Reviews for Starting from Scratch
Ice Bear chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I thought this was terrific and you did a wonderful job capturing Steve and Danny. It sounded exactly what I thought would happen if they'd given us 3 or 4 more minutes of film based on the "look" Danny and Steve exchanged.

I'm looking forward to more 5-0 from you, can't wait!
lynneanne chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Perfect, perfect, perfect! This should SO have been part of that episode. You have the characters down so accurately. Love this!

And this show makes me giddy, too! :o)
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Yeah, that was an amazingly McGarrett-like thing to do, Danny and the plan. Pretty damn cool shot too.

Great job on the back and forth banter, and on Danny's ulterior motives. I hadn't even thought about it, that Danny's rash move was preceded by Steve being cut off on the phone. That's interesting. And I think you nailed the reason.

"Feeling equally uncomfortable, Steve turned his attention to the ground, trying to find some way to resolve this conversation that didn't threaten his manhood or Danny's unpredictable boundaries."

- LOVE this. Yeah, those awkward man-hug moments for man's men like Danno and super-hero McGarrett. Got to be hard. You had their reactions spot on. I think if they actually ever hug, I might start yelling "Stop that!" at the screen. HEE!

Fab job, as usual!
hazelmom chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Nice banter. I like your conclusion of last night's events. Sheila :)
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I never thought about how reckless Danny's driving was-that was totally a Steve move.

I love how these guys play off each other and how effortlessly you capture the banter.

Maika'i no!