Reviews for The Ashes
Moonlit Puddles chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
I love the ending of chapter 2, it's beautiful. Can't help but wish Spock would reconcile with his Father. The could share so much...

They way you portray that internal conflict, Spock at war with himself is fascinating and gratifying. I guess that's why Vulcan's have touch telepathy, there's really no other permissible to express your feelings.
FandomGirl46 chapter 4 . 10/23/2013
WHAT!? I can't believe you. You made Nyota die and Ma' Resh be taken away by Nyota's family?! All I can say is, you'd better update this story to make up for all the pain Spock is going through.
Mixed Bag Anonmyous chapter 4 . 1/31/2011
I like conflict with the ST characters and I enjoy it when an author takes liberties with established canon and characterization, but this story is so far out there that I can't even imagine Spock in this scenario at all.

Spock is a character that accepts consequence and deals with the burden of his actions. He would not simply "give up" like you've characterized him in this story. He lost his mother yet he submerged himself in his work to keep his mind off of it. He fought the odds, he didn't emo around the ship about it.

So even if he did loose Nyota in some freak accident (no law/diplomatic/military organization would EVER allow a pregnant woman on the front lines - so I do not understand why this plot device was used), he would hold on to his daughter with his life. I do not understand why you decided to let Spock give up his daughter so easily without a fight.

Emo!Spock just isn't Spock. This story had potential but your characterization is too much for me to handle.
markie804 chapter 4 . 1/31/2011
Unusual storyline but not bad. The characters are ooc. Spock is a resolute character, not wishy washy. He would not have lost track of his kid, no matter how aggrieved. I would like to see where you go from here.
triadlover chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
Is this another Spock/Nyota story minus the Nyota part?
Nyotarules chapter 3 . 12/3/2010
Romance - no. Angst - yes. Hilarious - definitely!
Sprtll chapter 3 . 12/1/2010
You love punishing Nyota in allll of your stories and making her look weak. Also what took place in this chapter did not make any sense.
Willowbeone chapter 3 . 11/30/2010
U put the A in angst! So so sad.
Tatiana chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Hmm. I don't object to the fact that Uhura died. I did have a hard time believing that StarFleet protocol would even allow a pregnant crew member to be sent down on a violent mission (actually, I also found her reaction to pregnancy pretty OOC, but people react in strange ways so I went with it).

I would have liked to have seen a less contrived way of getting Nyota into that position since Kirk's behaviour just doesn't track. There are any number of ways to get Spock and Uhura in such a situation (kidnapping, peaceful mission gone bad, shuttle crash, etc.) that would require less suspension of disbelief from the readers and less "jerky" behaviour from Kirk and so keep them with you as you take them through the story.

I will keep reading to see where you go with this. :)
Gerriv chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I'm afraid I did not like this chapter at all. I think all of the characters were OOC, especially Kirk. The whole plot seems very contrived to me. Sorry, did'nt like it at all.
StormingtheGambit chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Wow... I don't think of Nyota's death/birth of their child was anticlimactic. I think it's heartbreaking. Kirk does seem a bit too ooc when it comes to ordering a pregnant crew member to go on a high risk violent mission. Even if he strongly disliked what was going on with S/U, he wouldn't be that careless and uncaring.

When Kirk asked Spock "Are you alright?" as if all he had was a broken rib- I wanted Spock to beat the crap out of him. Really? Is that the best he can say?

I liked this passage, it fit in with the description of Kirk:

Kirk had destroyed it by sneaking in and reversing the polarity of a power converter after the rest of the crew on the ground had been killed. He had a talent for that sort of thing.

Jeez. Such a brutal pair of sentences.
Lori Jean chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Wow! I just read all the chapter so far. What good characterizations, unexpected but so possible. Thanks I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the updates.
Lemomina chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
While I saw that coming ( Nyota dying during childbirth ) , I definitely didn't like how it was done . I thought the whole thing was so anticlimactic and Spock's reaction was odd to what happened , I know he is probably in shock but still , It didn't seem quite right .

Also, Kirk here is OOC , I don't think he could ever be such a jerk or so insensitive .

I will keep reading because I find the idea of the story interesting .
Lisa chapter 2 . 11/22/2010
Thanks for that chapter. It was very nicely done! I look forward to the next one!
STFW chapter 2 . 11/22/2010
Thanks for another chapter! I look forward to the next.

I like the brief summation of what has been going on in the larger galaxy, and how it has affected the Enterprise's crew.