Reviews for Don't Let Go
Draco38 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I loved this. Please try for a second chapter! Maybe starting with Rock getting back to his room?
Kiba1500 chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
This story was great. Please make a second chapter.
Darkmessiah24 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Fantastic!
The Alternative Source chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This was very well written. Very accurate character protrayal of Revy and Rock. There are honestly no words to describe how beautiful this is. It's like a tough love story with a twist. There is no straight forward admittance from Revy about her love but you can definetly tell that she loves him. I never favorite stories at all. It rarely happens and only a select have been added in the last couple years I've been on this site. But you are making this list! Lovely piece!
Miguel chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Part 2 please
Fallen Salvation chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Epic. Truly awesome and i enjoyed it very much. I'll be poking around here for some more of your work.

Again awesome one-shot fan fic D
cyber viper42 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Amazing story! very true to their characters.
Ramen Time chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
HOLY FUCK. i have never read a fic

with so much raw passion than this

one. yer writing style was spot on

perfect. no oocness whatsoever. i

can totally fuckin picture this shit

happening. all i can say is hot damn.

you by far are THEE best author ive

ever stumbled upon. and ive been

reading on here for a long ass time.

you bet yer sweet ass ima fave this

shit.
0FoX0 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Fucking Beautifull man, In my opinion, One of the best fics about this two in the whole Black Lagoon section. Keep up with this, its really worth it. See ya
TitanNegro chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Damn that was some drama...I LOVE IT
sharky13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Really enjoyed it, Great story :) only thing is i thought you could have gone slightly further with it, instead of having it as a one off, but that could just be me :) love a happy ending!
DarkMGN chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
great story man enjoyed reading it alot!
carcrafter7 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This was such a well written story. You nailed both Rock and Revy and I loved the moment when Rock said he would never let go of Revy.
Kenju chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Just wanted to start this off with what has become my second favorite quote of all time in fanfiction:

She drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney, and swore like a sailor.

I fell out of my chair at that one dude, how did you come up with that?

Now onto the real deal. First I have to admit that my knowldge of Black Lagoon is painfully lacking, one chapter that appeared in S-Jump and two episodes I caught while on vacation is the entire basis I have to draw on. Fortunatly, take a wild guess at what chapter and which two episodes it was that I saw? Weird how things can turn out like that huh?

Anyways, Rock seems to me like Shinji in many ways, how he might have turned out had things been a bit better for him and he was older. A less violent Spike Spegal perhaps. He has this...armor to him, it lets him literally swim in the sludge and filth of the world but not let it infect him. He's changed over the course of the series but it was never due to outside influence, it has always been by his own choice. Thats what make shim Revy's counter. His entire life and existance is the result of his own choice in reaction to circumstances starting with him being kiddnapped.

Revy on the other hand is the result of forced evolution, changing in order to survive. In many ways she is like a small child, entire portions of her development simply nonexistant because she had nothing to use as a model, or she was forced to give them up or miss out on them in order to survive.

Thats why his words hit her so hard. Not only does he know this, but he actually has the moral highground. When a person knows the truth is one thing, they can say it but it wont effect you all that much. But when the person knows the truth AND has the right to call you out its effect is much greater.

You showed that perfictly in this piece. He is somewhat afriad of her, but he stands his ground. Aided by the fact she really cant call him out on anything, that he has done nothing wrong, means if she does anything to him, no matter what, its her fault. Her own thinking process cant accept this because of her background, it HAS to be the other persons fault for her to do anything to them. Either they were in her way, at the wrong place, etc, it doesnt matter. But since in this case its not and never is his fault it slips past her defenses.

I think my favorite part was how you painted her as 'a shadow of a woman'. She is a person, fully developed and functional as far as mental and physical concerns, but emotionally she's very much lacking. Simple things to most people are frightening and confusing for her. She only knows how to react, and thats exactly what she did here, she reacted on what she felt because it was the only way she could think of to express it. Though actions do indeed speak louder than words, that was taken to up 11 here me thinks lol.

It would be interesting to see a follow up on this, something akin to Letters in a sense, Revy trying to understand more about herself and whats going through her mind. You've left too much here to simply leave it at this. Besides, I seem to recall Revy hating to be indebt to someone, which she sort of now is to Rock.

The only thing that took away from this was that it seemed to run-on at a point, between the 3/4 mark and the conclusion. It was just a tiny bit long for a oneshot. Still, awsome fic dude. Even with my limited knowldge of the series, I give this thing a solid nine out of ten. When you take out the series itself and leave this as a piece of literature, everything was perfect, no grammer or spelling mistakes, great structure, and you used enough detial that someone unfamilar with the series would still understand everything going on and what lead up to this.

Keep up the good work dude, I look foward to reading your next fic!

Till then, Ja Ne!