Reviews for Child of Rapine
Guest chapter 20 . 6/6/2014
You are a master at middle aged dialect,
but I'm not.
I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A FUCKING THING ROARKE SAID
wherearethegoodpennames chapter 37 . 7/13/2013
This story was awesomeee and it deserves so many more reviews! I stayed up till five to read it! Thanks for sharing:)
doctorg chapter 36 . 11/25/2012
I really like the charm, persuasiveness, and even playfulness of the demon here.
doctorg chapter 35 . 11/25/2012
Loved this:

The demon beside him glanced up. Supercilious bastard, isn't he?

"Yes, decidedly."

As well as the detail of the rules you've created for the duel.
doctorg chapter 34 . 11/25/2012
This one was my favorite:

Seòbhrach Rubha's King still stared, goggle-eyed at the cold-eyed slip of a girl who sat with the poise of a queen before him—she would have been queen, he thought furiously—calmly slicing arguments from his hands.
doctorg chapter 33 . 11/25/2012
Again, such a lovely description in so few words:

children were slumping, or weeping with weariness.
doctorg chapter 32 . 11/25/2012
This was my favorite line:

He considered the Prince a moment, and then his chosen lover, weighed the degree of intelligence evidenced between them.
doctorg chapter 31 . 11/25/2012
"You again," he growled, opening the door to the Prince.

lol.
doctorg chapter 30 . 11/25/2012
I love the resolution to this...Tam and Iain to the rescue...with dancing girls!
doctorg chapter 29 . 11/25/2012
Aw...

He was careful with her, mindful of tenderness, yet demanded all of her be given over to his safekeeping. In return, all that he was, he poured into her.
doctorg chapter 28 . 11/25/2012
Once again, the vividness of your description is great:

His face, lean and harsh, was tight, the flesh of it stretched taut over the rawboned frame of his bones. Eyes the color of a blade were locked on hers, searingly direct and intimately searching.
doctorg chapter 27 . 11/25/2012
I love how you give Rapunzel a fierceness that shows she is a good match for him:

"Good," Rapunzel said, a vehemence to her words that made him blink. "They deserved it."
doctorg chapter 26 . 11/25/2012
This was my favorite line:

Instead it treaded the tired trails it had been slogging for the last several hours, revisiting again and again each part of their discussion, weighing words, measuring inflections to try and find the meanings that might, or might not, be hidden there.
doctorg chapter 25 . 11/25/2012
Their dialogue is wonderful here. So carefully worded, and fraught with meaning. I like this line in particular:

"Did you want the full of the tale, or did you come to point out the many and varied mistakes I've made throughout my career?"
doctorg chapter 24 . 11/25/2012
This little awkwardness was perfect. And I like the slow resolution to their reunion, the approach and retreat, rather than them just falling into each other's arms with declarations.

The lack of an explanation for her clanged audibly around the room, ringing in the adults' ears.