Reviews for Cerberus
RenKain chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Ahaha! Your Author's Note at the top just about killed me! (seriously, I shouldn't try to eat Sixlets while even slightly amused, as they tend to turn into tiny, round assassins at the first opportunity; also, I can relate to undecisive muses and characters, have a few myself)
And I really like your DG/Cain stories! This one especially, can't quite say why, though. Maybe it's just the dynamic of their relationship, or the details, or the mentioning of the others... whatever it is, I love it!
Thanks for sharing!
DragonRose4 chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Sigh, simply beautiful.

I adore your style of writing so much. You write as if it were you, the thoughts and ponderings are all from your head and decision making processes. Yet for each character you write, it is uniquely to them. I don't feel like I am reading the same persons point of view in every story. Do you have any original writings that you post, or don't post? I would love to see them.
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
"every night it is a different death"

'that I diiiiie with you'

sorry, that just sounded like a song... but that's a compliment, I love that sort of music

"five thousand three hundred and eighty-two enemies"

he counted them

cold hard truth, yet somehow funny

"while Cain fights demons only he can see."

I can imagine that, him letting his eyes wander around the room, seeing as ghostly images all those deaths she has died in this room alone

"He'll probably never really understand why Ahamo put him in the room"

until he is in a similar situation himself, Jeb takes care of himself, but his future children...

"if either of them"

like in the mornings... this odd sense of togetherness

"all he did was offer to ram a select few lords in a tin suit and toss them off the Crack in the O.Z."

'Why are you laughing? I'll have it done by eight o'clock'

"or if she knew he'd be more than willing to help her escape anytime she chose"

isn't he a little old for eloping?

"for she is safe in her home with Cerberus to guard the door"

slightly humorous, Cain her guard dog from hell, but that is immediately overtaken by that weird feeling that deep thoughts leave behind

this story is so... good

in your other stories there is rarely time for this kind of... let's call it analyzing of their feelings

(it's late, I don't remember the big words anymore)

but Cain... it helps understand him

that cartoonish quality he's had in my mind for quite a while now is forced to make room for another dimension

in short: great
Invierna chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
This is a great story. I've always thought of Cain like a big guard dog; a great big fuzzy one that looks scary and protects the people it loves, but also likes to be played with and cuddled with. I was going somewhere with that, but I lost it around 'fuzzy'. Anyway, great job! You depicted the characters very realistically.
friendlyquark chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Very nice. I liked this a great deal
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Even though you weren't trying to be funny, I still laughed pretty hard there at the end :) This story was really nice. It's nice to see a "responsible" DG when I've read so many fics were she took the Tin Man up on the offer and ran away with him, or where Cain just took off and DG had to chase him down. There'd be a lot more chaos around for Cain and DG if this was Gulchverse, lol, but it's a nice look into their future, and the loyalty.
Sic Vita Est chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Another brilliant one-shot. :) :)
A Southern Lady chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
aaaawww...the tin man at seems fitting. I loved this story,sometimes it really is the little or unseen things people do for one another that really make someone's day.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
He'll probably never really understand why Ahamo put him in the room at the other end of the secret passage some long ago prince built to visit his mistress, but Cain is much obliged anyhow as it allows him to slip away unseen, leaving no slandering tongues to be shot. - I'm pretty sure this is a first, and a really good idea too!

In the end it is the Tin Man that manages it, he is not even sure how, all he did was offer to ram a select few lords in a tin suit and toss them off the Crack in the O.Z. - I don't even know the lords in question, and I'm voting yes for this idea.

Though it was such a short time, he misses when it was just him, DG, and a few friends and not a nagging advisor to be seen, glitching maybe, but not nagging. - *Giggle*
writer23 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Cain reminds me so much of a great dane anyway, it seems fitting to call him a watch dog. Kind, loyal, protective, and strong enough to bark once and watch the lesser dogs flee.

That was such a nice pick-me-up to my day. I've had a rough couple of weeks and this story just, I don't know, helped. So thanks.

Oh, and I love that your imaginary friends/muses talk to you too! It's so annoying that they always seem to get chatty at 3am. But I like them, so I don't mind (that much).
Lauramichca chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Darn-it, you are way to good at this.

Nice to see you as always, and thanks for this touching piece.
Queen Isabella chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Soooo, I'm thinking you could have posted your AN as its own chapter, it certainly was long and entertaining enough! I don't know why you think this wasn't funny. I mean sure, it wasn't the blatant humor that we are used to, rather a more satirical take on things, but humorous nonetheless. Sweet too. The thought of Cain as Cerberus is amusing, but creepily accurate as well...
Onora chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
It may not have your usually humor, but I understand why Az smiled at the image of Nobles flying off cliffs. :) Nicely done.
Zade Kay chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I loved, loved, loved this. I'm glad Cain's musing finally came through at a convienient time for you to scratch this out. I loved the Cain POV and the soft way you dealt with his emotions towards DG, it wasn't beating you over the head, it was just there. Wonderful job!