Reviews for A new device is being tested
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This fic is fantastic. The characterisation is spot on for all of the protagonists. You catch the edge between Harvey and Scorpius very well. That moment when Crichton is first realising that Scorpius is there and that it isn't just a Harvey hallucination is absolutely brilliant. It exemplifies the whole uncertainty factor for the reader that runs through this piece. It's a great way of representing a lot of the fundamental instability of the inside of Crichton's head.

More than anything it's the writing style that really makes this piece something special. Firstly it flows beautifully between past and present, between reality and psyche. Ordinarily, I prefer some sort of break between sections for clarity, but this straight running of the text adds to the surreal, dreamlike quality. Secondly, the phrasing in this is vivid, original and striking. It just feels like the inside of Crichton's head with a great sense of that mostly-functional, semi-coping insanity. And Earth references. That's important too. In all honesty, some of ways you've phrased things are bordering on the literary. This whole piece just reads very, very well.

Overall, this is a brilliant piece of writing. This is a wonderful story and it is easily one of the best pieces that I’ve read in the Farescape fandom.
Nelja chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really love how you wrote it. When you just rewrite some old scenes as flashbacks, there are just a few differences, but they make sense and add something. And I just love how you write John and Scorpius' interaction.
Takma'rierah chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I don't really do much on FF.N any more, but after reading your story for the third time this year I decided to log in for once just to say how much I love it-the dream-like quality of it, the Harvey, the Scorpius, the recurring phrases and juxtaposition of past and present... I'm sure you don't look back on this story with pride or anything, as it was written so long ago, but it really is fantastic.
darkfinder chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
like the part with the PK girl on the carrior the rest was sad he just couldn't move on .
Morgan Scorpion chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
Impressive, imaginative and very well written; however.

the only way the story as a whole makes sense to

mme is if Crichton were bein interrogated by Scarrans.

More please
Teach Amy chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
Oh, my. I feel like a ping pong ball, but I really enjoyed the ride. Beautifully written, original, and gutsy.
T'eyla Minh chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Wow... I'm nearly crying... that was so angsty, and so, so true to the end of Season 3... Wow... that's all I can say, but... I loved it...
Maayan chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Aligning myself with Punk, decidedly. There's skill, there's John, and there's messy, messy humanity. There are dreams colliding with no-future. There's even PK sex. I say, hm, yes.
Punk Maneuverability chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Makiko the kid! You continue to be fabulous, wherever quality floor polish is sold. I'm telling you people, this is the story you need. Scorpy, Crichton, wormholes, and dying in space over and over. Not to mention Harvey.