Reviews for Let Me Help You
TBGWNMHGB chapter 1 . 9/14/2017
I know that this fic has been finished for a year now, and I've only read the first chapter thus far, but this is one of the most interesting AUs I've seen in awhile. It's kind of hard to find decent ones with a lot of potential...
Spacensky chapter 22 . 9/10/2017
I stumbled across this fic hoping to find a quick read and move on. I had never been so unexpectedly hit with the sheer masterpiece that was this story. You tackled the subject of zim's insecurities and fake mission in a way I've never seen before, and I was captivated the whole way through. Yes, sometimes your writing became clunky in certain spots, but that's the only criticism I have for this. This story was character drivin, something the show and comic excel at, and this important detail allowed the characters to sound natural and in character. And the shift in moods were smooth and believable, I legitimately cried when zim was betrayed and was about to press the button a chapter later. I have never seen an AU story of Invader Zim like this, and I highly doubt I ever will again. This is seriously my favorite IZ fic of all time ️
NopeDon'tFollow chapter 22 . 8/30/2017
I loved this! LOVED THIS WAY MORE THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD! AH, SO BEAUTIFUL! THANKS FOR THE ENJOYMENT I GOT OUT OF THIS!
anon chapter 22 . 8/24/2017
Your story is very interesting. There's so much difference between the dynamic between Zim and Dib by making one mature. I liked the insight on Zim's psychology and I don't know, I can't ever help but see the cute little bastard as anything other than a little boy. Gaz was too nice but I liked her, and I can excuse the "Too nice" for maturity. The ending was heart-warming and the hilarious cliff-hanger. Dun...dun...dun!
Zela Night chapter 22 . 5/9/2017
This was really good.
Zim is going to be horrible to deal with .
Dib has created a monster!
Dawn Totadile chapter 22 . 3/15/2017
dude, we need a sequel with Tak please! and not to mention how Zim does, I know you said you ain't gonna but I'm still gonna be annoying and ask just as my way ta show how much I liked your work :D
PixelizedGenocide chapter 22 . 10/17/2016
-BANSHEE SCREECH- LOVED IT
PixelizedGenocide chapter 20 . 10/17/2016
Okay, I haven't read the chapter yet but the title is making me nervous ** I'll hit enter after reading.

I TOLD MYSELF I'D TAKE A BREAK AFTER THIS CHAPTER. I LIED. FUCK. NEED TO KEEP READING
Cjellion chapter 21 . 10/11/2016
its so good i had to re read it aHHHH
Silverwinds1313 chapter 22 . 6/28/2016
Oh my gosh! I'm so happy I could be here for this moment! I honestly think this is the first time I've seen an abandoned fic actually be finished. To think... If I had gotten into this fandom even a year ago I never would have known the end! That's super amazing to me.

When I first started this fic I wasn't sure I'd be a big fan, especially when I skimmed the author's notes and it said you hadn't really come up with a plot yet, but I stuck with it because I saw progress in every chapter. There was something new, and something set into motion at the beginning and end of each chapter. In your final note you said you thought the scene with the Tallest wasn't necessary, and perhaps that's true, but I enjoyed immensely that Dib had a PLAN. There was a plot. A sub-plot, a very small one that only spanned the length of a chapter or two, but it was there nonetheless. And this sub-plot was brought up because of a natural progression of the story, for the most part it was actually pretty logical. Dib needed to speak to a parental figure and he'd heard of these leaders/someone Zim respected and decided to turn to them. It makes sense, honestly, it really does. I mean, aside from the whole hey-a-human-is-contacting-an-alien-race-billions-of-lightyears-away-and-they're-completely-foreign-and-lack-of-freaking-out-over-ALIENS thing, it was pretty on point.

- As a side note I wanted to point out a thought I had during that scene. I was wondering why they would even bother talking to Dib, I mean, they could shut down the transmission at any time, and it occurred to me that it was because even to this less-evolved life form they couldn't help themselves from laughing at Zim's expense. Any reason they could get to laugh at Zim, they would take it. It's likely as soon as they got bored with the conversation with Dib they would have just ended the transmission. Although that wasn't explicitly stated in the fic, I feel like it was implied, and that's pretty cool B)

You know, the moment I got to the chapter that you picked up this fic again, I could tell almost instantly that there had been a time lapse. What a difference 5 or 6 years can make, huh? And it was that chapter that I knew I was committed to the story. Before then I could have given it up with very little qualm, but at that chapter I was HOOKED. You've improved a lot.

The emotions you explored in this story were intense. At first I was unsure how I felt about Dib always treating Zim like a child. I mean, he could certainly pass as a child because of his height and behavior, but he wasn't, not really. And he wasn't even human to boot! But Dib did finally notice and acknowledge that not only was Zim a (childish) adult, but a soldier. He noticed that and worked it into how he acted with Zim. It was great development and fun to read and realize.

I'm glad I stuck around to finish this and I'm glad I happened across it after you'd come back to it. Seems I have some pretty good fortune! Thank you for writing this, even after you struggled with it for so long. I can understand how writer's block goes, trust me, and your efforts to overcome it haven't gone unappreciated.

I'm interested in following you on Tumblr too. You seem like a pretty awesome person and we share a number of interests.

Thanks again for your story.
Keep writing and stay strong!
Larklyn chapter 22 . 6/19/2016
This was such an enjoyable read. I'm sad it's over!
Guest chapter 22 . 6/9/2016
This was interesting and fun to read. I really like how you psycho-analyzed Zim. Good job!
Cjellion chapter 22 . 6/4/2016
I actually cried. I loved this so much. Dude this was wild from start to finish, I can't believe how well you constructed the plot and delivered the story. This is amazing and I love it so much. Gr8 job m8.
HeCallsMeHisChild chapter 22 . 4/23/2016
I actually jumped up out of my seat a little bit at that part. This is a fantastic end to a fantastic fic, Ant. I'm so happy you're coming back to finish these. I particularly enjoyed Zim and the Professor hitting it off, I never thought to draw a parallel between their theatrics, but it works perfectly. Now you have me wondering what it would be like to watch the Skulls babysitting. Is Lewis a ghost at this point, or is it pre-death? Oh man you've got me going BAD right now...
Am chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
Geez, I have so many feels right now. I started reading this story way back in the day and was sad that it hadn't been updated in a few years. I'd check back in every once in a while just to see if there were any changes and then BAM! One day it was updated and I was super psyched, and then the updates kept coming. I've loved this story for the longest time, since I first started reading fanfics, I think, and I'm sad to see it end. But I really love the conclusion you've given it and the messages you based the story around and the way you protrayed the characters and just, ugh, yes. So much yes. I'm going to stop this novel here before it gets any longer. Awesome story, my dude. Thanks for the ride.
339 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »