Reviews for The Short Straw
Katharina chapter 1 . 1/1
I love this one to, well done.
I thought about Jack's sentence when he asked himself if there's another Jack in an alternate reality, who is strong enough to work with Carter without watching her every time.
The reality he means, is this he reality we know in the show, so, are you writing about an alternative reality in this fiction? Because I think in our reality Jack and Sam are strong enough to resist each other. Or maybe not? :) Well...just thinking. I like your writing very much.
ConnieN chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Well done
hrhdana chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
SUCH a good story!
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Incredible story! I really enjoyed it! Amazing! I really loved the depth!
Schatze8210 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
"Jack Nicholson is a superior Jack"...PERFECT!
SpankyMcFartleson chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
I've read this story several times now... I think I'd rather re-read it than read something new because it's so freaking perfect.
TimetravelingArchaeologist chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I love this, and have re-read it three times now.

Deliciously sad and perfect.
neewom chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Oh, my. This isn't something you see often, not particularly fluffy but as sweet as a marshmallow. Goodness. Please write more stuff like this!
MadaMag chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Really good, deep story. I like it very much.
Kedd chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Not sure how I missed this when it was published, but I have to say I'm really glad I found it now!

I love the AUs with Sam and Jack, and this flow through the years was lovely. I think you balanced perfectly their need and desire to do their duty and abide by the regs with their need for sanity, and companionship, and each other. It's nice to see a new author who is writing S&J without them being completely fluffy and super-human. They are so much more real and interesting when they're that little bit weak and broken.

(Also, your Hammond is made of win.)

I can't wait to read more by you!
Zoser chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Very well done
randomshoes42 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Wow! That was amazing! Totally not what I was expecting when I clicked the story, but really true to the characters none the less. I look forward to reading more of your stories!
nellstar65 chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Lovely. Romantic. Sad. Hopeful. Loved the sexy scenes!
DanniV chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Love this story. This pairing was my first love and it was really nice to see how their relationship in this story spanning so many different amazing episodes. Keep up the good work!