Reviews for The Art Teacher
roxiegirl chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This sounds very interesting! I'm on board! Thanks.
Sunsetwing chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Loving this so far, and I can't wait to see what's up with him and the way he's acting toward Bella.
Comfy Boots chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow im really liking it. Would love to get an insight on Edwards POV - how is he seeing or feeling towards Bella in his mind. Im reallu curious :)
allismiles chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
It's so lovely already. I've been a fan for quite a while, thanks for sharing.
Melany333 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Great start, can't wait to read more

Melany
faireyfan chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
*sigh* this is amazing. I love your Bella in this story, the way she's an observer, part of the group, but not in the group. Byron can say it better: “I stood / Among them, but not of them; in a shroud / Of thoughts which were not their thoughts.”

I've had opportunities to brush shoulders with this world and you've captured it beautifully; the coldness and the gritted teeth behind the lockjaws, children as accessories and pawns. It's so sad hearing Bella say "I'm so lucky," almost as if it's a mantra and if she says it enough times, she'll believe it. Can't wait to read more of her back story.

I love this line: "The girls are simpering, giggling messes; the boys are hostile, dismissive and arrogant." It shows so well the impact of this Edward, so when he pins Bella with his gaze -gah! I love though, that she didn't look away first.

I love the PRB and Millais' Ophelia is one of my favourite paintings, when I was working as an Au Pair in London I used to go to the Tate at least twice a month and just gaze at it. It is a definite draw for angsty teen girls. On a side note I knew JEM's great, great grandson through school friends. His father was the actor Hugh Millais, who worked a bit with Robert Altman, most notably in McCabe and Mrs. Miller.
chikodomo chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
love it :) great beginning. I'm looking forward to the interactions between Bella and Edrward and of course the ones with Alice an Rose.

cheers
Caarz chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I've been wanting to read a story like this for ages but never found one. And now you, my absoulute favorite writer of fanfiction writes one! It has to be fate...

God, I can even describe how much I already love this story. I know it'll be great...I just do. I love art and if I had a teacher like Edward, I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to concentrate, ha ha.
2old4fanfic chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
1-Thanks for giving us a nice hardy first chapter. The scene is set, the characters in place

2- Loved, and have been cowed by, those mothers for whom "The education of their children is a blood sport". A scary lot.

3-You forgot to mention therapy as an after school activity. All the cool girls have a therapist, just before fencing class
arlzs chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I'm so glad you have a new story! I'm intrigued already by the dynamic between this Edward and Bella. Can't wait to read more!
ChocolateLover82 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Love it, just love it. The pic she chose is perfect for what she seems to be living. Drowning in that world of pretenses and seems like nobody notices. Alice a little maybe? and Edward now.

Loving it and can't wait to read more and see where you take us. Really excited. Also, love the song, Rufus Wainwright is just so...
midsouthmama chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Oooh, this story looks so good! Bella is very interesting...sort of living a life of quiet desperation, eh? I think you've perfectly captured that feeling of languor or listlessness exuded by bored, wealthy teenagers. I especially like the description of Rose- "all ease and self-satisfaction"-as if she is totally unaware of her good fortune.

I can't wait to see what develops with Bella and Edward. Will there be any EPOV?

p.s. I love the painting of Ophelia by Millais. It's disturbing but definitely draws you in. Actually, it just really makes me want to sucker punch Hamlet. lol.
dreamzuvedward chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I love this! Bella's resignation to her colorless life is so sad, and Edward seems like the person who can bring her to life. Can't wait to follow you on this journey.
original audience chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I love how this story is starting. I'm already invested and it's only chapter 1. I can't wait to figure out why Isabella used to have the smaller bedroom and why she feels fortunate. I also can't wait to see how Edward got there. Great start!

Thanks for writing!
Lilprincess16 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Awesome !

I love it !

Can't wait for the next chapter !
7,168 | « Prev Page 1 .. 458 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 .. Last Next »