Reviews for Don't Let Go
Chopper147 chapter 2 . 1/25/2013
You, sir/maam, have talent! Keep doing what you're doing and don't ever think that you're a bad writer.
pinkperson chapter 2 . 1/9/2013
Wonderful story. Revy was so well-characterized and her development was believable.
Whitakker chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
*slow clap*

Bra-vo, good sir. I knew jm1681 and Draco38 wouldn't steer me wrong in recommendations, and they were right. You managed to, like a previous reviewer mentioned, marry two things that would never be caught dead seen in the same sentence: WAFF and Black Lagoon. And what a glorious union it is. When a fic can make me cease simply reading words on the screen and instead play out a scene in my mind with such clarity and focus as you have done, I must stand and applaud. Emotion simply jumps out at you from this story and half-throttles you with its intensity, particularly Revy's breakdown.

I can count on one hand the number of Grade AAA BL fics in this archive. This is one of them.
ares chapter 2 . 11/13/2012
absolutely beautiful story, bravo. the only issues i saw were a few strange wordings and sentance structure, as well as overuse of descriptive words, making some lines seem more like a list; ex. "She might still live in a world of death and darkness and blood", 2 is enough ex."she might still live in a world full of blood and death", more than that starts to disrupt the flow of the story, and if you really feel the need for the extra description then use commas, it's better grammar. also make sure your words differ from each other when you use them, for example, blood death and darkness can be summed up as relatively the same thing when describing something, making it redundant to use all 3 in a sentance to describe a single thing. this is just 1 small example but i hope you can take something away from it. not to seem nitpicky but great writing is more than a good plot and well written characters, every word has to flow with the rest of the story, and every line can have a well chosen set of words and sentance structive to make the world come to life in the mind of the reader, you just have to put in the extra time to find out what sounds best. good luck with your writing.
warpy chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
I stumbled across this gem by means of the TvTropes Fanfic recommendation page - and after surrendering a whole evening and watching it disappear, boy, was I glad that I did. And, as an added bonus, not only did I find a good story within, I also found that its author was still alive and accepting reviews.

I'll admit that I was a bit wary at first for this fic being labeled as WAFF where I found it. Something just tells me that Black Lagoon and that particular genre are not readily apt to mix unless given the right ingredients. Then I reminded myself that good hurt-comfort /can/ be done. You have clearly done it. Most of Revy and Rock's actions and reactions to each other are things I can totally imagine happening. When anything becomes too sappy or cliche'd, someone is always there to remind us that while some things in life are indeed cheesy, they are nevertheless true. And that some simple things, no matter how messed up people may be, are so abstract and unimaginable to those who've never felt them that in the end, they can only accept them because there's no way they'd ever fathom how wonderful those things are.

In simpler terms, this is good shit. Far better than anything you'd generally come to expect from the shithole city that is Roanapur - ahem, this site. The descriptive (but not too bogged-down) style of your writing is quite something - and the tone itself is the exact flavor of what Revy's thought process would be like. Seeing both characters' dynamic relationship dissected and picked apart at the seams was a pleasure to read and experience, and it definitely shines through what one is used to expecting when coming here. Having gotten here through a recommendation I should've known it'd be good - and whoever put up the link that sent me here, I thank him greatly.

The only thing I still have a shadow of feeling iffy for is Revy's self-pity in the second chapter. Nothing too overboard, really, would slip past most eyes as a small deal...but I'd felt it as a /little/ bit over the edge. She's rarely expressed that in the series (if I recall correctly - it's been a while since I had any form of Black Lagoon) and even if she did, it wouldn't be something we could readily grasp - it would've been all in her head, and heavily subdued at that...because, well, she's Revy. What we see here was because she'd been triggered by Rock, and her wondering "why the hell does he 'love' /me/" could've been accepted earlier on because she /knows/ that she's a messed-up fuck and both her and Rock take that fact in stride. But like I said, this could be me misremembering some character traits...or tragically missing the point that's being made.

Thank you for writing this story, and I hope this review finds you well. I consider this an evening well spent.
Ryan2212 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Hey I loved this story. I didn't think anyone watched this anime except me and my wife. I also think your bleach story is great as well. You're a good story teller, please continue to write.
TenchiSaWaDa chapter 2 . 9/14/2012
CrimsonZedd chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I am a HUGE fan of Black Lagoon, and the dynamic between Rock and Revy. This chapter was an excellent read, because it fits how I kind of see the two of them. The whole spur of the moment, and Revy not knowing what she's feeling just fits.

This piece alone has piqued mu interest, and I plan to look over some of your other works. Keep up the excellent work!
Sage of Eyes chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Good stuff
Daniel Mannouch chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
That was beautiful. I was near in tears. Well done and thank you for giving these characters such humanity
Nitro chapter 2 . 4/11/2012
Congrats. You've made one of the best BL fics on this site! You dig into the psyche of the characters and make a really authentic piece. As expected from an Eva writer. I love it. Only thing is you kind of belabor your point, and repeat yourself a bit. But it's great to see good introspection in Black Lagoon. Good job.
Xiaoqing chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
yummy. i love it. thank you for making the 2nd chapter
stuntbutt chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
two words. write more. some more words. this was brillant, i loved this.
AwesomeOliver chapter 2 . 8/24/2011
Very brilliant and very enjoyable fic you wrote here! You know your Black Lagoon characters quite well and I find your deep down decent into Revy's mind to be quite excellently written. You got Rock down perfectly as well, which makes me very happy! I would love to see more BL stories from you (preferably long ones) because I'm sure I would fave them just like I did with this one :)
Yokillayo chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
Well never mind about my previous opinion lol :D guess we both had that in mind, good work, good ending, great story.
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »