Reviews for The Lion's Roar
Narnian chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Dear Swanwhite2
That was a wonderful poem. It was beautifully written and it told the
story perfectly. I've read some of your other poems too and I think you have a talent for poetry. I hope you have a great day and that you never stop writing.
Sincerely
A loyal Narnian
Skandar-and-Georgie chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I love the sparseness, the rhythm, and the juxtaposition of the two roars. Well done!
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Thank you for your review on my story, "Walk Humbly With Your God." You appear to have private messaging disabled, so I'll have to answer your question here by quoting Lewis and saying, "It might be." The courtly speech in the end of LWW, PC, and HHB is one of my favorite things about the series, and I've written several pieces borrowing from the KJV Bible to tell Narnia stories.

Now on to your poem: Wow. The rhyme and rhythm actually reminded me of Lewis's own poetry. Wow. So few poems here rhyme or are any good that I don't read many, but I loved this one. Thank you.
Miniver chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I like the unusual meter and line length: it makes this poem very sparse and severe. I love the "cataloguing" pattern that you've chosen as your approach rather than using action verbs. It underlines the numbness and fragmentation the girls must have felt. There are a few lines that bring Tolkien to mind, for instance "The ending of all things" and "The sight of distant shore." I wonder whether that is coincidental or on purpose? Either way it's a nice element that hints at the common values Lewis and Tolkien shared.