Reviews for From a Whisper to a Scream
DorianGray91 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
So good! Your style is naturally engaging, vivid, very coherent. With another few drafts I could see myself reading this in an actual book, if there was such a thing as published Batman fanfiction.
Spar Izawesome chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Oh wow. That was probably the creepiest thing I had ever read. I LOVE IT! That has to be my favorite story of yours so far.
Zeny chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Nice! Yes you will have to bring your mask next time
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
ohhhhh, i like this :)
That70schick09 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Oh damn, that was awsome! Really well written and very in character. Loved it!
LeChapelierFou chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I know that my opinion doesen't count a lot but,that was amazing!And you're amazing as a writer I loved the way you interpreted the ways of thinking of Jonathan *v*

I'd really like to translate this language in my naive language (italian),but only if you consent and obviusly saing that all the rights of this fanfiction are yours and also give the link of the fanfiction at whose who are interested

if you don't wont to just say so and i will not bother you enymore.

(sorry for my bad english)

peace,love & pizza

LeChapelierFou
lolololabilly chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I really like how you narrated this story from a third-person focused perspective. It allowed you to write as an outside viewer watching the scenario, but mainly focused on Crane & his reactions to his surroundings & the events happening. I like the gradual progression from his boredom, to his anticipation, to his almost stoic scientific observation of Patient #5672 & then to his excitement over the patient's reactions to the serum.

I feel like this story is a fantastic piece portraying Crane's "beginning" (if you will) & that it could most certainly be canon.
Jackie Ryan chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
So, I don't really know you, apart from reading two of your stories and peaking at your tumblr, but I'm kind of in love with you. Not as much as Cillian Murphey, of course, but ya know...

I thought the story was great, I loved having an inside look at life before the movie. You're a good writer with a nice imagination, and I'll definitly read more of your stories later.

I'm gonna stop creeping on you now :), have a good day.
rowellylovesgryffindor chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
This is really good, I hope you keep writing
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This was a wonderful Crane one-shot.

You presented his cold, sadistic nature so very well. To him, people are like objects. The patient he used for his experiment - patient #5672 - is never mentioned by name. He does not care who they are. They are just numbers, objects, a means for him to perfect his serum of fear. He is so cruel and cold and heartless, and you did a great job at outlining his character like that.

I like the idea of three stages of creating deadly fear, as Crane used three syringes. That was great. I loved all reactions. First, absolute fear and screaming, then even more violent screaming, and finally silence, the result of being consumed by fear. That was fantastic. Totally scary, just as it should be.

I liked the bit where you said that Crane wouldn't do it(inject the patient with the third syringe), but Scarecrow would. That was a great bit. I like to think that during the night, when he experiments, he's always the Scarecrow.

I love Crane's reaction to the patient's death. No regrets, but triumph. He knows what he can do and now he'll do even more, because he can. He's killed someone with their own fear and that amazing, victorious feeling will fuel him further.

This was a truly well-written story, and a great and very accurate insight into Crane's psyche.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Loved this. Loved this, loved this, LOVED this. I'm not even sure I have words for how awesome this is (which, granted, may have something to do with me being a sleepy mess...but is probably more because I've been rendered mute by win). Your writing style is exquisite, your use of body language and show-don't-tell stunning, the vocabulary and imagery phenomenal, and Jonathan? Spot on. You kept him gloriously horrific and sadistic and your use of negatives and repetition was great and...

*Critic squees*

I actually entered this story thinking it was the first chapter of the OC fic you mentioned, which was pure carelessness and label-reading fail on my part. That said, seeing how artfully you handled the horror of Jonathan Crane-ESPECIALLY his glee at having succeeded in scaring someone to death-made me really want to see what you have in mind for that as well. On that note, you mentioned on your profile being worried about Mary Sue traits. It just so happens that there has been a lot of OC/Mary Sue related discussion on Deviant Art lately (at mistress-of-fear. / journal/ poll/ 1557347/ for Scarecrow OC specific conversation and someonecertainly. deviantart journal/ poll/ 1561245/ for Mary Sues), and a lot of what's been said has been very interesting/insightful IMO. Figured I'd link ya just in case it turns out to be useful. :-)

Back to this fic, my favorite moment was probably the patient's reaction to the third dose of toxin/his death (adored how quiet it was) and Jonathan's reaction to committing murder. Excellent job-I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future!
Artemis Queen of the Stars chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
WOW! I can't believe that you were worried about this, this is amazing! It captures the sheer coldness and pragmatism of Crane when developing his toxin. I love the use of the Scarecrow as Crane's Id, ignoring sense and reasoning and pushing the experiment just that little further. It's a chilling and insightful story and to say it is your first only makes this better. Well done on such an amazing story *added to favourites*
sasha-anna chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Awesome story! I just love the way you write! So keep on writing more stories!