Reviews for Epithalamium
excessivelyperky chapter 54 . 3/20
Oh, what a lovely wedding! And Aberforth came after all.

A little foreshadowing there-the Greyback child became a werewolf, and we all know how well that worked out.

But this chapter is about joy, and two people who love each other declaring in front of their friends, their family, and the sight of God.

Beautiful!
excessivelyperky chapter 53 . 12/14/2014
Excellent chapter, especially with the foreshadowing that a binding between the two of them will come, even if it doesn't sound like such a good idea right now to Minerva. War makes hard choices.

But for now, let us let Minerva dream of a honeymoon in Italy...
excessivelyperky chapter 52 . 10/11/2014
Actually, Albus could kill Tom Riddle-and probably should have-if he knows a simple Vanishing spell. Or Transfigure Riddle's body into a pebble (whether he's still alive or not). Magic makes many things much easier, when you think about it.

And this is why Voldemort is in Cairo.
excessivelyperky chapter 51 . 9/27/2014
Well. At least this time Albus avoids the temptation to play with objects he doesn't understand-but if Meadowes is blind, he probably caught a curse meant for Minerva.
excessivelyperky chapter 48 . 7/15/2014
What a lovely evening! Birgit Nilsson is not to be missed.
excessivelyperky chapter 46 . 5/14/2014
Why would their relationship have to be hidden once they marry? I think this is a question that Minerva should be asking herself, and Albus.

But it was really interesting to hear of the origins of the Mark and the first Horcrux, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 45 . 4/26/2014
What a lovely chapter-the ring, the ritual interrogation by Papa, and the happy planning for the nuptials (with the traditional question asked about the haste by the eldest female relative who's going to have to put the Adjustment Charm on the wedding gown if necessary, heh).

Though...the fact they have to hide their relationship isn't just because Albus has enemies, though that's the excuse that's given.

And then when Tom steps in the scene, Minerva tells him. That means Dumbledore's enemies will know (as the main one does) in about five minutes.

So why hide the marriage and the relationship? Albus can sway the Wizengamot pretty much whenever he needs to.

But then. Tom does raise some questions that would have to be answered. However, now that he knows those questions may well be raised by others.

All this should come out into the open, or Tom will have ammo to use against the Dumbledore couple.
excessivelyperky chapter 44 . 3/28/2014
Another good chapter. It's clear that Dumbledore thinks about power almost as much as Tom Riddle does, and selects his associates on those terms more than any other (ditto Tom Riddle, mind you). It makes you wonder what would have happened if Tom had decided to simply wait Albus out; what would Dumbledore have done if there had been no war save that with Father Time? After all, with those horcruxes he would have been pretty much guaranteed a longer lifespan than Albus - and if Dumbledore called in a favor from Flamel, it would eventually be noticed.

But I digress. It is interesting to here Albus and Aberforth discussing family matters, though; the two are all that remains of the Dumbledore line, and Aberforth is obviously amazed that any woman wanted to give his brother the time of day (and vice versa, I expect).
RipplesOfAqua chapter 3 . 3/6/2014
ahhhh! as a philosophy nerd I cannot tell you how ecstatic it makes me that you've included it into you're story. I've always imagined that both of them would be well read in it, even if it's muggle. The picture of them having philosophical debates is perfect and completely accurate to their characters. (also on a side note, taking philosophy classes while being in the middle of a Harry Potter faze has made we wonder about how magic could fit in, so it's nice to know I'm not alone. even if my company's only fictional ;) ) Anyways, I love you're characterization of Minerva and Albus. Minerva especially is a good balance of strict work ethic, brilliance, and a subtle humor that stays true to her characterization in the books. I've read other stories that have gotten close, but seem to miss something. Your Minerva comes to life. Great job! :)
Guest chapter 55 . 2/23/2014
Amazing story! Love the love stories with AD/MG! Can't wait to read more of your stories
MysticGelfling chapter 32 . 2/19/2014
The tension you create at a certain point in their interaction is fantastic. Minerva has grown so much!
Amelia teasing McGonagall is absolutely wonderful. She never fails to make me giggle.
Your Aberforth is spot on. It's frustrating to no end that he doesn't cut his brother any slack. I'm sure Aberforth knows Dumbledore has been feeling guilty since the whole mess happened (over fifty years?), he could try to be slightly more civil to him. Of course, if that would be the case, he -Aberforth- would lose his charm as a character :D
MysticGelfling chapter 31 . 2/19/2014
Wonderful. I love your transitions. Nice to see Filius around. And McGonagall is back at Hogwarts and teaching transfiguration!
The imagery of Dumbledore relieving himself (while thinking of Minerva even without wanting to) was hotter than I could have expected :) And that final line is simply brilliant.
MysticGelfling chapter 30 . 2/18/2014
Oh, poor Elizabeth :( Good for Amelia and Marlene. And now I understand what was going on with Dumbledore. I can't believe he's doing the whole hero routine so thoroughly. I sort of understand his worries about age difference because people tend to want different things at different stages in life, and it can get in the way. But, I kinda thought wizards had longer life spans, and that would change things significantly. Also, I always imagined him to be rather good looking from JK's description - tall, thin, elegant, the long white/red hair, blue eyes - so I don't know about all those worries. And, well, the too dangerous argument is rather silly. If that were the case no soldier, policeman, etc would ever marry. So frustrating.
Minerva is so lovely. I kinda wish things would have worked better with Douglas, he seemed like a nice guy. Alastor is also fun (and you write him amazingly well), but I suspect he's not going to cut it either.
MysticGelfling chapter 29 . 2/18/2014
Poor Elizabeth :( And I spoke too soon about Dumbledore. LOL at his formality, though.
And Riddle! You know? If he weren't so completely crazy, he could have been part of a really interesting love triangle. A third wheel, but one with some chances. But, alas, he's a total nut-job :P
MysticGelfling chapter 28 . 2/18/2014
Darn, but that was hot! You write incredibly sexy scenes, but this one was seriously intense :) Oh, and Minerva's dad and Amelia's mum? Yeah, that's great! And, what's up with Dumbledore not wanting to even say hi to Minerva? Is he a complete idiot?