Reviews for The Etrian Odyssey 3 Travelogue
KireiYume chapter 14 . 12/27/2014
I've read this fanfic ever since I was a lurker and I absolutely love it! Midori and Rook are probably my favorites this far but I love the dynamic between Alexis and Jules. Love EO fics so much and this one is done so well with all the POV's.
Twinbell101 chapter 83 . 12/21/2013
Who the fudge is Eurydice? Like...seriously?
PrinceKat chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
The character development is so good, and I love how each character is slightly different.
Although I love this story a whole bunch, and really want you to continue it, I also know that there could be viable reasons why you stopped (lost motivation, writer's block, etc), and I wish to not place pressure on you.
mooman23 chapter 100 . 11/5/2012
Man Pure, I really enjoyed this series. Hoping that you will continue it eventually. I enjoy all of your characters perspective as they go down the labyrinth. Alexis is one of my favorite characters.
Twinbell101 chapter 100 . 8/26/2012
Wow, I honestly hope that you'll be getting around to the next chapters. And I love all of the different character developments.

Please write more soon! .
Kinda101 chapter 100 . 6/13/2012
Hi! Made an account so I could say how much I love this story. I like seeing all the different perspectives, makes it different from other stories. You haven't updated in a long time, and I understand that things might be busy on your end (I don't know, I'm only just a reader, ehehe) but I wanted to at least give you a heads up that someone out there still likes reading it!
Soshiru chapter 100 . 12/11/2011
Excellent chapter, as always. When are you gonna update this story next?
Phoenix Lord chapter 6 . 5/21/2011
In regards to chapter six: Do I really need to know what happened? Look on the bright side, Jules. In New Game, you'd be looting them faster than you can say those three words again.
BakaGrappler chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This is...interesting. It's a nice experiment in writing styles, but it's already been done before. In a play called Love Letters or something close, where the entire show is two people reading their love correspondence over the course of decades even as they marry other people and have completely different lives.

In other words, it's like reading another person's mail without context for who is doing what. I can't get a sense of the characters and I cannot visualize them either, and a good author is one that causes you to see the actions that you are reading. If you cannot imagine who someone is, how are you suppose to care for them? How are you suppose to put some emotional investment into their well being and success?

Also, most of the people had a bit too much of a similar vocabulary and style of writing so the characters ended up blurring together quite a bit.

And also, this is a very dangerous writing style to use. There is "first person" perspective story telling, like the protagonist in Native Son, where everything is described through his eyes to overcome cultural and regional differences.

There is "third person" perspective, like the Aubrey/Maturnen series of books that hops from one character to another as required to accurately depict all the character's thoughts and actions in a scene so the reader gets a complete idea of what is happening.

...This is a "no person" perspective story, where we have no place, character, or time frame in which to experience the story. I have no idea how I am suppose to overcome that as a reader. I give you kudos for bravery and follow through, as well as imagination. I just can't see your positive parts inside this writing style.
JC chapter 85 . 4/16/2011
This is a nice story,but I like to see a Update on Morality chain,Pureauthor.
WithLove chapter 72 . 2/24/2011
Hello, Pureauthor, I happened upon this story just yesterday and I simply had to tell you that I really enjoyed reading your work. Normally I stray from stories that are formatted in any manner aside what one is likely to see from a typical research paper. In all honesty, you simply have the amazing capacity to flesh-out your characters despite the short spans that you allow yourself to have in these journal entries. Each entry give enough history/insight into the characters to make them "alive", and are obscure enough to allow the readers the ability to imagine the actions as they will.

The only fault I can find are the short chapters, but given the nature of you stories structure, it must be done.

Beyond that, I find your story excellent for three main reasons: 1. Characterization (as stated previously) 2. Staying true to - and manipulating - the original game effectively (plots are within the spirit of the game, while not going verbatim with quest/mission results and dialogue) 3. Proper use of English (Which is crucial to a story).

I look forward to the next chapter, and the (hopefully) many more to come.

With Love,

With_Love
anna142 chapter 61 . 1/29/2011
Oh no! Poor kitty, I hope they find it.
Dmitri Clements chapter 10 . 1/16/2011
Pureauthor, I have to say, this is one of the best etrian odyssey fanfics I've ever read. I've read through the first 10 chapters already, and while I haven't actually played EO3 yet (i HAVE played the first EO and I love it! started a new file recently, and want to buy the next two), this fantastic story gives me a great feel for what the game will be like. all of the characters have a lot of... well, character, and you can tell almost right off the bat that most, if not all, of these characters will grow and develop, or "flesh out," as the story progresses; that's a key component of any story.

I also think that making the entire story play out solely within the journals and diaries of the characters was a very nice touch. I don't see that very often, so it's definitely a breath of fresh air.

I am planning on righting an EO fanfiction of my own someday, and I wonder if you, like me, are creating a story using characters you actually played as in the game?

Anyways, this is a story that I look forward to reading more of. Seeing that there is a total of 57 chapters (at the time of this review; here's hoping there's more to come!) definitely gives me a lot to look forward to.

On a side note, I've seen that you have written fanfics about other games that are favorites of mine, such as megaman starforce and fire emblem: sacred stones. I look forward to reading those too, but I digress. Keep up the great work!
Anna241 chapter 6 . 1/11/2011
Three words and I actually started laughing -out loud.

"Fucking green birds" summaries floor 2 quite nicely.
mister Uknown chapter 54 . 1/9/2011
Can I just say that you should be working for Atlus on Etrian Odyssey for the 3DS? Because if I didn't just say it before, now I'm saying it here, and you should be.

(change finds its way to all games)

In light of where I /think/ you're going with this, may I make a suggestion for a Yggdroid?

Unit Prometheus

Yggdroid (former human male)

Age: 120 years old

Hit: Engineering

Miss: Socialization

"[Construct] Yggdrasil is prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure survival. In contrast, this [Unit] will do what it takes to terminate the [Enemy]"

A (former?) native of Armoroad and the Deep City, Prometheus can now only remember one event from the years surrounding the Calamity: "This [Unit] can no longer determine the amount of [Time] over which the [Enemy] was engaging our forces around [Construct] Yggdrasil. Only that it seemed to approximate the value of [Infinity]."

With many memories of his former life gone, Prometheus had been given considerably higher processing power, which he used in unauthorized operations to analyze the ongoing conflict between the Deep Ones and the Deep City. Its (admittedly biased) conclusion was that Yggdrasil was not prepared to risk itself in any single way, even if it meant doing what was necessary to win the war. Unable to justify this choice in light of the costs to the people and [Units] of the Deep City, Prometheus went rogue about a year ago, entering the Fourth and Fifth Stratum to gather all the information it could in hopes of passing it on to someone who would use the knowledge to end the conflict for good and for always.

Its conclusion was that Clan Paragon was its best hope, especially when it learned that its operating lifespan was being cut short by Yggdrasil withdrawing power from the body.

(I hope this helps a bit.)

Keep it up!