Reviews for Falling
TheJesusFreak777 chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
This is really dark, but I think you really did Tobias justice. He's a very difficult character to portray, I think, because he was often unpredictable in Starclimber, what with his mood shifts.

I love how you portray his relationship with Matt. It's a lot different than anything I've read.

My favorite part of this is that you follow closely Kenneth Oppel's style. It's very easy to write in the same style as Suzanne Collins or even C.S. Lewis, I think, because they're very blunt. Oppel isn't, and I'm grateful that you put a lot of effort into the word choice in this. Yes, this is darker than most Oppel stuff, but it's still fantastic in his writing style.

Peace and blessings. Loved this.
Clevingerrr chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
I have to say, I really enjoyed this story, especially since I'm re-reading Starclimber now. You were spot-on for characterization, and the overall theme was not too dark. The comparisons between Matt and Tobias created a nice parallel between the two, and the writing overall does a good job of showing what he might have thought during the astralnaut training.

I'm not sure if you're still doing this, but the first line mentioned that this was a test-bed of sorts for a Starclimber fanfic from the perspective of Tobias. Is that still in the works, or has it been scrapped? Considering how close to Kenneth Oppel's style you got with this, I'd be excited to be able to read something like that.
junebugz21 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
You write with so Mich it!
Stratoc chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Wow - perfect character analysis! It was amazing I must admit, you completely understand the characters. I didn't think it was dark at all, it was accurate and interesting to get Tobias's view on things for once.
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
This is pretty amazing - especially considering the quality of every other story in this archive. You captured Tobias flawlessly, in my opinion. And your grammar was a damn sight better than any other Matt Cruse fic. This is definitely a favorite of mine. Will you PLEASE write more Matt Cruse stories? We're in dire need of fics of this quality!
StiniBeaniPumpkinSweenie chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Hey! This is from one of your friends at school...

Great job!
reader300 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
I think you did a great job! I never really though about why Tobias would like the water more than the air...but the way you put it made so much sense! I loved the last line :)
the LIME-GREEN color chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
It wasn't dark at all, in my opinion. You were in character; Tobias being the funny guy, nice guy type thing. I really did enjoy this! It was a good piece of what goes on in his head.

Write more, though, okay? (And I will too!)