Reviews for You
csiAngel chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Aww. This is such a moving piece. So different. And so real. Very well written!
recoilandgrace chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
ohmygodohmygod WOMAN. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME.

This IS different... in such a good way. It's so saddddd. And beautifully written. and omg I can't even. So, so sad. I LOVE IT.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I think it's the Pitts that Gillian is not a mother. And I think at least the season three writers could give her a little miracle be it adoption or the result of a one night stand . Thanks for writing and sharing.
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
killer, superb n painfully moving lines:

"It consumed me like fire"

"No one likes to face the reality that all they love could disappear in a heartbeat"

"Lost is a strange word, and leaves a bitter taste on my tongue."

"I know the world isn't black and white, but it was you who taught me that it's a thousand shades of grey."

"It was only when I fell in the cracks in between that I saw those shades of grey illuminated before me."

"the best you can do is hold on, just hold on, and wait for the next hurricane to come and sweep you along to somewhere else."

"At least I know you are out there, somewhere, living your life. Even if it is a life where to you, now, I am a stranger."

"There is moving on and there is letting go, and a space in between in which I find myself floating, trying to find the right balance."

When lil beautiful fics go to school, they do it with the hope that 1 day they'll graduate with flying colors n be like THIS beautiful fic here u just gave us. thank u for that, Lightwoman, thank u! :)
twentyfour.mad chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
This was absolutely gorgeous.

The imagery you used- was just breathtaking

I loved this. :)

Thank you for making my morning!
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I like how you explored the implications of the word "lost."

This is incredibly sad to read. Without context, it could almost be about a child who died. And for all we know, Sophie may have. What a tragedy for Gillian.
gidget89 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Oh I love good Gillian/Sophie stories. This was great, really. 1st person can be a tricky thing, but I think you handled it beautifully :)
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I felt so sad for Gillian in the episode where Sophie is mentioned. I like your take on how she's coping!
joiedevivre2011 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
So beautiful, but so very, very sad. :(

Poor Gill - if only Lightman could somehow help in this situation... ;)
KayleighM chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Oh, Kate.

*wipes tears*

This was absolutely beautifully amazing. I loved the first person, I think you carried it off really well. No worrying! :)

I always love fics about how Gillian feels about losing Sophie... We never really get to see anything from her so this is nice.

I like how it was angsty... But not slap you in the face angst. It was subtle and I dont know... There was this calm atmosphere. It was lovely.

264858252/10 ;)
hmcfanaddict chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I really liked this. I don't think you have anything to worry about with this new style of yours. You've written it quite beautifully and I hope you write more stories like this. This first person point of view really let me feel Gillian's pain. I felt myself tearing up. Probably didn't help that I happened to have a pretty sad song on in the background, haha. Loved it!
tess.untitled chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
The thing I find hard about this kind of fic is that once you throw the 1st person at the reader, you need to establish a deeper connection with him/her & with the character itself. But hey, it's you we are talking about! You are amazing at this! Another fantastic fanfiction. Love it. Beautiful. Well done!