Reviews for Of Airplanes and Stargazing
amysaurus567 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
this was real good (:

glad i stopped by to read it!
ellesbelles2009 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
aww... sweet
TML9115 chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Loved what you did with the promt... great story... i have 16 kit kat bars in my fridge right now... oh so good...
Graveygraves chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Interesting idea
suallenparker chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Hi there!

Thank you for sharing the story with the rest of us. I had a great time reading it. It was fun, it was sweet and it had everything a good story needed so good work! D

"Hotch, we just crashed into a ditch and I hit my head. Give me a minute to take stock of the rest of my body, okay?" - This made me smile. I could really picture Emily saying that. -

It was sweet of Hotch to help Emily out of the car and I found it just adorable how much he cared for her during their time alone. Eventough I'm not sure, if Hotch would show that he cared in such an open manner, it was nice to see him like that.

"I'm not planning to. But why don't we sit down until your head doesn't feel like a rollercoaster on state fair anymore? Come on."- Also a funny line. I am biased about that one. For once, I can't really see Hotch saying that but on the other hand, I'm glad he finally got a funny line too. xD

There was just one little thing that sometimes threw me off of the story and that was the often used "wanna" instead of "want to". Opinions might differ on that, but as much as I think shortenings like that in dialogue can make the speech feel more vivid, but everywhere else it can quickly feel over-used and like sloppy prose to me.

To leave this review with a high note: I really loved this part:

"Before or after it's too late?"

Hotch wasn't surprised by her blunt question. Emily never sugarcoated anything and they both knew the odds of finding the teenagers alive.

"I don't know," he admitted.

- It's so them! Very in character. Well done!

I also liked that the end wasn't cheesy. Also the whole story was well written and extra-props for using "your" and "You're" correctly. xD

Unfortunately, most writers still get it wrong… o_O

Keep up the good work and greetings from Germany!
MindyLee chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
This was a great oneshot! I've always thought of JJ as Hotch's voice of reason, but you made it believable with Emily, too.

Angie
heatqueen chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Cookie please? XD airplanes is my favourite song ever! Seriously though, well written. It was a great read.

~heatqueen
starofoberon chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Definitely sweet! I liked the definition of a child at home as endorphins and comfort food!
EmaWritesFanfics chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Yay! I recognised the song :) Good story, thanks for sharing :P
Dani347 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
It's so rare to see a Hotch and Prentiss that's not ship. And very welcoming to someone who reads exclusively gen fics. I thought the interaction and conversation was very nice and real. I could imagine the two of them having a talk like this on the show.