Reviews for Starting from Scratch
Tuckero chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Awesome story! Loved every word ! Sounds like it was written by the show Good job
Kemurikat chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Steve and Danny's hilarious verbal sparring MAKES the show. The way they play off each other is an endless source of fun.

I hope that one day we get to see a nasty situation unfold with the members of the Five-0 team on their day off. (Now THAT would definitely spurn a whole whack of fan-fiction!) LOL

Found this ficlet thoroughly entertaining. And, yes, you brought out a valid point about Danny's reckless move to block a plain with his Camaro! Seems Steve's antics are rubbing off on him.

ROFL
reflex chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
I have nothing but smiles for you and this story :D
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Lol, I love your Hawaii Five-0 stories! They're so awesome! :D You get the characters SO spot on and they're always hilarious!
Sastiel chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
You are amazing! XD THIS is amazing! So there!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
PERFECT tag to that episode. Hubby groaned big time when Danny drove through that fence. lol These guys are always going to crack me up! Smiling like a loon while I read. :D

Nice one. :)
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I totally loved this! I love how you portrayed Danny and Steve's relationship and how they work together! Wonderful job!
Takada Saiko chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Sooooo. This had me nearly laughing out loud at work, but because I'm horribly nit-picky and watch the show *way* too much (and my fellow co-author Gabrielle Day would catch it and make fun of me forever and a day for the things that I miss) I have a comment on cannon (because we actually have enough to call it cannon now! *cheers*). One thing is that the Camaro didn't get driven onto the boat. That was actually just an every day police car. The Camaro did not actually show up until the second episode. I think that's it, though.

On to the compliments!

I think your writing is getting better with each new story. This one literally had me holding my breath so that I wouldn't laugh out loud at work. The banter was spot-on, the timing was perfect, and everything flowed so nicely. I realized it was longer at the end, but it didn't feel too drawn out. It was just perfect. I feel like Danno and Steve have a particular brand of snark that can be difficult to grasp hold of, but you did an absolutely lovely job of it in this.

Loved the fact that Steve noticed the scratch.

Loved the fact that Steve wouldn't leave Danny alone about said scratch.

Loved the fact that Danny had to admit that he was just really worried about Steve and it drove him to do something he would have yelled at Steve for doing and not come up with obvious options.

Just lovely.

Please write more XD

TS
SoujaLightFaerie chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Oh my gosh, when I read this story, it was PERFECT! Not only have you gotten Danny and Steve's partnership and their personalities down pat, but you created a story based on one of the most epic Danny moments in the series so far. Honestly, when I saw Danny play chicken with the moving plane, the first thing I was, "Danno just pulled a 'Steve'!" LOL

This was an awesome story. I hope that we see more stories from you in this fandom. Great job!

Jess
302pilot chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
So much fun! You have their banter down perfectly! Please write more!
kimber1461 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Oh I LOVE this! You have them spot on! And this show makes me giddy,too!
erinlouise08 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Great Story! It made me laugh :)
Violet chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Interesting insight...love the line "Some things were par for the course in day to day police work, but when someone on the team was threatened, all bets were off."

That was a great scene when Danny drove the car through the fence and stopped in front of a moving plane! Almost as good as when Steve was driving on the cliff and Danny got up and sat on the window with his gun raised just as Steve pulled in front of the criminals!
ZhaLenn chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
It's been a while since I saw that kind of chemistry between two characters in a tv show. I really loved your story. Their banter is epic :)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
This was great tag to this episode. I thoroughly enjoy the bickering/bantering between these two.
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »