Reviews for the air that inhabits you
Marius chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
This is beautiful
recoilandgrace chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
So gorgeous. All of it. (lessthan)(three)
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Very deep and intense!
LightWoman chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
This is so beautiful; I love your writing. Favourite lines:

in a tiny nation located just south of absolutely nowhere, that only the two of them actually know about

Maybe it would just be them, ensconced in a dark cave, where no light bled through but they could feel for each other in the dark.

Maybe he would be the night there, and she would be the day, and at dusk and dawn he would bleed into her and she into him.

Beautiful writing, very thoughtful and poetic. I hope you'll be writing a lot more :-)
ana chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
beautiful and perfect. Thank you
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
sooo many killers:

"Speak his language and understand his pages and pages of silent monologues. Sometimes, when he looks at her"

"It's a waltz, almost, his eyes on her face"

"Violent bursts of colour interspersed with little patches of silver, green and brown."

"She ceases to exist in those corners.(the words don't matter – never did, never will. Sometimes, when he talks, she can't even hear what he's saying over what he's not saying. The spaces - cracked crevices that widen and swell until they are canyons - in between his words, that's where he gets her. She understands. She wishes she didn't.)"

"a tiny nation located just south of absolutely nowhere, that only the two of them actually know about."

"His gaze could be like a warm blanket she curls up with, wrapping it around her shoulders."

"proof, proof, proof of position to renew."

"Can't they go back to that dance, that silent language she still isn't fluent in, but she knows well enough that she can infer his meaning, instead of being slapped in the face by the abrupt loudness of too harsh words?"

"His face is like avant-garde .But tricky to analyze."

"There's a sonnet in the sway of his body toward hers and she can't read it, but she is willing to bet it is gorgeous."

"Inky night skies exploding with fireworks – blues and reds and oranges and greens that paint the whole canvas in luminescence."

"at dusk and dawn he would bleed into her and she into him."

wow! too great! sooo intense! poetic n lovely n dreamy...(perfect) ;)
CaraMia-1984 chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I had never read this poem before, nor had ever read anything by Margaret Atwood, until earlier this evening when you mentioned this poem on Twitter. Of course I immediately searched for it and read it online...

I would like to be the air

that inhabits you for a moment

only. I would like to be that unnoticed

& that necessary.

Those were the exact lines that completely captivated me so I love that you opened this up with them! I love this story so much because it takes you into a deeper understanding of Foster's psyche and how she understands their relationship - their unspoken language. I feel as though this story is a painting. I could vividly imagine "inky night skies exploding with fireworks", "landscapes so bright and vibrant that it hurts to look at everything."

Ok, I'm fangirling out of over here. I could really keep gushing about this!