Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alien Reality
CMdkelley chapter 12 . 4/30
? Why must good things be dropped?
Andrew Lee Houghton chapter 12 . 4/28
I can see u are sticking to close to cannon as they have an alliance with the nox to heal Jacob
khatre chapter 8 . 4/28
i like the story but .. the changes from Harry being present dont reflect in the story.
small changes happen but no major plot events change due to his actions... and they Really Really should have.
Romily chapter 12 . 3/20
Any chance you are getting back to that?
Archleone chapter 1 . 2/9
It's hard to get immersed when you disagree so much with what has happened in a story. What I mean is that I think Harry telling the SGC about his magic was very stupid. It's just bad strategy. He knows he was being sent to a world without magic. He knows that magic is powerful and desirable. He knows that these people are muggles, and you're not supposed to tell them about magic. He should know that the Statute of Secrecy exists for a reason.

There was nothing to gain by telling them all about magic. There was no reason to tell them about magic. He could have easily made up another lie or simply kept some things secret so that he doesn't admit to being magical. Yet, for some moronic reason, he tells them his entire life story and things that absolutely should have remained secret even if he were talking to other wizards. Things like absorbing knowledge from a Dark Lord.

The only reason I can see for Harry telling them about magic is just that you, the writer, wanted to fast-track Harry's involvement with SG-1 and for them to know he's special. But I think that's a sign that you're impatient and not very good at planning/writing because of how just plain unlikely and stupid it is to tell a group of a strange, foreign military "hello guys, I can do magic :)"

It's hard to take the story seriously after that, especially with how cringe and entitled the SGC tends to be about everything they come across. "The whole universe revolves around us and our problems, and we can take and use anything we want to deal with said problems. Anything we can't have or control needs to be dismantled or destroyed because we're the special ones who decide things in the universe because we say so."

Like, sure, the other asshole organization (NID? I forget) is worse because of how aggressive and scummy they are, but the SGC is pretty shitty because of how delusionally "Merica" they tend to be when on other worlds, and how they interact with aliens.

Combine those traits with Harry also telling these complete strangers everything about his life and that he's a wizard really makes me just go "what the fuck even is this shit?" and doesn't really put me in the mood to read more. I don't feel engaged. I feel irritated.

It's such a weirdly common trend as well to make Harry/whoever else gets crossed over into SG1 super clingy to the SGC/SG-1 specifically as if there's no other options or places to go in the galaxy.

Personally, I think it would have been more believable if Harry used his magic to get out of the SGC after feeding them some lies they would find plausible ("Voldemort was an alien, he did alien things, I don't know why he sent me here, he's just the guy who murdered my family. He's probably crazy.") and have him reassess the situation personally and privately, instead of randomly trusting strangers in a strange world just because they tended to his wounds.

You should have leaned more into Harry being magical, Harry being a teen who just got put into a scary situation far away from anyone he knows or trusts, and Harry just having downloaded ~60yrs of knowledge from the baddest Dark Lord of the past couple generations. He should have been more sneaky, more paranoid, more interested in getting control of his own safety, and more... magical. It would have been so much more interesting if Harry used the knowledge he just gained to read minds to construct a believable cover story, then make himself invisible and sneak out to gain his bearings.

Like, who just accepts it and trusts the people holding you captive just because they were being cute and called it a "quarantine" instead of an "imprisonment"? He blindly trusted the SGC for no apprent reason.

Oh well. I shouldn't expect much from this fandom/crossover niche. The vast majority of the stories that are HP/SG-1 are absolute trash.
jgkitarel chapter 4 . 1/9
His reaction is realistic. At the same time, that spell is called an Unforgiveable for a reason, and whatever jusifications you have for using it don't change it. And he understands that. Yes, he used it for the right reasons, but I would not be surprised if his sleep is troubled for quite some time.
Arbalest1 chapter 12 . 11/30/2021
I absolutely love this story, the plot and characters are fantastic. please say its not abandoned and will be updated at some point.
martin.presston.9 chapter 12 . 11/2/2021
loved the story and i know loads of other people asked but i will as well do you intend to continue this story or is it dead and can it be adopted by someone else(not me as im not good enough) congras on your marrige and good luck for the future.
Dirt Rider 712 chapter 12 . 10/9/2021
This has been excellent, thank you! I do hope you pick it up again at some point.

Dirt Rider
Mangoose chapter 9 . 10/3/2021
Harry used the most reliable spell in a wizard's repertoire: Fistum to the facio!
Mastersgtjames chapter 3 . 9/24/2021
Really wanting the MC to be visibly becoming more skilled, powerful, knowledgeable, OP, etc... Instead of just feeling like a quirky tag-along/extra. Also, really cringy, all these dating/relationships jokes. I mean, Harry is 14(so he says), Sam joking about them dating is a bit much.
Mastersgtjames chapter 1 . 9/24/2021
I am always VERY annoyed when the MC is not properly paranoid. I would be trying a ritual or something to make any blood/DNA taken from me not work for anyone BUT me as soon as I could.
Also, the MC has literally JUST been through a VIVID experience of the danger of someone getting your blood, he has a "modern" magical AND muggle upbringing, as well as Voldemorts knowledge/experience, so he should be WAY more leery about the military, leaving his blood around, letting people study him/magic, all sorts of things.

REALLY hope the MC can start losing his dependency on his wand, learning Wandless magic and stuff. Just not a fan of people being dependent on things that can be taken away.
Vlarq chapter 12 . 6/17/2021
Hello Maestro Hazard, please finish the history is amazing thanks for your writings.
Bailey chapter 12 . 6/5/2021
Will there be more chapters?
DontMindMe chapter 12 . 5/31/2021
Shame it seems that this is abandoned.A good story, i love hpsg crossovers but there are so few good long ones. I hope you return to this one day
1,069 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »