Reviews for been waiting here my whole damn life
f2010 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
That is most awesome. Some feel like a punch in the gut and they're spot on, and it's so well done it hurts a little. GOOD JOB. Thank you for a great GREAT Gillian fic.
ToKeepFromGoingUnder chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Awesome job! I loved reading it and I wished that I could wrieally... awesome job and it was nice seeing all these things from Gillian's perspection.

*God Loves You*
recoilandgrace chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Okay so ~spoiler alert~ this right here? The short scenes that jump all over the place and then weave together to tell a complete story? THIS IS MY FAVORITE FORM EVER. In case you couldn't tell. xD

I just... I LOVE this. So much. I just want to hug it and cry with it and whatttttteven is life, honestly. Everything in here rings so true, and I love it. So thanks for writing. :')
qwerty1313 chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
This is such a great story! I love it!
hmcfanaddict chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I really loved this story and the way you set it up. I'm glad you were inspired because you produced a really fabulous story that could really be a plausible history for Gillian. You're an amazing writer!
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This was amazing! Great job!
Kat's in the cradle chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
SO lovely! Very wonderful. ]
FarmerLiz chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow! Just wow. This is amazing, and if it's your first experiment with this format, then I can't wait so see what happens with more practice. I love the history of Gillian, with her family and with Alec - that you've made here, and the dynamic of her relationship with Cal. It feels absolutely right. Thanks for posting this.
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
You already know i love this story. And you already know all of the reasons I love this story. But I love this story. SFM.
CaraMia-1984 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I have realized that there's been an influx of fic on Gillian's past BUT this story is a completely different take on it. Well, at least in my opinion. I think it's the back and forth with the time sequence that definitely gives this a different vibe than other stories floating around on this topic.

I really enjoyed the fact that you showed her having a not so innocent side in her younger days, which goes back to the fact that Cal really doesn't know everything about her. I also like how you threw in little glimpses of how their friendship/relationship evolved... the hostility between him and Alec... how she dealt with that... and of course having Sophie taken away.

Once again, another one of your stories that I'm absolutely in love with! How do you keep yourself inspired to have this constant creative flow? Please don't ever stop writing such wonderful stories for this fandom! Also, thanks for not using phonetic accents anywhere... ever! haha
CottonMary chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This is AMAZING! Thank you so much for posting!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow . That is a plausible past for all involved. Fir me I especially love the couch scene and where cal drunkly murmurs that he loves Gillian mire then Zoe. Come on we all know that is the truth. Thanks for sharing.
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
"No one smiles genuinely all the time."

"She smiles so brightly he can't see the tears."

"the bubble of happiness in her seem so big it could swallow the whole room."

"they really need to try to wrap cases up within a week, maximum, if they want to be able to do things like oh say, pay bills."

"so much male posturing, she almost sprouts a penis herself while watching it occur."

"Cal is aggressive aggressive, but there is no shock, because she figures that this is his default setting."

"She's not particularly happy that the man who noticed her distress and accommodated it wasn't her husband."

"The bridesmaids took one look at her, and then each other, and everyone got along fucking fabulously that day."

"He'd blinked and gone really white before getting really red

Cal is that ridiculously loud drunk person on the phone."

"she chooses to sit in an empty room and cry so much she feels like she will turn inside out."

"She loves her just hates her choices."

"she drinks scotch and sits in her empty office, in her empty building at her empty desk contemplating her empty womb and her empty life."

"It's not a little bit at all."

"He slouches on her couch and deflects every question she asks him like a pro."

"she is a realist masked as an optimist. He is has history he won't tell her about, and she has history he doesn't even know exists."

"it's never been his choice."

so, pretty much the whole thing, as usual, loved the back n forth in the timeline, or something like that, that u pull off here. humor and sarcasm were always there between the lines, wich i think was awesome. thanks gidget! :)