Reviews for Christmas for the Elves
You do a pretty good job, actually, with your characterization, compared to some of the stories I've read, but I still felt I should warn you about some of these mistakes. I've seen much worse.
You should probably do a little more research concerning medieval Europe; you try to make Melena come from a peasant background in medieval Europe, yet she owns several items that would instantly mark her as upper class, such as: a porcelain doll, multiple hats and scarves, a housekeeper/guardian, a jeweled bracelet, and fancy clothes revealing enough to befit a tavern wench. You also need to emphasize Melena's cultural shock a lot more; 16th century villages would look upon Rural Kansas with absolute amazement. Plop a 16th century village girl into the North Pole, with 21st century tech? My friend, you have a long way to go.
Snowflake888 chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
I enjoy this story
keep up the good work :)
nekuranekomegams chapter 11 . 11/4/2012
definatly should finish it! :D :D I Love it! :D
xSYNx chapter 11 . 10/2/2012
hurry and write more!
guest chapter 11 . 7/16/2012
please update... I'd like to see bernards reaction when he sees melena with the reindeer... is buddy still in the story?
Invader Ivy chapter 11 . 5/25/2012
Good story so far! Can't wait for the next chapter
past january chapter 11 . 3/19/2012
I know its past January now, but please please please can we have an update? I want to know what bernards reaction will be to melena working in one of the most important sections!
fuzzyelffreak chapter 11 . 1/17/2012
oh you need to have bernard become friends with Melena. it's just the way it's going. you need to. and I didn't much like carol either...
Unquestionably Unhinged chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
AWESOME! I really like this story! Keep up the good work! WOO!
yay chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
so here i am reviweing again... yeah lol i reviewed before, but i bookmark all my favourites and [in order] check for updates or read again one by one LOL

Just saying story is brilliant, still update, and we need some berlena!
MrsJasminTumnus chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
hey there!

Yesterday I read all of your chapters and I really like your story! You have a great writing style and I like how you discribe things... and how you explain some plot holes of the movies ... e.g. the thing why Bernard wasn't in the last movie... and this wasn't the only reason why it SUCKED! I mean it was completely illogical, slowly, and without the spirit of Christmas even if it was a so called 'Christmas movie'. It had commercial for RED BULL *coughs* Red deer *coughs*...not to mention how Curtis screwed up everything just because he was too proud to keep a secret to himself... Bernard would have been never so stupid, he would have kicked Frost's a**... okay, that was enough I think

back to your story:

There are some things different, e.g. that Santa lives in a castle instead near the workshop and that there seem to be many more workshops... in the movies you only see this big hall...

And, Bernard seems to be more of a 'bad a**' but I can understand this change of character now... (last chapter)

So I'm wondering... this story is Fantasy/Romance... and Melena

has the same height as Bernard... and Bernard is kind of a workaholic who needs some love in his life...

I love your story. Please continue soon! 3

And please forgive my grammar/spelling mistakes, english is not my native tounge
yay chapter 11 . 1/4/2012
I commented before, can't remember the name, but i love how you have researched the topics and everything, I just love this piece, melenas reaction to being divorced was so funny! I'd love to see bernards reaction to her being [perfect] at the stables, santa's reaction and if you are going to make him happy again, whether you are including buddy, and you mentioned she dances? Have you seen tangled, where repunzel dances in the street and everyone dances too? Really catchy tune, and for some reason always thought of the dances at the beginning like this dance scene. Imagine bernard and santas face!

And nevermind about it not being christmas, we have to keep the spirit alive!
SummerMistedDragon chapter 11 . 1/3/2012
Very late holiday cheer to you as well! I love this chapter! And thought Poor Carol, Poor Bernard and Scott as well! Can't wait for more!
please chapter 10 . 1/3/2012
Merry Christmas everyone, and I'll post again next week after the big day :)quote from your comment at the bottom... Come one this is one of the best bernard oc fics around, please update more often! I check this everyday but still no post!
hhmm chapter 9 . 12/2/2011
is melena related to leona? she has a necklace similar? i dunno, please continue, its the 2nd of december!