would be a Mary-Sue but, I was pleasantly surprised to find that she doesn't travel too far down that road. I really liked your Eponine, pathetic, wretched,and mistrustful. The one thing that I found a bit far fetched was Thenardier hitting Eponine with a whip. Although I'm certain he would beat her, and for lesser reasons than this, I doubt that he would use a whip. However, that is simply my opinion and to each his own. It is a good story and I'm eagerly waiting for more.

Mlle Patria