Reviews for The Steadfast Tin Soldier
JustFishy chapter 3 . 1/28/2014
Oh I very much like the last paragraph - or stanza - or what ever you call the bit between the bullets.
JustFishy chapter 2 . 1/28/2014
Alastor's contrasts between what he thinks is 'right' and what he thinks is 'wrong' are well written, and so very endearing. I love how they both can be so open and warm to each other - far more than I'd expect of the two of them.
JustFishy chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
The last two lines of this chapter are absolutely brilliant. Just Brilliant!

There is so much to this chapter that I love - mainly how you show us, not tell us, how tortured both Minerva and Alastor are from their experiences, Alastor the more, for obvious reasons. The way you describe self-loathing and the reasons for it are spot-on ... guilt, shame and the inability to forgive one's self are powerful and can easily be seen in your work here.

I also love the bit of humor to keep us from falling into a pit of dark despair ... especially the bit about Alastor shooting a hole in the wall.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/26/2012
Lovely end to this stories! I always like them.

Alastor (and Minerva) deserve this homecoming more than I can say.
ScullySayer chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
Absolutely brilliant. So well-written and you displayed so much fantastic insight into what might have been the pathos of the two characters after that fateful year. I never really thought about the effects on Moody of his so-called "incarceration", but you really handled it brilliantly, and the unfolding of their relationship seemed very IC. Thanks for sharing, a great story!
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/21/2012
He's coming along about as well as the PTSD-ridden can expect.

And Minerva's commands gave him the freedom to feel what he really wanted to, knowing that she would stop him if she didn't like what he did.

Seeing Barty Jr. Kissed out of his mind and soul also freed him; it helped him, I expect, to really know that he was never going back into that box, and that Barty boy was trapped in one.

Love the ending.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
Definitely, he was acting odd. Well, odder than the norm for Alastor.

-Actually, he's perfectly normal for someone who's been tortured, starved, dehydrated, and left in the dark alone for months. So much can be done so quickly with magic, that few people ever learned how to deal with problems that it can't help.

But even though Alastor backs out at the last possible moment, he and Minerva still made it that far. One hopes for more progress, but there really is no need to rush.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

-Well, there are lots of things she should have known in canon, too (list too long to enumerate here).

But she didn't. And even knowing, she didn't go to him when she knew he so desperately needed the real her.
abacab chapter 4 . 11/21/2011
Awww..
Dicere chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
... Completely... happy... sigh.

This was brilliant. Tender, emotional, beautiful. And erotic.

It'll never get the reviews that a more popular ship does, but the quality of your writing, and your understanding and the development of these characters, is superb. I'm adding this story to my favorites, and plan to reread in a few weeks, when I've gone just a little hazy on the details, so I can enjoy it all over again.
Nemo-me-iudicabit chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I really enjoyed reading this one! Before reading it I used to think it is a rather "odd" pairing. But now I begin to like it...very nice!
The Winterwitch chapter 4 . 11/28/2010
Yay, a sequel of sorts! Thank you very much, that was very satisfying and nice to read! :o)
Kelly Chambliss chapter 4 . 11/28/2010
Yes! A sequel! Eminently satisfying - for me as well as for them, albeit in different ways, you understand /g/. The themes of looking and seeing and trusting are very well done. I like the fact that they are still sparring; it will be a relationship of love and snark, just as it should be. And the last lines couldn't be better.
MyMadness chapter 4 . 11/28/2010
This part...

"Alastor, when we make love," Minerva deliberately stressed the plural. "I don't want you feeling naked as I anticipate that you will be naked. We will both be absolutely, positively starkers. And after we make love until we're absolutely exhausted, only then will we close our eyes as we will both need to sleep."

... was just absolutely wonderful. But then, you are a talented girl.

This was a lovely topper to what I thought was a great production.
MyMadness chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Not an easy topic, but very well met. I love the travel through the layers of the trunks bit, and so many other little parts that are just so well crafted. Brava.