Reviews for been waiting here my whole damn life
Komal chapter 1 . 7/18/2017
hi there :) I have no idea if you still write or what's going on in your life, but I just read this and I wanted to let you know that you are an EXCELLENT author. Your writing style, dialogue, everything... this is a creative masterpiece. The way you took a small view into a character shown on TV, and gave her a whole backstory... I won't ever be able to see her the same again and I love it. I hope you are writing or following your dreams, whatever they may be, because you could be brilliant. xo - Komal
alleemaria chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
Too tired to writz a reveiw, but this totally deserved a review... It felt so réal... Sweet and sad... Well done!
flootzavut chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
"she just sits on the floor by the bed and rests her cheek on the edge of the mattress and she watches him and listens."

For some reason, out of the whole story, this is the moment that really got me. I can so see Gillian just sitting and listening, and Cal's eventual admission he loves her more than Zoe. MA FEEEEELZ. This was sad but very believable.
f2010 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
That is most awesome. Some feel like a punch in the gut and they're spot on, and it's so well done it hurts a little. GOOD JOB. Thank you for a great GREAT Gillian fic.
ToKeepFromGoingUnder chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Awesome job! I loved reading it and I wished that I could wrieally... awesome job and it was nice seeing all these things from Gillian's perspection.

*God Loves You*
recoilandgrace chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Okay so ~spoiler alert~ this right here? The short scenes that jump all over the place and then weave together to tell a complete story? THIS IS MY FAVORITE FORM EVER. In case you couldn't tell. xD

I just... I LOVE this. So much. I just want to hug it and cry with it and whatttttteven is life, honestly. Everything in here rings so true, and I love it. So thanks for writing. :')
qwerty1313 chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
This is such a great story! I love it!
hmcfanaddict chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I really loved this story and the way you set it up. I'm glad you were inspired because you produced a really fabulous story that could really be a plausible history for Gillian. You're an amazing writer!
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This was amazing! Great job!
Kat's in the cradle chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
SO lovely! Very wonderful. ]
FarmerLiz chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow! Just wow. This is amazing, and if it's your first experiment with this format, then I can't wait so see what happens with more practice. I love the history of Gillian, with her family and with Alec - that you've made here, and the dynamic of her relationship with Cal. It feels absolutely right. Thanks for posting this.
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
You already know i love this story. And you already know all of the reasons I love this story. But I love this story. SFM.
CaraMia-1984 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I have realized that there's been an influx of fic on Gillian's past BUT this story is a completely different take on it. Well, at least in my opinion. I think it's the back and forth with the time sequence that definitely gives this a different vibe than other stories floating around on this topic.

I really enjoyed the fact that you showed her having a not so innocent side in her younger days, which goes back to the fact that Cal really doesn't know everything about her. I also like how you threw in little glimpses of how their friendship/relationship evolved... the hostility between him and Alec... how she dealt with that... and of course having Sophie taken away.

Once again, another one of your stories that I'm absolutely in love with! How do you keep yourself inspired to have this constant creative flow? Please don't ever stop writing such wonderful stories for this fandom! Also, thanks for not using phonetic accents anywhere... ever! haha
CottonMary chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This is AMAZING! Thank you so much for posting!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Wow . That is a plausible past for all involved. Fir me I especially love the couch scene and where cal drunkly murmurs that he loves Gillian mire then Zoe. Come on we all know that is the truth. Thanks for sharing.