Reviews for The Marine War
The God Emperor of Mankind chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
Orks aren't male! They aren't even mammals. They're plants, just because they have lots of muscles doesn't mean their dudes.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Very good. When are you going to upload another chapter?
Blackhole1 chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
I would really love to see more of this. Your writing is really great and the premise for your story is really interesting. I'd really like to see what the angle of the Thousand Sons Librarian is. Judging by the update date, I'm afraid I'll probably never know. Unless you take this thinly disguised plea to continue seriously and update.

Really, it would be such a shame if this fic just died. It has way too much promise and it deserves some more love and attention.
Pudding Dragon chapter 3 . 3/23/2011
A friend of mine once asked me who I thought would win in a fight between 40k space marines and starcraft space marines. My reponse was several minutes of maniacal laughter. Bioenginered, superhuman demigods devoted utterly to the art of battle vs space hicks. No contest.
Tyranifex chapter 3 . 1/27/2011
I want to see more
Ranger24 chapter 3 . 12/25/2010
nice fic really like that its prehorus heresy era. makes the imperium seem like less of douche bags.
Norwest chapter 3 . 12/6/2010
I like! At the same time, if the SC-'verse and 30k-'verse are the same galaxy, how come there's two Earths (one with a certain Emperor, the other with the UED?)
great fat one chapter 3 . 12/1/2010
nice writing style hope you write more of these storiesliked the ork par i loved it
iyaerP chapter 2 . 11/26/2010
Interesting...

please, do go on.
hhhhhhhhhhhhh chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I have just a few issues with the first chapter. While it's a good start, I feel some things need to be fleshed out and explained in more detail.

When Admiral Douglas O'Donald comes into contact with the primarch Rogal Dorn, the exchange seems a bit hostile and unrealistic. With many years of experience stacked on his title of Admiral, one might think Douglas O'Donald would show more patience and restraint when communicating with an unknown faction. Demanding the identity of the other commander without returning the favor, and opening with a threat doesn't seem too wise a political move. Of course, it may be that the Dominion really doesn't like outsiders, but this really bothered me.

I also think that you missed out on an opportunity to flesh out and contrast the two factions. When the story is told from the perspective of the Admiral, you did not describe his thoughts on the appearance of the ship, and of Rogal Dorn and his massive armor. For all we know, he just thought the Imperium to be another rogue Terran faction. Assuming Imperium battleships did not change much between the Great Crusade and the 41st millenium, the Imperial ships should resemble huge, armed cathedrals, complete with gunports that you could fit buildings in - a far cry from the more functional, sleek designs of the Dominion. If I encountered one of those multi-kilometer behemoths, I'd be more intimidated than angry or even confident.

About the Yamato Cannon: according to my knowledge, they aren't streams of plasma but nuclear explosions shaped into a beam using magnetic fields. Considering that 40k battleships can take beatings that turn planets into debris fields, I'll agree with the other reviewer that the Yamato Cannon would just leave a small scratch. Unless, you want to make the Dominion more of a threat for plot purposes, then I can understand.

If you want to see a first contact between 40k and another sci-fi universe done extremely well (and I mean extremely well), check out Elsewhen and Elsewhere by the Lycanthrope. The interactions between the two factions are immensely detailed and believable. It's a shame he decided to put it on hold indefinitely, though. I would definitely recommend giving it a read.

Anyway, from what I've read of your story so far, it's a great start. It is much better than a lot of stories in this section, and I'm already looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Remember to have fun writing, and good luck!
Will of the Emperor chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
So far so good. Although I don't think a Yamato Cannon could lower Void Shields, it is just a small pinprick in what is otherwise a good story. Keep it up!