Reviews for The Boy and the Sea Dragon
WeirdLittleStories chapter 15 . 10/22/2013
I always figure that readers and authors have a deal: We'll give you our hearts and minds to manipulate, and you'll return them in good shape. You went back on that deal. Bad author, no cookie!
thesunwillshineclear chapter 15 . 4/24/2013
My goodness. I just read that all in one sitting. All the characters were wonderfully written and, despite my love for happy endings as well, the ending was perfect and fit very well. But now I'm just itching to read the sequel! Great job here :)
Darkwood Princess chapter 12 . 2/20/2012
Oh my gosh, wow! The thought of Spock prime becoming involved in this story is awesome! I'm hooked even more now. XD
Darkwood Princess chapter 7 . 2/14/2012
This story is fascinating. I can't wait to find out what exactly the creature is!
WinterD chapter 15 . 1/26/2011
Wow, this was very good. I like the way that you captured the voices here; it made reading this very enjoyable. I'm also very glad to hear that there's more because I really want to know what's going to happen now. :)
Therabidsquirrel chapter 15 . 1/15/2011
This was a VERY interesting story, and I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed it. The ending was unexpected, if only because most stories all either end in a happy ending or in a death that they warned readers early on was coming. Congratulations on breaking the mold and giving me a really good story to read.

I really like how you did this. Very nice. I'm impressed.
bookdragon01 chapter 15 . 1/6/2011
I got two chapters into The Man and the Memory and realized I absolutely had to read this first. I'm so glad I did. It's amazing. Really outstanding writing.
IconofSelfIndulgence chapter 15 . 12/23/2010
This story... are there words to describe my feelings currently? No. None at all. I am awed. I would have reviewed all the chapters had I not been incredibly eager to read what was going to happen next. You are very good at keeping the interest of the reader.

The ending. Gah. I am hoping that you write a sequel. No, scratch that, I implore you to write a sequel. The ending is both satisfying and not at the same time. So many questions come to mind. Even though I am a fan of "open" endings, I would very much like to see how you would go about with a whole rescue of Jim, or the survival of Bones, for that matter.

Thank you for writing such a great piece of literature.

Cheers,

Icon.
Mel chapter 15 . 12/10/2010
Great story!
Kiki-Bunny chapter 15 . 12/9/2010
Despite my previous review, I did like the ending. It was very realistic, and hearbreaking in the same way.

But don't let me dissuade you from writing a sequel if you ever have the motivation. ;)
ShamelessSpocker chapter 15 . 12/9/2010
KLMeri, we love you. We love your writing. And whatever you felt was necessary we understand. It's an awesome story and if someday there's a sequel I'll be thrilled. Thanks for the parting note.
ackeberlynn chapter 15 . 12/9/2010
I should be happier about the ending, but it was original. Reading stories where the heroes always win at the last second gets old after awhile.

Honestly, my first thought after reading the ending was that Jim Kirk from Star Trek 2009 had morphed into Captain Kirk from TOS. I don't even know if that makes sense, and it's weird, I know, but that's what I pictured in my head (and it still had the same effect - that twinge of sadness, lol).

At any rate - don't ever apologize for being original and writing stories that have unexpected endings.

And a sequel would be cool. :)
passionfornight chapter 14 . 12/9/2010
Loved this story. But the ending definitely made me growl. There must be a sequel. No way that Bones and Spock would not notice that something is up with Jim. At the very least he would need to explain his actions of removing the Enterprise from orbit. Can't wait to here more from you.
Rai Science chapter 14 . 12/7/2010
Oh my god.

I did not need this mindfuck after the master that is Higurashi. Please, please, please write a sequel. I want to know what happens, and if they figure it out, and if Jim is still alive, and all that.

Please?
MsChleom chapter 14 . 12/7/2010
You are kidding me ? You have killed Jim for this thing ! And it even don't act like Jim.

That's so sad and many ohter things i can't describe ! T_T