Reviews for Denial in E minor
Thewriterisme93 chapter 1 . 3/1/2017
I finally found it! I've had to find all my favourite stories again and this is one of my favourites, I recently watched inception again and it made me think of this story (One of the first fanfiction stories I ever read!)
Guardian of knowledge chapter 13 . 9/30/2016
I know it's been almost six years since you wrote this fanfic, but I hope that this review and the words I speak will reach out to you none the less.
Very, very well done! This fanfic has been an absolute pleasure to read. I am a 19 year old aspiring writer that fell in love with Inception back in 2010 when I watched the movie with my dear father, and just earlier this week I had my annual watch of it. The only criticizm I can possibly think of is the characters being somewhat off from their representations in the movie (at least in my oppinion), but other than that everything is amazing. The vocabulary you use is very stimulating for a non-native english speaker like me (I often needed to return to my dictionary, which is splendid), the plot is intriguing and presented at the right pace, and the dialogue has been clever enough to make me laugh out loud several times.
Good on you, Author. I hope that wherever you are in life now, that you can look back on your story and enjoy this review. Thank you :)
AnonymousM chapter 15 . 9/9/2013
First off, I would like to say that I loved this story! What I think makes this story really great is that Ariadne defends herself. She shoots at people who are shooting at her, and she doesn't wait to be rescued. I also think it's good that it's not unrealistic, because she does depend on Arthur, Yusuf, and Eames for comfort, which makes sense.

I loved how they got together! I do not think it was mawkish. At all. And, like Ariadne, I love Christmas. I'm a little upset that in the end they kind of ended up separated, but I guess life isn't perfect.

Anyway, it's like four am, but I couldn't just favorite this without leaving a review and telling you how much I liked this story!
Bridget chapter 15 . 11/9/2012
So I may have stumbled on this a little late (I just saw Inception for the first time last weekend) but I was not only blown away by the movie, but my attachment to the characters as well. I can't deny that the hint of a relationship developing between Arthur and Ariadne had me itching for more. I can't explain my yearning for a deeper study into their lives, but I am SO happy to have found your work! It gave me something to dive into, to get engrossed in, to see a better ending! Thank you thank you thank you for giving me just this little bit- I will most certainly read it again! :). Take care and keep up the good work.
Charlotte chapter 4 . 10/9/2012
I just have to say this is a really SCARY coincidence!
Today I am sick with Flu (as Arriadne and Aemes contract in this chapter) AND I watched 10 Things I hate About You this afternoon. Crazy stuff.
Sarah chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
Amazing Story!
Sache8 chapter 14 . 7/24/2012
Thanks for writing and posting this! Thanks to Batman, my JGL itch flared up this weekend so naturally I had to re-watch Inception and that didn't quite do it either, so this fic was just the thing. I liked the balance between action and "ordinary day", Ariadne's resourcefulness at the end, and of course Arthur being Arthur! The reference to Korean dramas also made me laugh. I love those! Nice work, this was just the thing to cure my fangirling ills. :-)
ReadPaint chapter 15 . 7/22/2012
Your story was fabulous and the life that was brought to the characters through your story's tone made it all the more entertaining and lovable and very believable. I can't wait to read the sequel! :)
Rosefeather chapter 15 . 6/26/2012
Hello there!

Just ran across your story today (I was rewatching Inception and it occured to me that Ariadne and Arthur were adorable, so someone else in the world must have written a story about them, right? xD Anyway, I tend to rant and rave, so back to the review!) and I have been charmed enough by it that I have ignored my best friend in order to read it. xD

Alright, so! To the meat and potatoes as it were! (God I have to quit beating around the bush.)

I do really like this story, and that's something of an accomplishment, because I read quite a few terrible Inception stories before this one! I like that you keep the team together, and have them do more jobs, because that does seem like the most logical way to go about reopening any type of relationship between Ariadne and Arthur. (So long as that is a goal of the Author's. xD) I can understand your dislike for the last chapter, because I agree, getting ooc and the like isn't any author's goal (unless you take the fun route and turn it all AU and ooc on purpose, which I gather you were not) but sometimes it's just an author's paranoia that can get in the way. I for one, loved the last chapter. Argueably, the story would seem a little ooc with Arthur having a slight personality change, of course (protective, loving, etc.) So in that case, I'd say you did fine.

Also, I did notice typos and errors, and I would highly reccomend fixing them for ease of reading. :)

However overall, I have really enjoyed reading this (I haven't been talking to myself the entire time, which is usually a good indicator that a story is boring me. .. Sorry if all this makes me sound insane, truly, I don't know what's come over me. xD)

Please feel free to discuss ideas with me if you'd like. I'm new to the Inception fandom, but I'll jump on the AriadnexArthur couple bandwagon soon enough. xD So, in summary, it's been a pleasure reading your story!

Rosefeather
thetamedrose chapter 15 . 5/14/2012
Bravo!

Honestly, I knew I would finish this fanfiction rather quickly because I was so absorbed in your writing. It's an absolutely brilliant story and you've created such believable characters which naturally develop by the end of the plot. Eames was hilarious and I enjoyed reading his dialogue. Ariadne and Arthur were adorable. Their last job was very interesting and I enjoyed the fact that you made them somewhat law abiding citizens. I also applaud your correct use of the English grammar. Proper grammar in fanfiction is just beautiful to read.

Thank you for such a good read! Its been a while since I've been interested in fanfiction

Katy
thetamedrose chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
I burst out laughing at the '10 Things I Hate About You' reference. Joseph Gordon-Levitt! I generally review at the last chapter of a completed story (so I can finish thr juicy story faster) but the reference just forced me to review now.

Anyways, back to your story. I think it's absolutely brilliant so far. The plot is intriguing, the characters are well developed and seem realistic/in character and I'm just enjoying the way you write. It's easy to read but has depth in it.

So I'm off to finish your story. Im quit sucked into your story.

Katy
Naiad8 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Just a quick note to say how very much I enjoyed this story! Excellent characterization, action, etc. Bravo!
Lula182 chapter 14 . 3/4/2012
I loved it!, I just fell in love with Ariadne and Arthur in Inception, so I was looking for a great fan fic that would complete what was left in the movie, so good that this one, was the first i found, really good it had everything romance, action and comedy. Great work!
Gracie chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
I could almost Eames with a Cheshire cat grin as he looked down on the two, thinking of ways to wake them in compromising positions. *insert evil grin*
tetsu-girl chapter 14 . 3/1/2012
PS - I love your Eames. XD Although the focus is on A/A, and I enjoyed how other characters like Yusuf and Miles were fleshed out, I adore your Mr. Eames. He's brilliantly cheeky but also supportive. I felt like I could see/hear movie!Eames perfectly in your writing.

So thanks for all the laughs, in addition to the world-building, action/suspense, and romance. Keep it up!