Reviews for Brace Yourself
Yup, I remember braces. Overbite and crooked teeth, just like Dean. I was actually excited to get my braces, because my cousin had them and I wanted colored metal on my teeth. I thought it would hurt a lot more (figured they would drill through my teeth) and it was a mind reliever when I found out they used a form of cement-glue. ;) My own appointment took over three hours, between re-doing mouth molds and gluing the braces on. Lucky Dean, the process itself only took an hour for him. -_- Good description on the process and Dean's intense loathing. I like the idea that he might have needed braces when he was younger.
SerendipityDire chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
This is adorible because that is exactly how Dean would react!
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Dean is so sweet in this one. Absolutely loved it. Well, he's not sweet - but he's sweet at the end.
mirkwoodchick263 chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Wow, funny!
nette0602 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Very nice!
lorusgra chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Nice story!
BubbledUP chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
For a good chuck of the story, I was wondering what on Earth was going to happen to Dean. At first, I thought shots (but Dean is too Dean to be afraid of shots), then medical supplies (relating to his diabetes in Westcott Preparatory Academy - which is an outstanding story by the way, but then you said that it didn't relate to any of your other fics). And so, I was stumped.

But, then it hit me. Brace Yourself... braces. Which, when proven correct, resulted in an avalanche of laughter and mirth from none other than yours truly.

Continuing on, I can totally relate to Dean because I, myself, have worn braces for four years, so trust me, when I say I understand the pain, and the frustrating, and the oh so redundant jokes.

But enough about me.

Your writing and plot is as splendid as always, doused in this refreshing reality and clever wit only you seem to possess. Everyone is in character and everything is just flow-y and heart-wrenching and awesome.

And so, thanks for a good read. It's really nice. Me gusta.
Mouse95 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
That was a great story. I've never read one were Dean had to get braces for his teeth.
Sweetpea chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This is cute. I am waiting for you to finish "Family is Everything" chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Just read this on UnGen but thought I'd review here too!

Really enjoyed that! Wonder if Jared and Jensen had braces as kids or if they were lucky enough to have naturally straight teeth? I had a brace on my top teeth as a teenager and had to wear the head thing, but luckily only at night!

Could well imagine Dean digging his heels in and John getting a headache with all the stalling tactics Dean put up! And typical Sammy being interested in seeing the braces and wanting some too to match Dean's! And gotta love Bobby cooking Dean's favourite food and getting ice cream! And just knew that Dean would give in and want to drive the Impala in the end!

And if John thought Dean was difficult just imagine what a stubborn Sammy would do in a few years time! :)
HAMUCHA chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Awww, Dean, Dean, Dean. I'm so sorry for you. At the time when I got braces, all the wires are inside my mouth, and I could choose smiling instead of laughing. Hehehe.

Sam's such a sweet heart, wasn't he.

But hey! It hurt when I got them. Shouldn't it be worse when Dean got them? Maybe because he did experience worse because of hunting, huh? Then it's all good. I hate thinking that not only embarrassment he had to deal with, but also pain.

Nice work with the fic. Like it so much!
Darthnikki chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Poor Dean, it's not nice having to have them bad boys on, I had to have braces and they sucked! they hurt, were uncomfy and I was teased for being a metal mouth! course I also said I'd rip there throats out now I had metal teeth but hey whats a girl to do and I am a sith after all, they should have known

Bless Sammy, can I get braces too so he could be the same as his brother. He was a sweetie wasn't he? I also love your Bobby, you always write him so well, and I'm a sucker for a weechester story.
Lilly B chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I enjoyed reading your story. I thought it ended a little abruptly, but it was still good! thanks for postin!
JinxedCobra chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Yeah, I can definetly understand that. I had to get braces, too and it was about as much fun as it was for Dean.

Very well thought out and an enjoyment to read. Don't worry, Dean, its only two years.
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
I loved this and at the beginning I am like what the Hell has him so scared and then when he comes out with the truth I nearly cracked from laughing.

Awesome story and it was a fantastic piece of writing.