Reviews for The Paradoxically Pure Hearted Thief
NickTonyK chapter 4 . 4/25/2014
Loved them all so far! I hope you'll continue with the other five aspects of his personality. Look forward to more!
Abracadebra chapter 4 . 11/18/2011
Crystal Rose, please come back to this story with the other 5 vignettes! Please?
hogan macgyver chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
Very well written chapter of a good scene. I felt like I was right there with Newkirk worrying and there are only so many writers who can do that to me ;)

I'm looking forward to reading the next installment. Keep up the great job.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
Nice expansion of the scene in the episode where Newkirk's concern for his teammates is so vividly portrayed. The reasons for that concern are provided very nicely in this vignette, and I like your use of the present tense - it gives the reader a feeling of sharing the tension of waiting with Newkirk.
Kirarakim chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
Ah one of my favorite scenes and you did a wonderful job of expanding what was going on in Newkirk's mind during that scene. I especially love how he had that heart to heart with Kinch realizing Kinch has to go through this all the time.

The last line was especially touching. Great short story!
80sarcades chapter 3 . 3/28/2011
Very nice! The writing was true to form; the characters were perfect. Can't wait for future updates!
Kirarakim chapter 3 . 3/13/2011
Good job of having Newkirk see there is a difference between being a thief and being a solider. He might be using his talents as a thief as a soldier but that isn't the same as being a thief anymore.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 3/13/2011
I'm enjoying your take on Newkirk and the motivations behind his behavior. He is, indeed, an honorable soldier who would have broken his own Rule #3 had it been necessary.

Fortunately, it wasn't necessary this time - but I really feel bad for that poor young German private who shot the captain!
Cruelest Sea chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
Yay, another one!:D

Excellent as always, just wonderful.:)
hogan macgyver chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
Great chapter. Glad they came out of it alright. Like the last line, it rings true. Hope there will be more soon.
Deana chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
This was a very well-done vignette, with an excellent plot! Great job, I loved it! :)
Marie1964 chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
I'm glad that Newkirk didn't fall for Berlin Betty/women this time around, like he did for Gretel. I always did enjoy that episode.
Ashlee Harmon chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
I would have posted a review sooner, but I wanted to wait and leave my review after I had seen the actual episode for which this segment was inspired.

I finally ordered my full series set the day you posted this, so I was a little hesitant to read it because I didn't want to spoil one of only 20-something episodes I hadn't seen yet. However, I decided "What the hay?"

I'm am very pleased with my decision because I feel like after reading this I was able to enjoy the episode even more! I got it yesterday, btw! As I was watching Newkirk in Klink's office with Betty, I felt like I really knew what was going through his mind! And might I add, I'm am throughly envious of that woman! ;)

I am looking forward to further chapters! And I also enjoyed the analysis on your blog. I quite agree with all of it.
Nitestalker chapter 2 . 11/23/2010
glad he remembered Gretel and didn't make the same mistake again. Thanks for the update.
St PA chapter 2 . 11/21/2010
Thank you for an understandable, informative, intriguing, suspenseful plot which explains/unveils itself throughout the story without needing prior knowledge of the scenario.