Reviews for Their End
Thescarredman chapter 5 . 1/9
Wow. I've never played Halo, so I don't know the players or the protagonists' objectives other than escape from an overrun position, but I was riveted by this story nonetheless. Your pacing and descriptive skills put me right there and kept me there to the very end.
skywalker05 chapter 5 . 12/21/2010
Very nicely done. I could practically feel the "humid air".
skywalker05 chapter 2 . 12/21/2010
"for a brief moment, they were more human than they liked her after all." Again, I love the Spartan vs. human distinction. Nice one; Carter's reaction and the way she can count on him made this hard-hitting.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
*sniffle* Nice! I like the idea that it is in his darkest days that Jorge felt least human; he's the opposite of Emile in that way. It's very sad on you focus how he's mourning for the whole planet and his long relationship with it.
Purple Rookie chapter 4 . 11/6/2010
Okay. This is pretty good, all things considered. I'd been expecting Emile's end next, but I suppose I can wait for it.

Kat: The needle through her head would have caused severe trauma to most major function centers in the brain, so I'm not sure her thoughts would have been so coherent. Perhaps rewinding the clock fifteen to twenty seconds would be appropriate? Her line, "I want to know if we've lost..." seems like a good starting place to me.

Umm... what do you mean by Specialist? There are no Specialist species in the Covenant. When Bungie says that, they are referring to various different types of Covenant soldiers, i.e. Jackal snipers, Elite Rangers, Heavy Weapons Grunts, etc. So killing two specialists with a turret wouldn't really be all that impressive if they had been Grunts. If they'd been Elites, that might be a different story. This confused me a bit.

Once again, nicely done, and good luck in continuing this.

KartoffelFogel chapter 4 . 11/5/2010
Beautiful. Noble Six's last stand is truly the most poetic moment so far in Halo canon.

Having here think of what everyone else in Noble Team had said to her was a great idea.

Good job.
March Unto Torment chapter 4 . 11/4/2010
This is very, very good. Keep writing!
Halcyon5 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
No desire to steal your thunder, but I doubt anyone would have much coherent thought after bein shot in the back of the head/neck. A shot to such an area usually severs the spinal cord and kills near-instantly, leaving a long death-scene extremely improbable.

Other than that, it was extremely well-written. Very touching, and a fitting memorial.
KartoffelFogel chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
A nice little short story; emotional, short and sweet. Neatly poetic. Good job.

I can't really criticize much here. It's pretty good. I like how you refer to Noble Six as a 'she'. That seems to be the most common way of portraying her.
SpartanGoddess chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I really liked this. You did a great job in describing what Carter might have been thinking during his final moments. I'm looking forward to the next ones :-)