|Reviews for The Art Teacher|
| Livindol chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Yay! A new story! Love that this is romance and not angst...sometimes I just need some fluff. Looking forward to reading more! xoxo
| Luvtwismut chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I wanna scoop up Bella into a big bear hug. The poor girl needs some love!
| soobliette chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Loving it. The opening paragraphs had me hooked from the start but it got better and better as the story went along. I love the NY setting, love the new names and faces (Chelsea, Marc, Corin and so forth) and love the first introduction to Edward.
The Ophelia painting was definitely an interesting choice and I liked Bella's reaction to it. "I think about the way that artist, Millais, managed to paint how I feel, and he did it over a hundred years ago. For the first time, art is something more to me than a way to display wealth, another commodity. It's a person's soul, up there on the wall. And when things all line up right, it's your soul up there too." Can't wait to read more!
| lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I really am intrigued by this story of yours. I have a confession that I have a huge love of art. In fact, whenever, I go to NYC I spend all day at Moma at least once. Thank you, for writing and sharing it with us. A few of my thoughts:
1) I really love your Bella. I feel as if she is going through the motions of "living". She realizes that she is definitely lucky but it almost seems like she uses it as a metaphor. She has a mom and step dad but it seems as if her mom is very plastic and fake. That she is very selfish at times. We haven't met Phil yet but I wonder what he is like, as well. I am also curious about Charlie or if he is even a part of this story.
2) I also am intrigued by her friendships with Rose and Alice. I wonder how well they know each other and if they know everything about Bella or if Bella trusts them. In her world, it could be very tricky to trust people.
3) I also love that this story is based in NYC. It's my favorite cities to visit.
4) I also loved the introduction of Edward to this story. I feel as if Bella is not only attracted to him but that he is lighting a spark that nobody has ever had. I think he noticed her on his first day but was very subtle about it. Jane and Chelsea obviously knew him in the past and have a very obvious crush on Edward.
5) I also love that Bella chose the painting Ophelia. I may be off but it tells me that Bella feels as if she is drowning under everybody's expectations of her.
I am excited to see where you take us. I am curious, will this be mostly on Bella's pov?
| andersse chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Have to say I am intrigued. I wasn't sure at first since the premise reminded me a bit of Gossip Girl, but since you're writing it I know it will be good. And of course once you introduced Edward, it instantly drew me in!
| moniquecullen chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I can tell this is going to be another great story. Not that there was any doubt. I haven't read anything from you that I haven't loved so far. How old is Bella? And Edward? Is this a love story?I hope it won't be too incredibly angsty. But I'm already dying to see what happens next!
| kdillin chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
| nerac chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
you've definitely got me intrigued! and for the first time ever, i'll get to read one of your stories as a wip. :) looking forward to more!
| Livie79 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I just don't know how you do it, I am in awe of you. I started reading your stuff with Faking It and put you on author alert right then and there. I have read almost everything you have written since and I have loved every bit of it. You JUST finished the wedding party, which I loved and now you have already sucked me into this new tale of yours. I am really looking forward to this, Artward is always hot! Great job I can't wait to read more!
| redtaxi chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
caught my eye
seed is planted now.
| mem4375 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Interesting start. I think it would be a challenge to write a "poor little rich girl" story without it becoming either stereotypical, completely unsympathetic, or laughable - or all three. But you are a talented writer and this seems promising. Count me in.
| StAngelS chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Ok, I'm not much of a reviewer but here goes. I really enjoyed that, really really. Great use of the english language a couple of beautifully intense moments. I look forward to seeing where you'll be taking this. Your description of Ophelia was spot on and brilliant. I like how you brought it into the story.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
| jackiehydelover chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Le sigh...I love that painting.
And I'm loving this so far. I can't wait to see where you are taking this :)
| Cowgirlgraphics chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I wish I could say I found this on my own, but my friend Coxie was pushin' and I couldn't say no. She's very persuasive like that. Of course, I'm all over it right away because *art* is me. I have a BFA in professional arts, but attempts to be a fine artist will always leave me standing on the sidelines. I appreciate art ... I understand the heart and soul that goes into a piece, mostly because I have done it myself, but can't even find the faith to back my own work. So bring on Artward.
| ReesesaysbitemeEdwardcullen chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I must say that this chapter drew me in and captured me. I couldn't stop reading until it was over. Great Job so far!