Reviews for The Final Step
KroovyRed chapter 16 . 7/15/2012
Very...VERY dark story...I loved it! It takes balls to take colorful characters and adapt them to the darkest corners of the human psyche.

Random info, for some reason the song "Sex and Candy" played in my head as I read this.
Sundays Eclipse chapter 15 . 7/31/2009
Wow, just wow. it stops at 16 why is that?
air ee kaa chapter 8 . 3/15/2008
I'll read the rest later. I can't read one thing for too long.

But..., So far I think it's great. :)
Taranea chapter 6 . 11/2/2007
sorry, but...god, you must have eaten a clown for breakfast this morning or something...*still laughing herself silly about that last line*

nice fic, though.
Kal0-and-Summer chapter 8 . 10/25/2007
Summer: Direct characterization mixed with indirect characterization is always fun.

Kal0: *covering her innocent eyes* Can look at the screen now, Summer?

Summer: No, I don't want to have to put this into context for you.

Kal0: mmkay...

Summer: Anyway, I loved this. I only read it because it was mentioned on Vince's board. You were fourteen? I'm fourteen now. I wish I could write this well. I liked this for many reasons I can’t even think of. (Not to mention I'm a sucker for Knuckles and Rouge action!)

LoveShine,

Summer the author

and

Kal0 the fox

Postscript: Added to favorites
Seshennu chapter 16 . 12/5/2005
I've never been too good with reviews, or stopping myself from babbling, so... Here goes.

This story, in short, was absolutely brilliant. This level of writing is what I strive to reach someday. Your way with words is amazing... I was grabbed from the first sentence, and now a few hours later, I'm still taking in the last.

You were right to put that 'warning' in the first chapter, about reality (and the haters of). You made the Sonic universe so much more realistic than I'd considered possible. More than once I had to stop and reread what I'd just read, trying to find the true 'reality'.

...I have more words, I just can't find them at all. And if you'll excuse this bout of fangirl-iness,

:falls down and worships you: )
noxhelper9 chapter 16 . 10/26/2005
dude this story could be a lot better if you cleaned it up a bit. i get teh sotry and i enjoyed reading it , mostly cause it was a challenge to read and follow the story line. but please be a bit more clear in your stories. Im just saying this from the viewpoint of someone who has read a lot of stories similiar to this and have found them much better if you clean it up a lot.
Manicalpha chapter 6 . 10/11/2005
"Would you people stop laughing at that part? It was supposed to feel horrifying, and embarrassing, and ‘Oh shit’ like, not humorous for butt’s sake!" -chap 6

To tell you the truth, I never once laughed during the whole thing. I covered my mouth and whispered, "Oh my God," in total and utter humiliation for him.

Fuck.

I'm so glad I'm not a guy. You people have it rough.
TheNewFrontiersman chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
I agre with this ginko. This story is good, but that is one opinion by you before you even wrote it down. Other people's opinions matter, and you're wrong to think that you're really of a higher standard than anyone else. If you think a story is good, say it is good. If you say it is bad, believe it is bad. But you, you just automatically assume everything you write is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Well, apart from that, this was a good story. Little hard to follow at times, but I enjoyed it a lot and it's inspired me to start writing dark fiction. Just a bit of advice, don't hold yourself so much higher than everyone else, because without anything under you, you'll be looking at a nice, long fall. Also, why did you just put the first chapter of this story up on but not the rest?
David Macintyre chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
Hey,

I appreciate that input. You didn't give me an email address, though.

I know I'm not perfect, I just happen to know that I'm closer to legitimate literature than most of what you see on the site nowadays. You have to realize I come from a time when stuff like what I wrote was more common and the general landscape of the fandom a bit more diverse. This all changed very suddenly and it left me embittered with the readerbase, since so many credible writers were pushed aside to make way for Sonic's Crazy Random Adventures (Warning: Insanity).
ginko chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
Don't be an ass. Your profile is ridiculous. Your stories aren't perfect, you aren't perect. Try a little live and let live. And no, I'm not someone you've criticized, just a writer. By the way, try a little detail - your stories are very dialogue heavy, and it can be difficult to follow.
Spirit Wolf chapter 15 . 8/28/2005
Wow, just wow. That was really powerful. I loved it, keep writin'!
SpadeHand chapter 16 . 7/15/2004
Wh- what? Huh! Bu- I- Juicy! Wha?

I. NEED. MORE.

Oh, yes.

*hands you Newberry Medal*

As it just so happens, I AM the one who hands it out. So there.

*Add author to my Author Alert list

*Add author to my Favorite Authors list

*Add story to my Favorite Stories list

*Highly recommend this story to others.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.
Su Suto chapter 6 . 7/14/2004
There you go again, with your plot twists! I'm sorry, but I did laugh out loud at the end there. That's something you probably wouldn't find even in an American Pie movie.
taboo1 chapter 16 . 5/16/2004
Well, that sure was fun, Not much for describing scenery and such, but that's easily made up for with oodles and oodles of plot goodness.