Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 4
Deans Darling chapter 25 . 5/2/2012
Ok, Wow! I've read the series and I have to say that I almost like your version better. I am on pins and needles waiting for year 5. Excellent job. I'm a fan.
Kaeso Corvinus chapter 26 . 4/2/2012
Well, another year done, bit upset that this time there isn't another year to start.

Harry's been balancing the Sirius and Remus worldview with what he picked up from his friends by trying to diffuse fights and not talk about it when it comes up, I can see where this is going.

Padma is an interesting choice, but understandable as Harry doesn't want to go out with anyone in his close circle to ruin the friendship, and it's obvious Padma is the bridge girlfriend like Cho was, except with a better relation because AU Harry is not as socially awkward. Although his friendship with Blaise is being ruined, having gone from one of his closest friends in their group who helped guide him into the wizarding world to never talking, and Harry seems okay with it as long as he thinks Blaise still has a crush on him despite not going out with her to save their friendship. I figured Harry would try and talk it over again, but hey, he's young and still the same foundation as his canon-character, so maybe he thinks the one time is enough

Still, it's not "very Slytherin" of Blaise to pretty much just mope and tell Harry "you'll see we're meant to be together" (as a fan of the pairing that felt like a death blow to the relationship). I'd assume she'd do more of what Ginny did in canon-act friendly, get own boyfriend, wait-would be more of what she'd do. That said, I've made no qualms about my dislike of Ginny in my reviews of the other years, but I'd prefer the Ginny path done by the Blaise of earlier year to what I've seen some reviewer mention-manipulated by Voldemort, resort to love potion-that would serve like a Cho/Marietta bomb to end the friendship. Of course, the Zabinis seem to be on a blacklist, I wonder how Harry's and Elan's friendship will be affected as more time from his rescue goes on and I'd assume he'll miss Blaise's company (maybe he and Blaise find a way to act like friends again and he runs into the blocks Elan and Co. put on the Zabinis?), or even if Elan will stay on the good side (willingly or not) has been something crossing my mind since Elan went to Durmstrang (yay stereotypes _).

Not that I think Blaise and Harry should go through 95% happy times, the end of their relationship yielding to friendship in a month or two, but I am surprised that she was basically on the sidelines for the entire year. Of course, Harry and Jenna are still unresolved as well, as I assume it will be eventually as well as the Blaise situation. If I had to pick I'd say even with Blaise acting as she did this year, I still like her more on the whole. I could see Laine playing the Romilda Vane role (and of course Harry will be warned by Ginny, and they will interact, and it will drive me crazy, lol).

And that leads into year 5 speculation, because Kreacher is acting like a good elf and the ministry is on Harry's side thanks to his connections (It's Good To Be In Slytherin, lol, that was a nice chapter title a bit back) and because of that it'll be open war mode. And if Voldemort tries to lure in Harry, rather than a Gryffindor charge en masse, they'll be like "no, that seems dumb and risky, let's think this out." Of course, I assume an epic confrontation will be brought about somehow, maybe even falling for the original because of Sirius' "stupid Gryffindor" factor, not to mention loyal Death Eaters will have a way to get at him through his friends, and how strained those friendships will be should be interesting to see.

Voldemort in Pettigrew's body...surprised he's kept it and didn't do the ritual anyway. Also, the loyal servant at Hogwarts was not unmasked, which is interesting, I'd assume it's Moody again since he was late to the feast just like in canon because of the ambush. That's not good for Snape because Moody will undoubtedly be inner circle once again and could tell when Snape isn't telling Voldemort the whole truth. And maybe Moody lures Harry to the Department of Mysteries? Will Sirius even die is a worthy question in this storyline. Ugh, I can't wait to read year 5.

As usual, incredible work that's been able to keep me guessing. Also, I'm glad that you're sticking with it, a lot of long works like these fall by the wayside. I assume that it's because (smartly) you're writing towards a destination, not just thinking it up as you go along. Well, just like when I read the canon, I have my preference of how it will end up, but I'm sure it will be great, it's really amazing how you've been able to mirror the feel of the books.
aggressivelycalm chapter 10 . 3/23/2012
good chapter, you are SUCH an AMAZING writer!

but i have two little annotations to make:

1. where did you get the german from? because I speak it perfectly and i must say the phrase "Meine Freunde, warum setzen wir uns nicht bei uns zu Tisch und genie├čen unser Mahl zusammen?" doesnt exactly make sense. what did you mean to say?

also, at the end of the chapter krum says "Gutennacht" but it's actually "Gute Nacht"

2. Padma? are you sure? i cant stand her :S
Separ chapter 26 . 3/16/2012
Great story, I love it!

Only wondering what happened to Mad-Eye - or Crouch Jr. ...

And is he going to make his Slytherin title official?

Hope he'll gets a nice snake for the next installment ;-)
V. L. Crawford chapter 11 . 2/28/2012
This is different but I like it so far.
jayley chapter 26 . 2/21/2012
just spent a lot of my time that probably should have gone towards studying reading your stories:) really enjoyed them, i especially liked how they all seemed to act their age, bc looking back 11 is still really young, and how nothing was really too far a stretch of the imagination. harry was a good guy, who under pressure from his friends wasn't always as riteous as in cannon. malfoy was pompous and at the same time harry mellowed him out the opposite way, and then of course ron, who without harry i can actually see going that way. and it wasn't even bashing! i was pretty unhappy at how you killed off hermione, but i guess you can't have everything. excited to start reading year 5 whenever you post
Aika Yuuki Uchiha chapter 26 . 2/7/2012
This Fic is so bloody awesome!

Read it from the first til here, n I cant wait for the fifth one.

Get it done soon!

G'd luck,

Blueteeth chapter 26 . 1/14/2012
Been reading this series almost non-stop for the past couple of days. I can't wait until you publish year 5.
L33tphara chapter 26 . 12/29/2011
Excelent story
SokkasFirstFangirl chapter 6 . 12/21/2011
Good old Veela .

Aw Quidditch, what would the HP universe be without it? Very boring most likely.
samira parsa chapter 26 . 12/17/2011
The Sirius/Remus dialogue was really cute. I literally grew cold when I read that Voldemort ordered all those people to be kissed *shivers* So does this mean year 5 will be up soon! I am so anxious to read it!
KZ55 chapter 19 . 12/17/2011
Well I'm very glad to see that this fic's not abandoned! :-) Very good! Most authors always abandon their fics at the worst possible times! I hate that! Excellent job to you! Kudos to you! Thumbs up to you!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 26 . 12/17/2011
You might want to put line-breaks between scenes in the future. Otherwise, that was great. :)

So, what I've been wondering...if you've been putting up deleted scenes essentially, does that mean that year 5 will be up soon? Please? *crosses fingers hopefully*
nobodez chapter 26 . 12/17/2011
I hope these glimpses behind the curtains are indicative of Fifthe Year being close.
KZ55 chapter 18 . 12/11/2011
I love this series! The whole Blaise/Harry dilemma is adorable! I really hope Year 5 is nearly finished or at least half done I can't wait! :-) WE NEED YEAR 5! I believe there was another slytherin!harry fic that was quite excellent called "Dark Lord Potter part 1" I think, it covered the first 2 years but too bad part 2 was never made. All the great fics are always abandoned... I hope this series (They shook hands) will still live! I wish there were more Slytherin!Harry fics (WITHOUT SLASH FOR FUCK SAKE!). These gems are too rare I tell you! Just don't bring in too many non-canon elements (like mansions (ala Potter Manor wtf!), elf guards etc,) which absolutely RUIN the fic! Stay canon FTW!
214 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »