Reviews for The Official Fanfiction University of Middleearth
LilactheDryad chapter 52 . 10/14/2016
Interesting, you now have a mini balrog named Barlog! How does that work?
LilactheDryad chapter 30 . 10/12/2016
You have now a new mini-balrog known as Sarman.
LilactheDryad chapter 20 . 10/12/2016
Oh! I know who he is! It is so simple!
LilactheDryad chapter 18 . 10/12/2016
Aaw! Gimli!
LilactheDryad chapter 5 . 10/12/2016
O my gosh! I am on the verge of death by laughter!
LilactheDryad chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Oh my...
Guest chapter 64 . 8/20/2016
I never figured out what the greatest evil was. Unless it was bad fan fiction. Nice story tho, thanks for sharing it
Ao tori chapter 20 . 8/2/2016
Is it Bilbo?
RatherFabulous chapter 53 . 7/13/2016
Oh...wow...that really, really WAS awful. I can't imagine how much work it was to completely bomb the rhythm and search for alternatives to words and phrases that might actually flow. Just ...wow, that's dedication.
RatherFabulous chapter 10 . 7/13/2016
Was "the air cackling" done on purpose? 'Cause it was funny.
RatherFabulous chapter 9 . 7/13/2016
A LONG, BORING TEXT ON THE ORIGINS OF URPLE

Well, I feel like I'm necro-ing (You know, I find myself bemused by the current habit of "verbing" nouns - which is, in and of itself, a verbed noun, if that can be considered a real thing, which apparently it can - and yes, I know run-on sentences are "bad", as is the overuse of sentences in parentheses in the middle of a paragraph, which simply means you should insert another paragraph.) an ancient fic, but "urple" ain't really a "brand new color".

I think the only true "brand new colors" are the fluorescent dyes that came into common use when they became the rage in the 1980's. (Wildlife and nature already had fluorescent colors of course, fashionistas that they are, but in wildlife, it generally means "don't even think it".)
Funny thing, early experiments with fluorescents accidentally resulting in the creation of the first analine dye. Wanna guess what the color was called? MAUVE! (Although, the first"mauve" was a brilliant, glorious purple. Not "urple" at all.) The beginning of the aniline dye industry was mauve.

Variants of "urple", under the aegis of mauve, were all the rage in the 80's too, although then, mauve was a blanket term covering variants ranging from a greyish lavender to a vile pinkish-purple color that I always thought looked a bit too much like the color of innards. At that point, mauve and purple were considered to be entirely different colors - unless you're the sort of male for whom all purple is purple...

That this color, "urple", now has an official term, much like "celadon", "magenta" or "chartreuse", is splendid. How I wish I'd had that term to use when the wretched color was popping up everywhere.

Urple! It's perfect. I'm so happy.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 1 . 4/27/2016
Damn, I wish.
codename00guest chapter 64 . 1/4/2016
Excellent.
codename00guest chapter 57 . 1/4/2016
Sooo wait up, we know Sauron has a vampire form, and that Morgoth didn't suspect Luthien because she disguised as a vampire, but vampires aren't Middle Earth creatures? What am I missing here?
codename00guest chapter 55 . 1/4/2016
Where is this in middle earth anyway? Near the edge of the Pelennor plain...?
3,146 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »