Reviews for The Art Teacher
Fleur50 chapter 1 . 7/23
Wow
Ella10 chapter 7 . 7/6
I'm lousy with reviews but I had to leave one at the very least just to let you know that you've woven an insightful story. Chances are, you're already aware, but still. I admire the way that you managed to turn wealth into this suffocating trap that Bella's stuck in. Wealth is something that many people covet and Bella's life is something they would kill for. Yet you managed to present it in a different light that captures how empty it is. What with Rosalie's endless partying life that holds no meaning and Renee's tiring pursuit to keep everything she's worked for, it puts into perspective what matters in hindsight. I appreciate the depth you've put in this story, especially since it's so natural.

If I had to have one criticism, it would be the New Moon aspect of this story in which Bella lets Edward's departure from her life debilitate her. Though you wrote it in a smooth manner, I found it a bit unrealistic that she reacted with that much intensity with that little contact from Edward. I understand to some degree, of course, Edward's her soulmate. However, they only essentially spent one day together. It's a little hard to believe that this one day could alter her to the degree that it has. Nonetheless, it was written skillfully so for that I applaud you. I hope you've written more stories as I look forward to reading more of your work after finishing this.

Enjoying your writing,
E
Team Marylou chapter 14 . 7/1
Clapping!

I absolutely LOVED this story!

WOW...so powerful...brilliantly written...truly loved it!

Thank YOU!
Team Marylou chapter 13 . 6/30
Gaahhhhhhhh...after all that, he won the fellowship!
I was wondering what happened to it...mystery solved.

Lord...tell me he WILL come back! Gosh...they haven't even hugged or kissed yet.
Team Marylou chapter 12 . 6/30
ANOTHER epic chapter...honest, painful, yet hopeful.
There is always hope when you put all your cards on the table and fight for what you want.
I give Edward a lot of credit for traveling across the country to find Bella and set the record straight...takes guts.

xoxo
LOVE, LOVE this story!
Team Marylou chapter 11 . 6/30
"What the hell are you doing here?"

OMG! Edward has followed her to Forks! YAY!
Team Marylou chapter 9 . 6/30
Well...after the extreme BLISS of their reunion and lovemaking...cold water was just thrown in our faces!
WTF?!

Ufhhhhhhhh...glad Edward went after Bella to explain but no luck there.

I hope Bella NEVER speaks to her awful mother again!
Team Marylou chapter 8 . 6/30
"Finally, peace."
Seriously...AMAZING chapter...damn...YOU are brilliant!
2loveybunnies chapter 16 . 6/30
Loved every minute of this - even when I doubted Edward, thought Bella was going to ruin it all and become a Stepford wife, and especially when I just wanted them to get their shit together and love each other. It was a long, painful road but they made it! I would love to know more about their future, but I suppose they got their HEA and that's all that really matters. Beautifully written. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Team Marylou chapter 7 . 6/29
Wow...that was intense !'

A lot of jealousy going on...and Edward is right...none of them deserve Bella...Except Edward...in my book.
Team Marylou chapter 6 . 6/29
Well...I got my wish.

Enter Edward...at her job no less...and he knows she's engaged.
Guessing he is still single and will now go after Bella!
Team Marylou chapter 5 . 6/29
Finally reading this amazing story...but...ughhhhh...Bella has graduated from BOTH high school AND college...and still NO sign of Edward!?

And now she is ENGAGED to this Alec?!
I am hoping Edward enters the picture ASAP.
ITS LIKE HE FELL,OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH...hope there is an EPOV eventually...where he went...why, etc.
Hahaha...even though the story is complete.
2loveybunnies chapter 4 . 6/29
Oh, poor Bella. Was Edward a kept man? Was he really sleeping with these rich, older women to be able to do his art? It seems like such a sell-out, but I guess people do what they have to in order to get by, or get ahead. Did he go back to Chicago? To another one of his "patrons"? I cringe to think of Edward whoring himself out like that...I don't want to believe it, but...
2loveybunnies chapter 1 . 6/28
So, I know this story is old. And I know you're not really writing fanfiction anymore - at least for the Twilight fandom. And I know that I should have read this years ago, but for some reason I saved it thinking I would savor it when it was complete...and then I guess I just lost track. But I'm going back through my list now and finally getting around to some of the stories I missed back in the day, because I genuinely still love this genre, and I still love Edward and Bella in their AU/AH incarnations. And because there were (are) some pretty damn good writers that wrote some really awesome twific stories - like you! So yeah, I'm reading this now - 4 years later! ;-)
Best outtake. I as so curious about his month after she left and he showed up.
7,168 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »