Reviews for Stolen Heart
Durotos chapter 19 . 3/20
I really like the way you've written Celia this entire story. She comes off as a caring, concerned friend. I love the dynamic you have created between her and Claire, and I'm relieved to see she was hesitant to accept Skye without any qualms. It seems it will take some time and trust before Skye is able to become part of the Valley, and that's the way it should be, in my opinion. Good job! :)
Durotos chapter 18 . 3/6
I appreciate the fact that the apologies didn't go perfectly. I especially liked the scene with Flora and Carter. I think Claire now realizes that even though Skye didn't steal anything from him, that bond of trust has been broken, and it will take time for something like that to heal. They can apologize all they want for their behavior, but people have to be willing to accept them again before Skye can be a permanent part of the town.

I especially liked the way you portrayed Carter in this chapter, along with Rock. Claire assumed Rock wasn't going to get upset because he is her friend, but I'm glad that you made him speak out and imply that Skye's smooth-talking wouldn't be the answer to all of his problems. After all, he's going to have to get along with the male population of the Valley as well.

I also appreciated how the events of the day stuck with Claire. It didn't feel like an event that anyone would easily forget. I am glad that you didn't breeze over the apologies and you made the reactions to the characters more realistic.
Durotos chapter 17 . 3/2
"Above all, I'd remember that I was always alone when the sun went down."

Such a heartbreaking sentence; it really says it all for Claire's emotions in this scene, doesn't it? The whole part with her detatching from her emotions and telling herself that she was in love with the idea of him all felt very human and real. Great choice of words in this section.

Skye is actually pretty cute when he's flustered! It's interesting to see characters exposed to their weaknesses. They really make a cute pair in this story. I can't wait to see what will happen next! I'm curious to see how Skye will gain favor with the townsfolk and how Claire will reveal that she had been friends with Skye all along. I look forward to the next chapter!
Durotos chapter 16 . 2/28
Kudos to Celia once again for standing her ground and letting Claire have it. I feel like she said a lot of things that needed to be said. I enjoy how she did give Claire a good tongue-lashing, she also saw her friend's side of the story as well and wished the best for her.

I love how Rock was just mostly disappointed he didn't guess who Claire's real crush was, haha.

In a way, Skye leaving seems like both the most responsible and most irresponsible thing to do. I'm curious to see where this goes... :) Thanks for a good read!
Durotos chapter 15 . 2/27
I like how Claire's actions in the previous chapter did have consequences. Glad to see she made up with Celia and Karen (kind of, haha).

It'll be interesting to hear Skye's reasoning for needing to leave the Valley, soon, and I'm thinking after this chapter, Claire will be a lot more emotional about it. The Skye/Claire scene was perfectly timed. I could really feel her confliction about wanting to help her friends and wanting to help Skye at the same time. Her delayed realization of her feelings for him was adorable.

It looks like she's going to need to tell Celia what's up. It will be interesting to see how that all goes down. Thanks for another great chapter!
Durotos chapter 14 . 2/25
I like the sweet and sour combo you have with Celia and Karen. I sometimes forget that they're related, and I can see a big part of Karen's overprotectiveness is her affection for Celia. As for the part with Celia and Claire and their little disagreement, I'm glad that you had Celia stand her ground. I think that shows a lot about her character. :)

I understand that you changed the POV to write the drunken scene, but I think you could suprise yourself if you decided to keep it in the first person. Like the part where Claire snaps from being giggly to losing her cool, you can make "pessimistic Claire" pop in for some internal dialogue. Perhaps her frustration at how the rumors about her and Kai have been flying rampant and her obvious lingering frustration at the way Skye had treated her - it seems to be bubbling back to the surface now that her defenses are lowered. I personally feel that the scene would be more powerful from the first person perspective, but if you don't want to change it, it was still a great scene.

Ah, my heart broke a bit for Skye in this scene. He had been waiting to hear those words from Claire, and her drunkenness cheapened them. Poor guy. I do like how you wrote him the gentleman in this scene and took care of her. A very great read. It looks like I'm all caught up for the moment, but I look forward to reading some more! :D
Durotos chapter 13 . 2/25
Yay, Cliff's appearance! Poor guy, he often seems to become everyone's sounding board because he's so quiet and doesn't voice his own worries.

I really liked the way you portrayed Claire's realization of her feelings about Skye. "I want to see you live an honest and comfortable life." I wonder if she realizes this means she is beginning to care about him unconditionally - a big step.

Cute ending to the chapter. I look forward to reading more! :D
Durotos chapter 12 . 2/25
I love Vesta in this chapter. She genuinely wants what is best for Celia. The part where she said she would tell anyone else to piss off made me giggle. Vesta's one of my favorite valley peeps, and I love the way you wrote her personality.

I really felt for Marlin in this chapter as well. He wanted to protect Celia and is frustrated that he wasn't able to stop Skye.

Things seem as if they're going to get even more interesting... :)
Durotos chapter 11 . 2/25
I was kind of hoping for Claire to be a little more disappointed that Kai was into Popuri, but c'est la vie.

I'm glad that Skye was able to see that he was being immature toward Claire for being friends with a male. A great chapter, in all. I'm looking forward to reading the next couple - you said they were your fave. Onward!
Durotos chapter 10 . 2/25
Ah, Skye's immature behavior is almost making me wish that Claire would let him go and pursue Kai. However, Kai has mentioned his attraction to Mineral Town... and curly hair... So he's probably taken.

It'll be interesting to see how this proceeds. I love the way you've written Skye's personality. He's confident on the outside, but very insecure about himself. Either way, he needs to man up, haha! :D
Durotos chapter 9 . 2/25
Ah, I was hoping for a Karen appearance, but I guess I'll have to wait.

I love the natural, easygoing relationship that you have given between Kai and Claire. Ah, I almost wanna see them together now! I take it Skye is a little sour that his love interest has made a male friend in Rock. Well, maybe if he'd listen to Claire and not steal, he wouldn't have to hide in the darkness of night.

Very entertaining chapter! Thanks again!
Durotos chapter 8 . 2/25
Hey, Moonlight, what's good?

I was honestly hoping that Celia would be a little angrier at Claire for hiding the truth from her. Maybe if you made her just a tiny bit angrier, haha. Either way, I enjoyed the interactions between them and the motherly way Celia has with her.

I'm also intrigued by the uncanny friendship Claire has formed with Rock. Many people write him as an unredemable brainless character, and I'm glad you didn't follow that trope.

It will be interesting to see what is on Skye's mind. My guess was that he was upset for having carried Claire off the way he did the other night, but it seems it is more than that...

Anyway, thanks for the good read!
Durotos chapter 7 . 2/25
I love the way you wrote Flora and Carter, so cute! I always pictured them as acting like an old married couple, but the newlywed routine is adorable as well. It segues well into Claire's inner dialogue of what she wants in life, someone who will love her unconditionally and deeply.

The scene on the beach was done well. This is the part in the heart events where we get to see a bit of the "real Skye", and you did not miss this opportunity. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens when Skye inevitably leaves his note for Vesta. I can imagine a furious Claire over Celia being exposed to the thief. Anyway, I look forward to reading what happens next! Thanks for the great read! :D
Durotos chapter 6 . 2/24
I love the way you wrote Rock - a little bit of a jerk, a lot of ignorance and a heaping cup of naivety. I appreciate that while Claire inevitably loses her temper with him, she feels remorse for jumping to conclusions. I also enjoyed how this theme was carried through with Skye.

Sky's sheer bull-headedness in eating the burnt cookies was highly amusing. Looking forward to more!
Durotos chapter 5 . 2/23
For a brief moment I read that Skye was hiding in the mini fridge and I laughed so hard. It made me think of Devo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I kinda wish that was the case, haha.

I love the backstory you gave for Claire's parents. It's sad and a little romantic.

Looking forward to reading more! :D