Reviews for The Art Teacher
HeIsInMyDreams chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Excellent start, I'm very interested and intrigued in where this will go, it's also a very new take on fanfiction.
SallyThePumpkinQueen chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Love it!
sisi0205 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I like your stories very much and I think that the beginning of this one is very intriguing. I find it very sad that when one is wealthy people expect him or her to be happy, which is not true in most of the cases. I like Bella in this story, because she doesn't seem to be a pushover, although it may be a little early to assume that. I wonder what had happened to Charlie.
LoveMeSomeAngst chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I'm so excited that you're writing something new. At first I wanted to say, "oh poor little rich kids..." But it looks like Bella really has a sad life, despite all the money surrounding her. Can't wait to read the rest.
duckerjb chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Seriously. That was so fantastic I am kinda pissed at myself for not waiting for a few more chapters to be posted. Now I am going to be all antsy waiting for an update. Thats what I get, I guess, for having no will power.
JenDoesGym chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Ok I LOVED it! The forbidden student/teacher thing is a draw for one thing. Then add it art and Artward? GAH. Can't wait for next chapter!
Miss Baby chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
helenemc chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
A powerful beginning. I was mesmerized reading it. Cannot wait for updates.
ZooeyD chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I saw TalullahBelle rec'd it on twitter and I'm speechless :) In a good way :D
brown0520 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I love everything you write so I had to take a peek at this story too. : ) At the beginning I was sceptical. I have read way to many high school dramas over the past couple of years and thats not really my thing. But once again by the end I believe that you have sucked me in. This could be a very emotionally deep story. I'm looking forward to reading more.
arfalcon chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Just when I was starting to worry about the dirth of new, compelling stories in the fandom, you start posting a new one. Thank you! Nothing like tackling one of the toughest subjects possible, either, in taking on this particular social group. It's easy to think that understanding this small but hatefully powerful subspecies is no harder than watching "Gossip Girl," but there's a great deal more subtext underlying this world, and it sounds like you're going to nail it.

We've been dinner guests at a "home" that fits your description of the Dwyer residence, and we know a few families who aspired to that life, only to lose most of it in divorce or another form of financial meltdown. Definitely makes one appreciate having a little less, and yet I'm more privileged than most as well. My kids have had access to the private schools and country club life that I didn't have growing up in New Jersey, and even they aren't entirely comfortable among our Locust Valley lock-jawed neighbors after living here all their young lives.

I love how you've envisioned Isabella, on the outside looking in, knowing she should be thankful, yet feeling something empty in her gut. That feeling resonates so deeply, and the way you wrote her observations of her mother's determination to hold onto to her new husband are frighteningly astute. You hit the bull's eye with the Early Admissions discussion as well. Legacy kids have to apply EA to take advantage of their parent's largess, while public school kids often have to wait for regular admission to compare financial aid packages. So not fair; ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny in the upper stratosphere of wealth.

NOW I want to know more about this Edward, and how it is that he zoomed in on Isabella so quickly!
Parker137 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I'm not usually so easily sold from the get-go... but I am very drawn to your story and characters just from this first chapter. I already like your head strong Bella and am wondering about her sadness and awareness. I never take the time to listen to songs that go with stories, but I had never heard this Rufus Wainwright song... and talk about heartbreak and sadness. That was quite sad.

I'm looking forward to reading more. Thank you very much.
n0 l0nger in use chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Has he already been sleeping with Renee and the resemblance is what makes him angry? I ponder.
browneyeddaisy chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Great first chapter! I'm intrigued.
sherryola chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
One thing I really enjoy about your writing is how even in a first chapter, I get such a feeling for the characters and their situations. I feel sort of heartache for Bella in this story already. i'm wondering why she's going by her stepfather's last name, where's her father? she doesn't seem to fit into this lifestyle and is not happy. it really pours out from the chapter.
7,196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 461 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 .. Last Next »