Reviews for The Art Teacher
jediqueen77 chapter 15 . 6/19/2013
Beautiful from start to finish. One of the best I've ever read. Riveting.
BelieveItOrNot chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
In case you were wondering about my random twitter question about your ofic, it's because I started this fic, and your words, no, not just your words. Your ideas... SIGH

This description is so beautiful:
"Her face is placid; on the surface, she seems peaceful. But the water is sucking her under and the trees are closing in around her. There are little white flowers all around her, but they don't looks sweet or pastoral; they are like eyes, always on her. She's laying there, floating, oblivious to the fact that she's already dying. The water is sucking her down and under, and there's nothing she can do about it, so she just floats and stares at the sky."

And this!
"I think about the way that artist, Millais, managed to paint how I feel, and he did it over a hundred years ago. For the first time, art is something more to me than a way to display wealth, another commodity. It's a person's soul, up there on the wall. And when things all line up right, it's your soul up there too."

Just gorgeous writing. I love how Edward's eyes are quite the mystery. I'm thinking he's attracted to Bella, and surprised by it. I wonder if he'll try to fight it. Like Bella, I'd like to believe that he isn't sleeping with any moms. :)
it's simply me n you chapter 15 . 6/5/2013
What a beautiful ending. While it's sad that Renee was such a terrible mother, Bella overcame that & discovered what life was really about.

Always love your stories. There is such feeling & heart in there, it's hard to stop.
Twi-teacher chapter 15 . 6/1/2013
This was a great story. Loved the characters. You are a very good story teller. Now I remember why you are on my favorites list. :) Keep them coming! Thanks
msmargo chapter 14 . 5/29/2013
The first time i read this two years ago, i was blown away ( i also made a special trip to the Frick Museum, hadn't been in years). Just came back for a re-read and it's just as good as I remembered. Thank you!
BlueIsSoul chapter 15 . 5/29/2013
So i read this last night - it was recommended on a fb group and i think its the first one of yours that ive read. I really liked it. One thing that really stood out to me was the intensity - my favourite scenes had to be right at the bginning when edward was the teacher and they were discussing art in the gallery. Boy, it was fricking deep and HOT at the same time. I'm not sure how it was able to illicit such tingly feelings from me, but it was amazing and without it being angst or outrightly sexual - so thanks for that. Thanks for giving me a peek into the art world, even though I dont know much about it and making it real and palpable. Even though B&Es relationship was short with few encounters at the bginning, i really felt the connection. The only critique i would give is that the INTENSITY lessened a bit toward the end chapters - Im not sure if that was because we were actually really getting to know edward (whereas before it was only putting bits and pieces together) or because they had matured and Bella was no longer looking at him like an infatuated girl. So many moments had me gasping and close to tears - especially that moment in the art gallery when he told her the painting in his apartment was her. so damn beautiful. thank you for sharing your words. Lovely.
BlueIsSoul chapter 12 . 5/28/2013
i love him.

the true struggling artist.
BlueIsSoul chapter 11 . 5/28/2013
loveeee
BlueIsSoul chapter 10 . 5/28/2013
Lovely -i like what youve done here
BlueIsSoul chapter 9 . 5/28/2013
after waiting for him for so long, she doubted him really fast...
BlueIsSoul chapter 8 . 5/28/2013
Lovely. Wont margaret be worried though ? ;)
BlueIsSoul chapter 7 . 5/28/2013
Edward says nothing. It's so quiet in this hallway that I can hear every breath he takes. When he finally speaks, his voice is so low he's almost whispering. "That painting was about you." DED DED DED!

I love when they're talking art and I dont know much about art, but WOW. *fans self* how do you do that?
BlueIsSoul chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
You know. Just trying to get by and paint. - DIESSSS - OMG - I love this GUY.

Wow - this is so freaking intense. I wonder how edward really got by, did he think of her as much as she did him? Or is she influenced by the fact that she was so young, and he took her to a new place?
BlueIsSoul chapter 5 . 5/28/2013
So she hasn't been able to forget him...she's settling for alec. I think it says a lot about the intesnsity of their relationship- although they didnt actuallu interact that much.

Gah, i'm sad that edward left as he did... sure her parents may not have liked it, but she too is an adult
BlueIsSoul chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
Aw no. He left.

The chemistry is so palpable and teh art teacher is goddamn hot. Why did this never happen to me in high school? Hngg
7,133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »