Reviews for Snape's Empty WinThe House Cup
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Well, it was clear that a whole year's worth of work is meaningless, and that the House winner will always be whoever the Headmaster wants it to be. I'm surprised Minerva doesn't make the comment about how generous Albus was to _let_ Slytherin win in those previous years.

But of course all four houses should be united.

As long as Gryffindor wins.

I wonder what people in Hufflepuff _really_ thought in the fourth year about Harry Potter being the real champion of Hogwarts.
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
The writing is good and smooth, and the pretense for the story is not only an amusing one, it's also quite clever.

That said, however, the story is hurt pretty severely by its ending. The last several paragraphs are really hard to follow - in fact, I'm not sure I really did. A smoother transition from Draco's part at the beginning to the core of the story would be handy, too. At first, I thought the story would be from his point of view. Just a teensy bit of polishing and this story will shine like so many of your other stories.

TML
Phoenixica24 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Wow...that's funny! I didn't get how it was Snape's Empty Win at first cause it started out with Draco, I wasn't expecting something so sophisticated! Well done!
Principi Phantasia chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I like how you wrote the characters :)

However it was rather confusing near the end, about the wager of the cup and all...?

I never expected Minerva to join a bet though :P
CityGirl419 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
haha this makes me laugh! So funny! So like Snape to try and win the bet no matter what! ] I really liked it. Never would expect McGonagall to take part in a bet tho! haha really great writing! I enjoyed reading it!
ImNotSoEpic chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Wow, really good one-shot about Harry's... First Year?

I really like the introduction, how it's Draco Malfoy's little 'Temper Tantrum'. As I do like that, the ending is a bit confusing.

Weren't they eating dinner at about that point?

But apart from that, this story was excellent, putting aside that it was a one-shot (Which I love reading anyway) :D
wisegirlweasley chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Ha! That was funny! I loved how Dumbledore seemed so oblivious, but really knows all! Draco was done very well, as was McGonagall and Snape. Great work!
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
That was an excellent story, and your opening with Draco's internal temper tantrum was hilarious. I could picture the scene perfectly - him glaring and swearing at Ron - which enchanced the humour perfectly. In fact, it was so good that I think they should remake the movie with this scene included in it. What made the opening so successful was that you remained true to Draco's character by having him boil things down to money in order to make himself feel superior to the Gryffindors. It was also very cunning of him to profit from the situation, a sly quality that mirrored that of his Head of House.

Snape's dialogue with McGonagall was perfect, and (once again) I could picture the deadpan delivery of his words. It showed a real working relationship and friendship between the two Heads that was just right. The playful side of Professor McGonagall also worked well and was in line with her character.

It was a highly entertaining story and I loved it. As always, you demonstrated a natural flair for writing. Well done.
dreamersrequiem chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Great one-shot. Your characterisation, as always, is spot on. I loved the interactions between the teachers and Dumbledore's little 'input'. Nice work.
The Silver Flame chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
I liked it, but I got a little lost in the last two paragraphs.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I take it this was inspired by some forum drama! ;) Nicely done, and your characterisation is spot on, as always.

I have been a terible fangirl for some time now, but I will read all your fics that are in the waiting line in my inbox! :D

Until then, cheers! :D

HWitch
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Oh I loved this. I loved how you wrote the teachers. You have them written perfectly. I've always wondered if they bet money on house cups. And I liked your Minerva. And Snape. Great use of the prompt.