Reviews for Halloween Drabbles
Iselima-Minerva chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
That last line! Haha!

Oh Merlin, this way of talking during the fucking slash love making can only be Severus and Minerva. Entirely!

So short but great fun!

Note: I just read the last one - no time - am on a 'mission'.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Love them both. It would still be nice if Minerva ever acknowledged she ought to feel some guilt for Snape's death, but alas, Gryffindors just don't do guilt. Dumbledore's legacy that anything a Gryffindor is right will last a long time, I fear.

The Evil Pumpkins that link both drabbles are cute, though.
Tea for Lupin chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
The first one, touching; the second, HILARIOUS. I laughed so hard. Thank you! - Verity
LaSeuleEtoile chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Love this pairing! That was great, the second one was so in character I'm gob-smacked!

As for the first, it was really lovely. Out of curiosity, do you actually speak Gaidhlig? It's my mother tongue :) Although my English is undoubtedly just as good, if not better lol.

Anyways, thanks for this.
Headmistress X chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Ms. Chambliss,

Jack O'Lanterns laughing on his grave-really, you could have just put that one image in a sentence and had me laughing hard enough to spew coleslaw all over my keyboard.

I should know better than to read with my mouth full.

Of course, you have a gift for distilling complex ideas. The first drabble, for example is a perfect character study of Minerva McGonagall. Loyal. Sentimental. Arch. Chivalrous. Fussy. Yep, you've checked off each major trait.

As for the second two drabbles - - well. I must confess, I have trouble following uncredited dialogue. So the possibilities are making extremely interesting pictures in my head.

Again, your skill as a writer is breathtaking. Look at all you have managed to convey with this series of letters: "Mmmpppffgg!"

Imagine what you could do if you used a vowel.

In Admiration,

Headmistress X
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I get to review the other one, lucky me. Well, extremely beautiful and moving. What can I say? You really know how to write the relationship between those two.

And you know what? I bet a lot of people will hate the juxtaposition between the two, so I'll say, good for you for having had the courage to do that. This is claiming all parts of your writing, the poetic and the goofy. They are all parts of you, and of us, of life, of Hallowe'en.
Professor M. McGonagall chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Miss Chambliss! How dare you besmirch the name of the Head of Gryffindor house (and of Slytherin house)!

I wish to make it clear that your accusations are groundless and that my relations with Professor Snape have always been (-aah, not now, Severus, I am writing to Kelly Chambliss!) strictly professional.
Severus Snape chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Well well, Miss Chambliss... I must say overdosing on Firewhisky does not improve your writing skills. I will have you know that your assumptions on the nature of the relationship between Professor McGonagall and myself are entirely unfounded, unfort... ahem!
the real snape chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
/Or vigil - - she's not sure what to call it./ Great line.

/proof that she's in her dotage at last./ I can hear Severus say this. While feeling flattered. And not quite believing it.

/the dead who are with you always/ the absence of a comma after "dead" gives volumes of love story. Exquisite.

And the next one. Ahhh.

/Warnings: Dialogue-only/ Except for visualisers. They have Glorious Technicolour.

/It was my Gryffindors who… aaahhh… stopped the troll/ True.

/'atmospheric contribution' / Minerva is quite skilled when it comes to making statements that aren't lies, yet aren't really positive reviews either, isn't she?

/Merlin's sweet arse/ If I had any talent for drawing at all, I'd draw a picture of Merlin The Great with all parts of the litany. His bushy nose-hair. His beard. His uterus. His ... neither regions, in great detail. His sweet arse. I might even add his striped boxer shorts in a little pile on the ground.

/"Oh, GOD…"

"No. Just Severus."/

Perfect. Just perfect.
aptasi chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Wow. I love the serious and the funny drabbles together. And you have such a way with words. You get your points across so elegantly. It's just amazing.