Reviews for Sodas baby
Dr Pinkie and Miss Pinkamena chapter 6 . 2/21/2014
I think it is a GREAT story! I think you should continue with the story, no matter what others say, don't let them hold you back. Just let yourself go and if you want I can give you some tips to make sure that you are really sure that you want to discontinue the story?
thatsamgirl chapter 6 . 1/3/2013
okay, this is going to be lengthy review full of concrit (so I sure hope you can handle it).

First, there will always be people who are going to be honest (sometimes very brutally). We do this for a reason. We have all been there where we have a lot to learn about writing, and the more we learn the more we want to share and pass on. Just because somebody is giving you criticism (constructive or not) doesn't mean you quit writing. You need to decide for yourself whether you're going to complete it or not. Writing is 80% enjoyment, 20% feedback. There will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like your story whether they hate the premise, your writing style or the length of your chapters. If you're writing for other people you're going to end up disappointed most of the time.

Second, clearly I can see this hasn't been updated in almost a year. Refer back to the first point.

Okay, on to the nitty gritty. Your chapters are difficult to read, which I believe is the reason people don't find them worth reading. You need to punctuate. Periods, commas, apostrophes, whatever. If you don't use punctuation, you're making it difficult for the reader to both follow along and get inside the heads of the characters. We can't figure out where one sentence is supposed to start and where it ends. It all runs together. You also need to capitalize. Every "I" you put in the story needs to be capitalized. Every beginning of a new sentence, every name. It all needs that beautiful, big, leading letter. The last thing (I can find at this point) is to show, not tell (instead of saying what they're doing, describe what they're doing.) It's one of the most difficult parts of writing, and something even I haven't completely mastered, but it's going to add quality to your chapters and really pull that reader in and make them crave more.

Before starting a story, you need to decide on EVERYTHING. You shouldn't go into it blind and then end up changing things in the middle. It's going to get far too confusing. Have a structure, a plan of where you want it to go and a list of characters.

The best advice I can give you is to find a beta. Honestly, having a beta is the best thing you can do for yourself. They can point these things out before you post and give you a chance to go in and fix it. Editing is very important, and having a fresh set of eyes on a chapter can REALLY give you the extra boost. Asking for help is NOT a bad thing. I have a beta, and she is a God-send.

Really consider the things I'm saying. I really do see the passion to write in your chapters and I want to see more from you in the future, but I want you to WORK on it so you can ENJOY it more.

Please remember that people aren't "hating" on you just because they don't agree with you. Some people are very rude (and I understand that better than anybody) but others are just trying to help you along, teach you what they've learned and give you the chance to improve and really start enjoying writing for the love of it and not for the feedback.
Reverence of the Night Rain chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
let your haters motivate you to do better i like your story and i really want to read more of it! please do not stop i want to know more about Pepsi-Cola and Sodapop!PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM BRING YOU DOWN you are a good writer and i haven's seen many mistakes in your story but if someone dogs you on something you did and you are proud of then odds are they are just jealous as fuck. so i say give 'em the finger and keep on writing your kick ass story!
iwasthelasttoknow chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
just a few grammer errors but otherwise not bad.
kaykaydreamer16 chapter 6 . 3/25/2011
keep going i like it!
crystal dawn douglas chapter 6 . 1/24/2011
i like this story and think that u should keep going
jess chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Get a beta, or a punctuation book.
Black61065 chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
omg i luv ur story plz continue it i luv it omg ya if it was a girl it would be good
sodapop201 chapter 5 . 12/10/2010
love it please keep on going!
TheMonsterThatLivesUnderUrBed chapter 3 . 11/18/2010
This is really good! ;D Update soon (pepsi-cola (like Soda's nickname))