Reviews for Don't Let Go
TitanNegro chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Damn that was some drama...I LOVE IT
sharky13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Really enjoyed it, Great story :) only thing is i thought you could have gone slightly further with it, instead of having it as a one off, but that could just be me :) love a happy ending!
DarkMGN chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
great story man enjoyed reading it alot!
carcrafter7 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This was such a well written story. You nailed both Rock and Revy and I loved the moment when Rock said he would never let go of Revy.
Kenju chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Just wanted to start this off with what has become my second favorite quote of all time in fanfiction:

She drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney, and swore like a sailor.

I fell out of my chair at that one dude, how did you come up with that?

Now onto the real deal. First I have to admit that my knowldge of Black Lagoon is painfully lacking, one chapter that appeared in S-Jump and two episodes I caught while on vacation is the entire basis I have to draw on. Fortunatly, take a wild guess at what chapter and which two episodes it was that I saw? Weird how things can turn out like that huh?

Anyways, Rock seems to me like Shinji in many ways, how he might have turned out had things been a bit better for him and he was older. A less violent Spike Spegal perhaps. He has this...armor to him, it lets him literally swim in the sludge and filth of the world but not let it infect him. He's changed over the course of the series but it was never due to outside influence, it has always been by his own choice. Thats what make shim Revy's counter. His entire life and existance is the result of his own choice in reaction to circumstances starting with him being kiddnapped.

Revy on the other hand is the result of forced evolution, changing in order to survive. In many ways she is like a small child, entire portions of her development simply nonexistant because she had nothing to use as a model, or she was forced to give them up or miss out on them in order to survive.

Thats why his words hit her so hard. Not only does he know this, but he actually has the moral highground. When a person knows the truth is one thing, they can say it but it wont effect you all that much. But when the person knows the truth AND has the right to call you out its effect is much greater.

You showed that perfictly in this piece. He is somewhat afriad of her, but he stands his ground. Aided by the fact she really cant call him out on anything, that he has done nothing wrong, means if she does anything to him, no matter what, its her fault. Her own thinking process cant accept this because of her background, it HAS to be the other persons fault for her to do anything to them. Either they were in her way, at the wrong place, etc, it doesnt matter. But since in this case its not and never is his fault it slips past her defenses.

I think my favorite part was how you painted her as 'a shadow of a woman'. She is a person, fully developed and functional as far as mental and physical concerns, but emotionally she's very much lacking. Simple things to most people are frightening and confusing for her. She only knows how to react, and thats exactly what she did here, she reacted on what she felt because it was the only way she could think of to express it. Though actions do indeed speak louder than words, that was taken to up 11 here me thinks lol.

It would be interesting to see a follow up on this, something akin to Letters in a sense, Revy trying to understand more about herself and whats going through her mind. You've left too much here to simply leave it at this. Besides, I seem to recall Revy hating to be indebt to someone, which she sort of now is to Rock.

The only thing that took away from this was that it seemed to run-on at a point, between the 3/4 mark and the conclusion. It was just a tiny bit long for a oneshot. Still, awsome fic dude. Even with my limited knowldge of the series, I give this thing a solid nine out of ten. When you take out the series itself and leave this as a piece of literature, everything was perfect, no grammer or spelling mistakes, great structure, and you used enough detial that someone unfamilar with the series would still understand everything going on and what lead up to this.

Keep up the good work dude, I look foward to reading your next fic!

Till then, Ja Ne!
Random Reader chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Brilliant.
Elphaba chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Great story! I loved the way you portraited Revy. Well done!
kriitikko chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Well well, my favorite Evangelion author wrote Black Lagoon one-shot. And a brilliant one also.
JustMikeG22 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
I have to admit, that story kicked ass! I love that Rock and Revy can only depend on each other. I hope you do a sequel where Revy finally figures it out and says the words to him. That would be awesome!
Kiba1500 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Wow that's the one word I have to some this up. I thought u captured the characters perfectly. It was a well written piece of work. Keep it up.
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6