Reviews for The Veil
Danni Lea chapter 11 . 1/2/2012
Loved it! The best Sorcerer's Apprentice fic I've ever read and I look forward to anything else you write for this fandom.
T'Kirr chapter 11 . 6/24/2011
I'm usually a stickler for grammar and spelling, and I probably at times misjudge a story by putting as much value as I do on it. This is one of those cases. You make up for it by being prolific with good content.

The plot is sound and holds my interest enough for me to overlook my usual "pet peeve". You very obviously put a lot of heart into this story. I found myself surprised at the depth of historical and scientific accuracy (as I know it) or plausibility in the case of magical unknowns.

Overall, I've found the characterization of both Dave and Balthazar refreshingly recognizable when looking past grammar. Balthazar is knowledgable and Dave is... well, Dave. I cheered Balthazar on when he got passionate about rescuing Dave. I pointed to my iPhone and thought, "That's the Balthazar I know!" I was a little disappointed at times when Dave would say "Thanks" or whatever in response to Balthazar or maybe someone else, and there was no emotional description.

I ate up the sorcerer fight and all the training sessions. I love that you're expanding into the character history that ultimately brings Dave and Balthazar closer. My favorite line was "When it stops being funny." I actually lol'd P

It's rare that I seek fanfiction for a movie. I only saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice recently, and I fell in love with it. Connecting with the characters is the most important aspect of a fic and I've been hard pressed to find much. I think you've done brilliantly! Thank you for writing this. I hope you plan to write more!
Radar1388 chapter 11 . 6/13/2011
excellent, i really enjoyed this, i especially liked the ever-so-slight father/son relationship between dave and balthazar
Guest chapter 11 . 1/7/2011
Awesome story! Loved it a ton. You should do a second
TracedScars chapter 11 . 1/6/2011
The end? Finally. I can't believe it. This was an amazing story. I'm sad it's over.
Jaselin chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
This is a great ending to the story, It's really nice to see how much Balthazar worries for his apprentice.
BeautyandYue chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
I really, really liked this story. I would be interested to read a sequal, if that is in your planning. Anyway, good job. I loved it!
Dark Horse Writer chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
Thanks for the special mention. This was a good chapter, and I really like seeing how Balthazar is devoted to his apprentice safety.

Awesome story!
Elita One chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
awesome fic

poor dave but that crisis is over with
MaybeTomorrowI'llFly chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
Amazing! This was an awesome story and I love your style of wrting! Eveyone was in character and there was amazing description! Amazing job on this chpater and the whole story!

Great job,

not like the others
Dontpaytheboatman chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
Ooo go Dave :D, guess he won't be having any more trouble with duplication then yeah? An early update would be absolutely lovely.
Jaselin chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
Nice new chapter, it was really cool when Dave changed everything to iron like that.

Could we have an early update perhaps? :)
Epistle chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
I found this story surfing the TSA archive, and I gotta say, I am IMPRESSED. It's one of the best fics I've read! Jareth in all his gliterry and leathery glory was awesome, as well as what he's made up of. Dave's capture was quite something as well, since it showed how much Balthazar cares for him. I also loved Bartholomew and I was a little sad when he left us reviewers, but I knew all baddies gotta go sometime. So it was this guy? Whoa. I feel more scared of him than Bartholomew. Thank goodness for the Veil. AND BENNET! Haha, double B. Him being rich was surprising, but of course you can accumulate money over the long years. Balthazar being rescued by Dave here was incredible. I really would love you to update before Wednesday.
Dark Horse Writer chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
This was a great chapter! really it was!

Wow, Dave turning the whole street into iron? Balthazar jaw must have dropped a few levels then.

Great work!

Update soon please!
TracedScars chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
I like the name of that guy. Bennet knowing threw me off, but their friends, of course. I also thought Dave acting like that was rather courageous. I had a feeling this was coming to an end as soon as the leader was revealed. Absolutely wonderful chapter! I'd love for you to update sooner.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »