Reviews for Final Hour
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
nothing to say to this. bravo my friend.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Couple of things here. Most of those stats that you referenced were of the Spartan-2's. The Spartan-3's (of which Noble 6 was one) were generally less physically able and tactically knowledgeable then the 2's. This doesn't mean that the 3's were any less dangerous then the 2's but due to the more limited augmentations, far less field experience, and more limited training, on average, a 3 was less capable of any task than a 2 was. They also weighed much less as it took less material to give the same level of protection for their smaller bodies. If you want a visual comparison, note that Jorge was the only 2 on Noble Team. Interestingly enough, he's also the only spartan, 2 OR 3, that actually was originally from Reach and didn't just end up adopting the planet as their homeworld.

There were some exceptions to this rule, and noble 6 is one of them, as only a very small handful of characters in the series as a whole gained the threat ranking of "Hyper-Lethal Vector", which is more based on kill count and completed missions then command ability. Noble 6 was one of the few individuals on either side of the conflict to have done so. For reference, the only other ones that I know of off the top of my head are Buck, Master Chief, Thel Vadamee (the arbiter from Halo 2, not to be confused with the Arbiter from Halo Wars), and Johnson, and both Buck and Johnson had the advantage of being part of Project Orion (the Spartan-2 predecessor program upon which most of the conceptual ideas of the Spartan programs were built) and having the whole length of the war to build that reputation on.

On a completely different tangent, something I thought of and might make a decent fic would be if Noble 6, when boarding that covenant corvette to initiate the finishing blow of Operation Uppercut, were to use the controls on the bridge to pull the same move that Blue Team did in Ghosts of Onyx to capture a Covenant Ship: vent the atmosphere across the entire ship. This would kill most of the crew and most likely make the defense of the Slipspace Generator during the transit trip much easier. As in "the timer didn't get hit" easier, thereby letting Jorge live through that mission.

It would be interesting to see where that story would go, so even if you don't decide to do it, I would be very appreciative if you were to put the word out of that challenge.

Hell, I'll even Beta it for you.
Skorcher007 chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
I love this!Halo Reach was a challenging and beautiful game to ending really was emotional to watch.I enjoyed this story, hey hopefully you may be able to write a story off 'd be pretty awesome no doubt
Zachary916 chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
That was amazing. Absolutely worth the read.
somebody chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
that was awsome

10 stars
Kimjel chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
First story in first person from Halo at is actually good. Great job.
Arekkusu-san chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I like this I have read most of the halo novels and this is really similar to it but with less beating around the bush when it comes to death and is more realistically brutal and genuine emotion.
Earthpatriot117 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Remember Reach, and everyone who gave their life fighting to the end.
Kapola Nuva chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
As one who read the books, A spartan would not even have to think to break bones of an elite. John 117 accidentally killed a marine after his augmentations in a spar.
Anyways I liked this little one shot, nice work
Mr Stereo1 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Nicely done. Since you raised the possibility of extending the story, although I imagine you've already considered the possibilities and decided against it, a second chapter for the covenant's point of view might be interesting.

The style feels very 'in the moment', I think it's the short sentances and single line 'paragraphs' that give the effect. The references to the other members of the team are nicely simple as well, six has only known them for a few hours, so given the circumstances the emotions when they're mentioned feel right.
keybladedude chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Very well done. When I first beat Halo 3, I want awestruck. Then came Reach. I remember wondering about it during Combat Evolved. That game really gave me the feeling that everything came full circle. What you wrote really captured the essence of the "Lone Wolf" mission. Again, great work.
Blinkdawg15 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
DANG! Reach did have one of the most frustrating endings ever. I agree there. Why hasn't there been a story with MC/Fem. Noble Six as the pairing? That seems like it'd be pretty cool. Like, instead of Six dying, he gets on the Pelican with Keyes, and helps the MC in his adventure? Maybe a bit of romance mixed in? If its alright with you, I'm going to add you to my faovrite authors list on my Profile. I put the author's name, and the story that makes them one of my favorite authors. By the way, if you'd like to play a few games of Reach(Or Halo 3) on XbLive. , then add me. Xx4lph4xW0lfxX is my GT. I really liked this. Reach has one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a game. The gameplay.. was alright. It got old pretty fast though, but I'm starting to get back into it.

Later,

AkeOokami- BrightWolf

P.S., I really like the idea of extending/continuing this, but how would you do so?
The Sad Reaper chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
holy shit. i loved this. ive played reach and thought, o kinda cool, but when u put if from this point of view, o my god. i hope u turn this into a story. idk what u have to do, plz, for my sanity, make this a epic, 1000 review story. if u need anything, a guy to bounce ideas off of or just someone to read it to to make sure it turns out rite, just pm. im here to help.
ancient lantean chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
This was a fantastic one-shot. Throughout the whole thing, I had that song from the Deliver Hope commercial playing in my head. A worthy sendoff for the lone wolf known only as Noble Six.
Manga154 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Wow, that is a true way to go,(or almost go,) so will you continue or leave it as this? It was never said that he was the last spartin (or human) left on reach, they also had bases that went miles apon miles below ground.