Reviews for The Art Teacher
hmregan13 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Wow! Love it so far! This promises to be a very interesting read- can't wait for more!
Groundedforlife chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Wow, that was great! Someone recommended this story to me and although it just started, I love it. How often are you planning to update?

~Ivy~
nvrsrry chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I'm very excited to read this. I'm an Art History major so there is the obvious appeal to this story for me, however, I've always loved your writing style. I'm very eager to see where you go with this story.
Popquizkid chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
One chapter in and I'm hooked. You, my dear, are amazing. So looking forward to the coming story...
hotmama4jd chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Whoa. This is really fabulous. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Morecowbelltx chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I love the way you write. I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter and more interaction between the teacher and the student.
AHotMess chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I love the layers and depth in your B. I'm sure there's more to your E. The backgroud and storyplot are utterly intriguing.

I can't wait to see where this goes.

xoxo
cyndi407 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I'm intrigued...looking forward to reading the next update
cool-gal95 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Wow...i am definitely intigued. Thanks so much for posting this so soon. I was already missing your writing after TWP :)

I really liked the chapter. The start was good showing exactly what a 17-yr old girl who never liked this world feels. It was so expressive and I can't wait for more.

I don't live in New York, Neither am I from any kind of high-society circle. So, I am curious, is life on the Upper East Side really like this?
ILuvFanFic1011 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This is going to be interesting. Bella is a senior in high school. I'm going to assume she is 18, but is she 17? He is her teacher. How old is he? This could be bad for Edward if he ends up acting on an attraction that he may have. We are still not sure if he is attracted to her in more than a professional manner. We do know that Bella is attracted to him. Can't wait to read more. :)
linz832 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Great start to the story, looking forward to seeing what happens next
eloped chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
wow, this sounds so promising!

i love love love your writing so much!

really love how your Bella is so defined - aware but cautious, beautiful but guarded. it makes her so real, but at the same time kinda perfect.

and wow. artist edward. that's like the one fantasy edward stories don't cover enough. :) i can't wait to read more about him!

and their chemistry's just gonna bust some place open.

thanks for this beautiful story!

much love
dazzled 24-7 chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Very interesting- I look forward to see how this story unfolds. It doesn't seem like it's going to be smooth sailing.

How often to you plan to post this one?

BTW, I loved the banner! He's just so beautiful and swoon worthy!
afonalaw chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
I think I am going to really love this story. I am already so intrigued by Isabella, and they way that you introduced Edward from Bella's viewpoint blew my socks off :) I am in love! How can I not love an Ophelia too. Great pick on the painting - it is so beautiful but also as you said suffocating. Look forward to seeing what will happen. Thank you!
marigold123 chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
"I'm a lucky girl." You pull us in with that first line and paragraph. Bella seems as though she's been thrust into a world of privelege. She says she should be happy and grateful...but it's obvious she's not. The picture of the rich kids and how she tried to fit in with drugs and partying. She has Rose and Alice, and that's all. What kind of message does her mother give her? Renee trying to stay young so she doesn't lose her husband? Is there love there...at all?

"...When I first came to live here, I was put in one of the larger guest rooms, but it was too cavernous after the tiny room under the eaves that I had grown up in. So I asked to move to the little room. It was just the right size, and no one cared how I kept it." Was Bella always with her mother? Did she live in that house with her or her father?

"Our eyes meet for a moment and I feel like I know him. It feels like we know each other—like we've known each other for years. It's like that feeling I had all through class, that I could see him better than anyone else, wasn't just product of my sudden crush and my overactive imagination. He's not smiling. That warm, boyish expression that he was so free with all through class is nowhere to be seen. In fact, he almost looks angry. His face is frozen, his eyes wide and alert." I loved this! The spark that Bella is feeling for Edward...his look...he sees her. Ophelia; the tragic almost bride of Hamlet. The Millais painting is an interesting choice for Bella. Does she feel she has no choice and this life is sucking her under?

I have lots of questions...which I am sure you will answer...in time. Enjoyed.
7,217 | « Prev Page 1 .. 454 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 474 .. Last Next »