Reviews for DADA boycott
It's amazing. Not only how fast a childish boycott exploded into a full and expanding global civil war. Then again, seeing how the Wizarding Worlds apparantly (and highly likely) never went through the social & government reforms of the last 300 years, I guess this was unavoidable. But what's truly disappointing is that you've clearly abandoned this masterpiece just as things were getting REALLY interesting! It's a true shame.
Ok, I admit it. Next to Art of War, this is easily one of the well-written stories that features a student rebellion that actually has plausible reasoning and the potential for success. Great work!
cyiusblack chapter 16 . 8/31
updAte soon
LBibliophile chapter 17 . 8/24
Wow, that snowballed. The boycot was a good idea for dealing with Umbridge, but I hadn't thought about how far it could go.
It was amusing to see Voldemort and Dumbledore end up on almost the same side.
Blitzstrahl chapter 16 . 8/19
Well damn lol that took a 180 so fast I have whiplash.
Blitzstrahl chapter 15 . 8/19
Britain, Germany, France the "big 3" of magical western Europe Revolutions are won for the moment. That leaves "minor" countries like Spain, and Italy. The Nordic North and Russia I'd think would have different politics.
Blitzstrahl chapter 6 . 8/19
As much as I love her your giving Hermione to much credit, in that the Minister of Magic instantly recognizes her as being a Muggle born witch. He's never actually met her.
Saissa chapter 17 . 8/7
No updates for 3 years. Any plans to continue?
Dymian chapter 17 . 8/2
Can't wait for more!
AnimeFreak71777 chapter 17 . 7/22
Please update! :D
SmileyKatie chapter 17 . 7/13
It's been over six months. It's been two years and ten months. That's how long I've been waiting for you to write another chapter. Please, please, please! Write another one. I love this story!
A chapter 10 . 6/7
Vietnamese-Louisiana people! yay us!
Immortal Sailor Cosmos chapter 10 . 6/7
JKR explained in an interview that blood statue was like Hitler's definition of being Jewish, that is, it takes you grandparents into account. So, If you have one-non magical parent or grandparent, you are considered a Half-Blood, which is to say not a pureblood or muggleborn, whereas if you have all magical parents and grandparents, you are a pureblood. Ad you have to remember that Voldemort only had the people who believed that purebloods were better than everyone else and wanted all non-purebloods and muggles dead on his side, and considering that at least half the population would be non-pureblood, those wanting muggles and muggleborns dead is actually less than that.
Lily is a muggleborn, with an all muggle family, James is a pureblood, with an all magical family. Harry and Dumbledore are both half-bloods, because while both parents are magical, both had muggle maternal grandparents. Snape and Riddle were both halfbloods as well, with muggle fathers but pureblood mothers. When Ron and Hermione had kids, they were halfblood, because their maternal grandparents were muggles, when Harry and Ginny had kids, they were purebloods, because all four grandparents and both parents were magical. Tonks was a halfblood, with a muggleborn father. Remus was a halfblood, with a muggle mother, and Teddy would be considered a halfblood because his paternal grandmother was not magical. If he marries Victorie, then his children will be purebloods because Remus, Tonks, Bill and Flure are all magical. I hope that helps.
Immortal Sailor Cosmos chapter 7 . 6/7
I'm American, and I didn't know half of that about the tar and feathering. Oh I know it was done, and lots of people I know still use it as a saying, be we never talk about where it came from, why it was used, or when it happened. I don't think that was actually covered in any of my history classes (unlike lynching) and I never thought to look it up.
D chapter 12 . 5/28
The result of muggle vs wizard war depends on which sides are allowed to bring their full force out to battle, of course favoring the side that pulls out their "big guns" (Basilisk, ice storms (If you think about it, Ice storms are worst against computers and crops), meteors, dragonpox -vs nukes, machine guns, chemical warfare, biological warfare, nanobots). If both sides pull out their "Big guns", this will be a very short war, slightly favoring the muggles because of their high population base (all I have is Great Britain as a reference, hmmm at least 1 mil vs what, 10,000?). Whoever wins this short war won't have many people left of those that went into battle. Of course a successful preemptive strike will win it at low cost for your side (this favors the wizards as mainstream muggles don't think of them as a threat), but if it fails (which it can easily due to bad intelligence- exhibit A- Arthur Weasley- "Expert" of muggle artifacts), you can be sure the muggle retaliation strike would probably be lethal, should they choose to attack.
If they should go into a variant of the cold war, then these are what each have:
Pros - Legilimency, Imperio, Avada Kedavra, Veritaserum, Invisibilty, Silencio, Portkeys, Apparition, Resilience- See Nevile Longbottom falling out of building on head and bounce, Possibly Occlumency, poisons, curses, moving pictures, muggleborns, bubblehead charms and gillyweed
Cons- Low population, reluctance to change, poor communication
Pros - High population base, various stances on change and the different, satellites, planes, cell phones, lasers, cryptography, submarines, spy training, fast acting untraceable poisons, mass production technologies, economics, muggleborns, scientific method, does not know the rules of magic.
Cons- No magic, does not know of wizards, does not know the rules of magic.

One of the things that will likely turn the tide is: which side would the muggleborns mostly choose? They are the resident experts of the other side. So let's rephrase the question: Which side requires the least amount of change for the muggleborns- extra-gifted muggles who didn't go to high school or lower class wizards? -Remember Hogwarts has racism and Britain's MoM and Hogwarts School Board has those like Lucius Malfoy.
On the whole, I think that even with attending the full 7 years at Hogwarts, muggleborns would find it easier to transition back into their parent society. One can make a million without going to High school. It has and will continue to happen. Even then, only a recession or depression would prevent a significant number of muggleborns from getting jobs that could increase to reasonable pay. Compare that to you are not likely to advance or even get the job if you don't stand out significantly more than the racist aristocrats who can buy the job.
It is logical to follow that with muggles would get enough intelligence to make any preemptive strike a failure if not a total failure. And should such a strike happen, muggleborns would become the new scientists, spies and maybe even generals.