Reviews for The Lost Civilization
PossesedHunter chapter 53 . 2/6
I've read the entire book, and I think you should try to get this published. You made all the characters 3d, having their own reasons for hunting and getting stronger. I thank you for this work, and hope you bring it to a publisher ASAP to show the world your way with words.
BlazerBug chapter 2 . 1/15
balance
BlazerBug chapter 2 . 1/15
now that i think about it id like to see someone with no napance try to stand on a bucking monster and stab it at the same time
Stirtard chapter 1 . 1/4
Jesus...1.1million words...I'm gonna have a fucking blast
Leftwich08 chapter 52 . 7/20/2017
what the actual fuck... I sincerely thought that everything thy had suffered was behind them then that damn "doctor"... you have managed to surprise me more than any other author
Decaedeus chapter 53 . 7/4/2017
Wow. Finally made it to the end of this leviathan of a work, and although it's been a long journey, it hasn't been tiring at all. A perfectly cathartic ending that could not be better for this wonderful piece. If I had to critique, I'd say bit corny at times, and some of the characters came off as slightly tropey or one-dimensional. But I loved all of them, I loved the story, I loved how everyone had to struggle to beat the Alatreon because things aren't handed over on a silver platter to any of your characters. I enjoyed how basically everyone had to conquer their own personal demons, from Ellie's struggle with the Rathalos, to Lynn's hatred of the World Eater, Filcher's doubt over his own destiny, and ultimately Levin's fight with the Alatreon, in addition to the overarching threat. The Alatreon itself was a spiteful and beautiful villain, not simply one that destroyed for the sake of it but rather had motivations and weaknesses like all humans. This is incontestably the greatest work in the MH fandom. Thank you.
Khaleena chapter 2 . 6/30/2017
This is exactly what I was looking for. I have just joined the vast FanFiction and I'm SO happy I stumbled upon this particular story to be my first, being a great fan of the Monster Hunter series (have been playing since Freedom Unite on PSP).

After reading the forst two chapters, I have the feeling this is going to be epic.

Not too fast but not that slow either, the story quietely unfolds and sets a vast and surprisingly realist world in which the characters evolve. We also discover these same charachters as the story goes, and I really appreciate the fact that the author didn't directly jump on their descriptions, giving us just what we need to pursue and leaving the rest to the imagination.

As for the story itself, the Lost civilisation, this new village, Ellie, the hunters... I'm really looking forward to what is coming next.

(It would be great if you just overlooked all of my langage mistakes and my wavering english, being French and unsually only writing in French)
Zakeraz chapter 53 . 5/20/2017
Feels good making it to the end of this story. What a delight it's been reading through your work. These last chapters have been great. The battles are wonderfully detailed and all the antagonists met such cathartic demises. The comeuppance was glorious, especially Puggles! Props to at least doing service to his talent as a warrior by letting him wound Alatreon. Interesting choice for Levin and Ellie to never realize he was responsible for Ellie's Barroth scar. Although, by the end, that was the least of his crimes.
One of the things impressive about this story is how your characters aren't indestructible. They've received injuries that took time to heal, and in the case of this finale, injuries that didn't heal. I bet that's the reason I've so often feared for their survival despite none of the protags actually dying. But geez, you really threw them through the wringer at the end. Poor Levin, only surviving at the cost of an arm and a leg. I don't want to imagine him and Ellie looking hideous with all their scars but... Speaking of which, Farren seems to be the only one who escaped his comeuppance. You've made him quite a complex character, with Levin getting two good assets out of the horrible things Farren did to him. Despite Farren inadvertently doing some good, I still want to STRANGLE HIM! With Levin's dark steel arm. But that can wait for the sequel. Looking forward to starting that by the way, but I'm currently working my way through the DLC and quite enjoying it so far.
Does that offer to join you for monster hunts extend to Generations today? It'll be a while before I get to the latest chapter to see for myself.
Funny you should bring Dekirn back. I had been expecting him to make a reappearance for a good chunk of the story. Nice to see him finally make his return. As for another recurring character, I think your lanternless Gobul has joined NCHProductions' tailless Rathalos in the club of endearing monsters that just can't catch a break.
Thanks again for the story. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer.
Zakeraz chapter 46 . 5/14/2017
These fight scenes are exquisite and beautifully detailed. One of my marks for great battle writing is when i can not only see the action but hear it as well. Your descriptions provide a full sensory experience magnificently.
Zakeraz chapter 42 . 5/13/2017
Oh what the fuck? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? This story is more adventure and tragedy than humor. Levin is going to die in Ellie's arms when they're finally reunited, isn't he? I don't see what potential this story has for a happy ending at this point. How many other readers have gone over the despair event horizon at this point?
Zakeraz chapter 41 . 5/13/2017
Are Felicia and Rowan recurring characters? The guard that recognized them seems to imply that I should recognize them too, but I don't recall them appearing anywhere else in the story.
Zakeraz chapter 38 . 5/13/2017
Oh my god this got dark. Poor Nat. This entire arena needs to burn along with all of its patrons and staff. With all the recoverable injuries the characters have had up to this point, I didn't think you were going to do such severe damage to someone like that.
Zakeraz chapter 37 . 5/12/2017
And the school of hard knocks keeps on rolling. Our poor heroes, always in the wrong place at the wrong time and we just know they're heading for more trouble and more good deeds to be punished. I don't think this story needs another antagonist in Silas; there just isn't room for him given how many this story already has.

I was glad to see some touches of humor in these last two chapters. If this story is going to be in the humor genre, it needs to have more of that. It also could use the humor to relieve some of the tension the story keeps building.
Zakeraz chapter 33 . 5/11/2017
Well shit, talk about a wham episode. I thought the Alatreon's 2IC wasn't the giant Rathian since it boasted about how she didn't need much persuasion to join his cause, but he did have to use the whistling mind control on the Rath.

One thing that hinders Levin and Ellie as characters is their motivations don't have much weight to them. They're both concerned with finding their families through different methods, which would have weight if we actually knew anything about them. As it is, it's hard to care about the fates of these nameless, faceless families. You have the perfect framing device to give us some info about them through the vivid dreams the two of them are having. You could also use the flashback dream like you did for Zhanin and Salem. Alternatively, just have them tell stories about their families; storytelling has been such a strong recurring motif in the... story, that doing so wouldn't be out of place.
Zakeraz chapter 32 . 5/10/2017
The detail in these hunt scenes make them quite engaging. Well done on those. Oh man, poor Zhanin. You made a tragic backstory for the devil that's just as sympathetic as I was hoping it would be. It's like the opposite of Winry Rockbell's parents from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Feels bad, man.